• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone waiting for the AWE Tuning exhaust for their Type S?

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
I started this post the other day with every intention of purchasing the AWE touring exhaust as soon as it became available. That was before driving my car more than the 15 delivery miles home. Since then I took it on a 150 mile trip on Friday and I must say I’m very pleased with how the car sounds. It’s the perfect volume at highway speeds and just enough growl at acceleration. I may look into a resonator delete section or something.
An aftermarket front pipe and/or downpipe is probably the best solution. The stock cutback is great for what it is and you still can maintain the valves.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
An aftermarket front pipe and/or downpipe is probably the best solution. The stock cutback is great for what it is and you still can maintain the valves.
Yep, that's what I did last night.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Any videos?! I'm very curious.
Lol. I didn't make one. It would have been a lot of cussing handing the cat when it was hot and fighting with that damn heat shield getting the new cat in.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Get a Downpipe and front pipe before you decide on replacing the stock exhaust. This thing has some serious exhaust sound in the cabin when in sport+. It's not a good thing if you care about mpg🤣

6-Speedio

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R
I love the CTR rear much more than the ITS. However, I love the ITS front much more than the CTR.

I need to buy both cars and build a frankenhatch.

Chingylingy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I'm hoping AWE will consider to keep the valve on DE5 touring exhaust. But i most likely will get it later down the road.

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Get a Downpipe and front pipe before you decide on replacing the stock exhaust. This thing has some serious exhaust sound in the cabin when in sport+. It's not a good thing if you care about mpg🤣
isn't that mostly because of the fake sound? (which i intend to disable like I did on my FL5)

bisquick

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS, '19 LSM RDX A-Spec
isn't that mostly because of the fake sound? (which i intend to disable like I did on my FL5)
Pumped in sound is almost non-existent on the DE5. You only really hear it in Sport+ near redline. For a stock exhaust, the car is louder than most you'll drive by on the road especially when you get pops and bangs.

I can only image the sounds at WOT with a downpipe/frontpipe combo.

Time will tell....

BigBird

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Pumped in sound is almost non-existent on the DE5. You only really hear it in Sport+ near redline. For a stock exhaust, the car is louder than most you'll drive by on the road especially when you get pops and bangs.

I can only image the sounds at WOT with a downpipe/frontpipe combo.

Time will tell....
having an Elantra N, these pops and bangs are muted. But compared to my FL5, they are loud as that sounds like a vacuum. So it really does depends on what you're used to.

TypeSJ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 Mazda RX7,2004 Subaru Wrx Wagon, 2017, Subaru
Any updates?

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 Audi S4 - Quantum Gray
I'm hoping AWE will consider to keep the valve on DE5 touring exhaust. But i most likely will get it later down the road.
I am a huge fan of AWE, and have had 3 of their exhausts on my cars (2019 RS3, 2018 M5, 2021 S4) they have done marvelous things with their drone canceling technology on the touring exhausts WITHOUT valves. The track exhaust even though pretty loud on startup quiets down really nice and it gives the car the tone it deserves. I drove the ITS a few months ago as part of my YouTube channel and was very underwhelmed by the stock exhaust, but I like LOUD in your face exhaust like the AWE Track Exhaust. My M5 was so loud at cold start with the AWE that I had to start it with the garage door closed. But after it quieted down it was perfectly managable on the highway with little to no drone. The RS3 droned like crazy. DSG transmissions are just louder in general. I couldn't hold a conversation with that one, but all the others are just fine.
Personally I hope they make both Touring / Track editions. I HATE absolutely DESPISE valved exhaust. I think it is one of the dumbest features on cars of today. There is absolutely no reason for it in most of todays cars. If you buy a sports car you want to hear it. I have been underwhelmed with every exhaust I have ever had stock on a vehicle.
Eagerly awaiting what the price will be and what the sound will sound like, but this will be my first purchase for my ITS and likely my only one.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am a huge fan of AWE, and have had 3 of their exhausts on my cars (2019 RS3, 2018 M5, 2021 S4) they have done marvelous things with their drone canceling technology on the touring exhausts WITHOUT valves. The track exhaust even though pretty loud on startup quiets down really nice and it gives the car the tone it deserves. I drove the ITS a few months ago as part of my YouTube channel and was very underwhelmed by the stock exhaust, but I like LOUD in your face exhaust like the AWE Track Exhaust. My M5 was so loud at cold start with the AWE that I had to start it with the garage door closed. But after it quieted down it was perfectly managable on the highway with little to no drone. The RS3 droned like crazy. DSG transmissions are just louder in general. I couldn't hold a conversation with that one, but all the others are just fine.
Personally I hope they make both Touring / Track editions. I HATE absolutely DESPISE valved exhaust. I think it is one of the dumbest features on cars of today. There is absolutely no reason for it in most of todays cars. If you buy a sports car you want to hear it. I have been underwhelmed with every exhaust I have ever had stock on a vehicle.
Eagerly awaiting what the price will be and what the sound will sound like, but this will be my first purchase for my ITS and likely my only one.
I think valved is the only way to go. No reason to have it loud and droning on the highway for a 30 minute commute much less a 5 hour drive. If I have passengers I stick it in comfort mode and it's like a normal car. I noticed a lot more drone with aftermarket cat but the valved exhaust takes care of it.

STi from DSM

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 Audi S4 - Quantum Gray
That's fair. I'm incredibly selfish and subject my passengers to my vehicle. If they don't like it they don't have to ride with me. (I'm also weird and like drone on the highway) I just wish they would make a button (that comes stock with the car) that if you hit it it stays open or closes. ALL of the valved exhausts I have had even when "open" are only open for brief periods of time and it is based on throttle response.
In my RS5 I removed the fuse for it and they stayed open all the time due to that, but they were always opening and closing and the different drive modes really didn't help that much.