• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone waiting for the AWE Tuning exhaust for their Type S?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
That's fair. I'm incredibly selfish and subject my passengers to my vehicle. If they don't like it they don't have to ride with me. (I'm also weird and like drone on the highway) I just wish they would make a button (that comes stock with the car) that if you hit it it stays open or closes. ALL of the valved exhausts I have had even when "open" are only open for brief periods of time and it is based on throttle response.
In my RS5 I removed the fuse for it and they stayed open all the time due to that, but they were always opening and closing and the different drive modes really didn't help that much.
Sport+ sure sounds like it's open all the time I can look but it's loud in the cabin when I select it.

FL5 drivers have done a fuse pull to keep the valve open I'm sure it will work for ours as well.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There are a shrinking number of folks who just prefer loud all the time. In a car I drive every day, I'm just far too old for that shit. A very 90s way of thinking, IMO... but for a 2nd car I would probably want a non-valved exhaust.

Just wait for that. The stock exhaust is good for what it is, but it's far too quiet for anyone who prefers loud aftermarket exhausts. As of this moment I don't think there's one available though but I'm sure that's subject to change eventually. The car didn't get in anyone's hands outside of Acura employees until 3 months ago. I don't know about other folks, but I wouldn't feel very confident about the quality of a product that was rushed to market.

I am sad that most if not all JDM brands are probably not going to bother with the Type S... and honestly the options will probably be limited in the US market too because most people do like the OEM exhaust. Just a little concerning from a business perspective- not a high volume of return on investment for R&D, so probably only a handful of vendors are even going to give the Type S a look. Just my guess. Hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
BklynITS

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Hi guys! Iā€™ll be dropping off my car at AWE Tuning tomorrow for the development of an exhaust for our Type Sā€™s! Pretty exciting. Weā€™ll have an update in one to seven weeks! Iā€™ll keep everyone posted as soon as I receive it back and my reviews of it, of course. šŸ˜

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
Hi guys! Iā€™ll be dropping off my car at AWE Tuning tomorrow for the development of an exhaust for our Type Sā€™s! Pretty exciting. Weā€™ll have an update in one to seven weeks! Iā€™ll keep everyone posted as soon as I receive it back and my reviews of it, of course. šŸ˜
Hopefully they keep the valve.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
There are a shrinking number of folks who just prefer loud all the time. In a car I drive every day, I'm just far too old for that shit. A very 90s way of thinking, IMO... but for a 2nd car I would probably want a non-valved exhaust.

Just wait for that. The stock exhaust is good for what it is, but it's far too quiet for anyone who prefers loud aftermarket exhausts. As of this moment I don't think there's one available though but I'm sure that's subject to change eventually. The car didn't get in anyone's hands outside of Acura employees until 3 months ago. I don't know about other folks, but I wouldn't feel very confident about the quality of a product that was rushed to market.

I am sad that most if not all JDM brands are probably not going to bother with the Type S... and honestly the options will probably be limited in the US market too because most people do like the OEM exhaust. Just a little concerning from a business perspective- not a high volume of return on investment for R&D, so probably only a handful of vendors are even going to give the Type S a look. Just my guess. Hope I'm wrong.
I can see some manufacturers with after market parts that can fit both FL5 and DE5 to just bring a new packaging for our DE5 using the exact same products. Springs like Eibach is a good example. Some other things like intake, DP can also be repackaged. Anything that will require R&D those companies will need to think hard if they can get the ROI. This is unless they can also sell the parts to the base Integra models.

OP
OP
BklynITS

BklynITS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Hopefully they keep the valve.
They told me that they intend to. A little update: dropped off the car there for a brief two day research mission. Met with the guys there. Great group of guys. They took some measurements and the full development for this system should be ready sometime early next year. Iā€™ll keep everyone posted.

IMG_7363.jpeg

Last edited:

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
I absolutely love AWE and intend on getting this if they make a track version. I had the track on my FK8 and it was perfect. I agree that it was a smidge loud during cold starts nothing annoying unless I was trying to sneak away at 2-3 in the morning lol. And it came with a blow pop sucker in the box. LoL

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I hope they keep the valve for comfort mode!

lmtlsauto

Elite Sponsor
First Name
LMTLS Auto
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
AWE is still about 2 months out from releasing the production for the Type S but we are keeping a close eye and will be stocking once available! Stay tuned!

BigJimSlim

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
From John Voss at AWE in response to my question about when the touring and track kits would be ready for the ITS: ā€œMost likely we will be releasing that one in late April.ā€

Augmentedjdm

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Type R and 2012 Accord Coupe ExL
From John Voss at AWE in response to my question about when the touring and track kits would be ready for the ITS: ā€œMost likely we will be releasing that one in late April.ā€
I got an email with the same info. Shooting for the end of April he said.