• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
My apologize if this has been posted before but I thought id share this video and see everyone discuss their thoughts.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I don't think a 4 cyl turbo engine will ever sound great, but this is much better than I was expecting and a lot better than the CTR. I wonder if CTR owners will be trying to get their hands on stock ITS exhausts.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I don't think a 4 cyl turbo engine will ever sound great, but this is much better than I was expecting and a lot better than the CTR. I wonder if CTR owners will be trying to get their hands on stock ITS exhausts.
Does it appear to be different? Maybe it's in the resonator setup

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Does it appear to be different? Maybe it's in the resonator setup
It does, but it is sort of hard to tell definitively with all the ambient noise.

FWIW, Milltek has also solved this problem, and I'm sure there are other aftermarket companies that will follow suit. But as an owner of a car that doesn't sound like it should have from the factory, it's encouraging to hear how this Integra might sound. I'd love to avoid spending an instant couple grand on an exhaust to get it to sound the way I want it to.

Although it is all relative... ~$2k or so for a Milltek isn't so bad compared to the Kline setup for my 718 is $5500 for the stainless steel version- and $8500 for the inconel o_O .

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It does, but it is sort of hard to tell definitively with all the ambient noise.

FWIW, Milltek has also solved this problem, and I'm sure there are other aftermarket companies that will follow suit. But as an owner of a car that doesn't sound like it should have from the factory, it's encouraging to hear how this Integra might sound. I'd love to avoid spending an instant couple grand on an exhaust to get it to sound the way I want it to.

Although it is all relative... ~$2k or so for a Milltek isn't so bad compared to the Kline setup for my 718 is $5500 for the stainless steel version- and $8500 for the inconel o_O .

Highway drone is the issue with some of these aftermarket. So hopefully the stock is sufficient with maybe a downpipe, already bought onešŸ˜‰

PorscheGt23

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITR 911
All my bmws and Porsche has much more crackle from the factory then the ITS. I saw the video of them trying to make it crackle and the car has to be fully warmed up and then some to get going. I donā€™t care for crackles anyhow.. both the Porsche and bmw in sports plus mode rids it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
All my bmws and Porsche has much more crackle from the factory then the ITS. I saw the video of them trying to make it crackle and the car has to be fully warmed up and then some to get going. I donā€™t care for crackles anyhow.. both the Porsche and bmw in sports plus mode rids it.
6 and 8 cyl engines just plain sound better. Maybe we can do the same fuse hack as the ctr to keep the middle pipe flap open all the time. Might make it sound better even when it's not in S+ mode.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
i'd be interested to see a side by side ... sounds clean but not "wow" to me ... which is what I/we would expect from a turbo 4 cylinder. it will definitely be interesting to see the exhaust compatibility case.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
i'd be interested to see a side by side ... sounds clean but not "wow" to me ... which is what I/we would expect from a turbo 4 cylinder. it will definitely be interesting to see the exhaust compatibility case.
I need to record my 1.5T cold start. It sounds similar to this with the stock exhaust

OP
OP

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
My Integra does burble a little bit but it's the opposite. Especially when it's not yet fully warmed up. I think it might just run a tiny bit richer which makes it sound like that. I am just a little weary with cars that crackle stock like the Elantra N, and German cars. because when I am behind my buddy with a N and he has it on the crackle mode it smells. Not like a smell of having no cat its more of the smell of breaking in a new exhaust but his exhaust is not new so I wonder how much abuse the catalytic converter takes in those cars.

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Another question: how much audio engineering has been done to this video? (Hopefully none!):

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Another question: how much audio engineering has been done to this video? (Hopefully none!):

We're waiting for real world testing. There are some other videos out there but the most recent wasn't able to record the car in S+ mode

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Hope itā€™s not like the golf r. The pops are so scarce and the way it cones out, almost sound like something is wrong with the car. Elantra N the pops are not just for sound, it actually anti lag and keeps the turbo spooled.

Tw1stedlog1k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition
Hope itā€™s not like the golf r. The pops are so scarce and the way it cones out, almost sound like something is wrong with the car. Elantra N the pops are not just for sound, it actually anti lag and keeps the turbo spooled.
It's funny you mention that because the factory burble settings on the M2 are predictable, excessive, and a bit contrived if I'm being honest. Some owners (myself included) have gone in to code the factory burbles off. You still get a nice *pop* and *bang* on aggressive throttle and lift but the long a drawn out popcorn maker tune is gone.

Sounds like the ITS has just the right amount of pops and burbles.