• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
As someone who toggles between both sport and sports+ and it being night and day difference between the two I think it has to do with the mapping. It's not a scientific test by any means.

I had to get a tune for my WRX and BRZ to get the most popcorn effect but it seemed kinda forced.
The integra has that someone force feel but not as exaggerate.

My 2nd Gen NSX has a downpipe and tune but it doesn't seem force and real
You need to post some clips with your NSX.. 🤤

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Appreciate your videos @notorious9i6
I can't find the video now but there was one I watched which had a verifiable technical break down of the tune the ITS has for the pops and burbles. it's NOT JUST the exhaust valve (which is open in sport mode with no pops or burbles.)
Recap of video explanation below.
"when the ECU detects a sudden decrease in throttle it adds a little bit extra fuel and immediately retards the timing thus causing delayed detonation a lot closer to the timing of the exhaust valves opening. with the extra fuel some unburnt fuel still is igniting leaving the chamber causing the pops and burbles...This does not hurt the valve train as this only happens when the engine is NOT under load. improper tuning of the lateral load tuning can damage valves."
The Valve in the exhaust just streamlines the resonance so the reverberation is slightly louder"