• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TPMS info

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Anyone knows how the car behaves if TPMS are missing?

Not sure if I'll add them to my winter wheels...

Do you see a warning all the time in the middle of the dash? Can you disable the warning?
Can the traction control be disabled?

Any info about the behaviour of the car would be appreciated!

chenc544

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 Q60 RS, 07 997TT, 94 300ZX TT
I have been wondering the same thing as I contemplate about winter wheel/tire setup. As much as I appreciate knowing the exact psi in my tires, it's a pain and additional cost to put TPMS on the 2nd set of wheel/tire. I believe the Type-R has indirect TPMS system, ie no pressure sensor, just uses the ABS sensor to estimate the tire pressure base on rotational speed of each wheel. I bet they did that for CTR to accommodate regular switching to track tires. I suspect that indirect TPMS software is still in the ITS, if so then maybe there is a way to switch between the two when switching to winter tires and not trip the warning lights.

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CTR
I haven’t tested on the ITS but on my other cars that I’ve ran wo TPMS the TPMS light just stays on. I would be willing to be its the same on the ITS. It’s semi annoying but not the end of the world. Some people even put a small piece of painters tape over the TPMS light lol. Don’t think any functions of the car will be limited besides the tire PSI reading that u guys mentions but that’s expected wo the sensors.

maximetardif

First Name
Maxime
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 WRX, 2024 integra type s
You should have a warning message on startup,
yellow traction light on,
you will not be able to disable traction control.

OP
OP
Frenzal

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Anyway to bypass this? To disable the TPMS?

Or plug TPMS to a metal can filled with air at 32 PSI?

nawfoo

First Name
Kay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
The Civic guys said they don't have TPMS on their vehicles. Just put the TPMS on the other wheels and don't go overboard putting 20's on it.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
No way to disable TPMS without warnings on the dash. The metal can trick should work, but will need the 4 sensors by each tire since each wheel has an antenna for the TP sensor, but at that point might as well get them installed on the winter set up

OP
OP
Frenzal

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Problem is, I do not drive that much. So usually, the tires can last up to 10 years. So might need to replace the TPMS like 2-3 times in the life of the tires. Then do the same on the winter wheels.
It's a lot of money just to be able to have the tire pressure displayed in the dash. I could check all tire pressures with a small gauge once in a while and it would only cost 5 $...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Problem is, I do not drive that much. So usually, the tires can last up to 10 years. So might need to replace the TPMS like 2-3 times in the life of the tires. Then do the same on the winter wheels.
It's a lot of money just to be able to have the tire pressure displayed in the dash. I could check all tire pressures with a small gauge once in a while and it would only cost 5 $...
The sensors are $40 each and I have never had one fail in other vehicles that were 12+ years old with 200k+ miles.

OP
OP
Frenzal

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The sensors are $40 each and I have never had one fail in other vehicles that were 12+ years old with 200k+ miles.
This is good news! Thought that sensors would only last 3-4 years max. They should then last the life of the tire so I won't have to get tires unmounted-remounted just for replacing sensors!

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads