• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TPMS Question

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Do you need to get TPMS sensors when you get new wheels? or new tires? i've only had indirect TPMS before so i have no idea where the sensors even go, and at what point when you replace wheels/tires do you then need to get the sensors as well.

sorry this is all new to me.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Also no programmation needed. Sensors automatically connect to the car after driving for like 5 minutes.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
so i have a spare set of OEM wheels for my ITS- it looks like they came with the TPMS sensors already installed on them, which is cool. i ordered a set of all season tires for them so i was wondering what i needed to do once i put them on my car for my car to read from them.

Also no programmation needed. Sensors automatically connect to the car after driving for like 5 minutes.
so the car will automatically interface with them once i start driving? that's... convenient lol i had always imagined there were wires or whatever running to the sensors- i literally had no idea how the active TMPS was hooked up or worked

jquelch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S - Apex Blue Pearl
Yep, just installed mine last night. You can watch them pop Into the tire pressure info display one by one as you drive. I just drove maybe 2 miles before all 4 got picked up and began showing the pressures.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
Is this the same with an ASpec Integra so that we don't need to manually program a new set of sensors?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
wait i just want to verify, you don't need the TPMS sensors programmed to your specific car? i just got my all seasons mounted on my spare OEM wheels at a tire shop and they specifically asked me if the TPMS sensors had been programmed to my car because they won't work just with any vehicle- which makes sense otherwise wouldn't you be picking up signals from everyone elses' sensors in traffic?

mine are good because they were literally already on my car from the dealership but i might buy another set of wheels in the future and i need to know if i need to have acura or whoever program them for my car

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
wait i just want to verify, you don't need the TPMS sensors programmed to your specific car? i just got my all seasons mounted on my spare OEM wheels at a tire shop and they specifically asked me if the TPMS sensors had been programmed to my car because they won't work just with any vehicle- which makes sense otherwise wouldn't you be picking up signals from everyone elses' sensors in traffic?

mine are good because they were literally already on my car from the dealership but i might buy another set of wheels in the future and i need to know if i need to have acura or whoever program them for my car
As long as they are the correct part number and on or in the car it will work.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)

You might run into problem with aftermarket sensors. If you use the OE ones, you're OK. And if you wanna cheaper one, buy them at a Honda dealer. I put the part number in the other TPMS thread. Cheaper that way compared if you buy at the Acura dealer.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
they specifically asked me if the TPMS sensors had been programmed to my car because they won't work just with any vehicle
You were talking to some dinosaurs 😉

Early TPMS systems required a learn procedure with a special tool required to activate the sensor to send the signal while the car was in "pairing mode" (it was almost just like pairing bluetooth devices but required an additional 4 figure tool). Now that we have entered 2023 it is no longer necessary.

GTO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 17 BRZ

Just order OEM sensors part number 42753-T6N-E03 from your preferred online wholesaler. They run about $35 each.

I replaced the rims, tires and used the same 42753-T6N-E03 TPMS. When first starting the car, there was a (!) in the cluster then within a minute and without having to touch a thing, the new sensors were in sync and reporting pressure from all four wheels.