• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ridiculously Low MPG, Whats going on!

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey Folks,
I Just picked up my Integra last Friday, Drove it 50% on highway and and 50% on Freeway. Technically, shouldnt I be getting at least 26 MPG? Nope. I been getting 13 MPG combined for a total of 28 miles driven since I bought it. Makes no sense. I been babying it in comfort mode. I never speed, just following speed limits. There is a lot of rain, and the road is wet, thats about it.... I am not even getting local MPG numbers. Is somethign wrong with my car? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Manual or CVT? There's a break-in period where you shouldn't really expect the full advertised MPG, but it also depends on some of your driving specifics.... how far you're driving per trip, how you're driving (ie spirited vs grandma), and when you're shifting (if you've got the 6MT).

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Does the car idle often? That will bring down your mpg estimate quicker than you may think.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
It won't make that much of a difference, but every little bit helps: Check your tire pressures.

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type R/23 Integra 6spd
Also,
If the trip has not been reset since you drove away from the dealership, you don't know if there were long periods of time the dealership had it idling and shuffling it around their parking lot. This would cause the mpg to be really bad. If you only added 30 miles to the equation it would not be enough to start turning this around. Reset your trip computer and let the way you drive it reflect what is actually happening since taking ownership.

tgarbanzo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec
This was my experience as well. Only had 6 miles on the odometer when i purchased but the mpg average was thrown way off until i reset.
Also,
If the trip has not been reset since you drove away from the dealership, you don't know if there were long periods of time the dealership had it idling and shuffling it around their parking lot. This would cause the mpg to be really bad. If you only added 30 miles to the equation it would not be enough to start turning this around. Reset your trip computer and let the way you drive it reflect what is actually happening since taking ownership.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
28 miles is a very small sample size, too small to draw conclusions from.

Expect lower mileage for the first 600-1,000 miles due to parts breaking in.

After reaching 1,000 miles try monitoring each fill-up. If you're still very low over the course of the first 3 or 4 tanks that come after the 1,000 mile mark then it may be time for deeper investigation.

Personally, my Integra's mileage was disappointing for the first 2,000 miles, but has improved since. I'm at 9,700 miles now.

Fuelly.com is a great free site for tracking mileage. I used Excel spreadsheets for years, but have switched to Fuelly and strongly recommend it.

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey all thanks for the quick replies. i just wanted to add that other than not reseting my trip calculator I also have been turning on the car and idling at home for extended periods of time playing around with the settings and and trying to figure out te wireless carplay at home in my garage. The reason why I do this is because I just put on paint protection film and was asked to not drive the car especially since its raining right now in the cold weather and that I should keep the car dry as possible thus the idling. So i think that may be it. i must have idled it at home for at least 30-35 mins total. Imma try to reset it and go out again and report back, thanks folks!! Hope this will do the trick xD

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey all thanks for the quick replies. i just wanted to add that other than not reseting my trip calculator I also have been turning on the car and idling at home for extended periods of time playing around with the settings and and trying to figure out te wireless carplay at home in my garage. The reason why I do this is because I just put on paint protection film and was asked to not drive the car especially since its raining right now in the cold weather and that I should keep the car dry as possible thus the idling. So i think that may be it. i must have idled it at home for at least 30-35 mins total. Imma try to reset it and go out again and report back, thanks folks!! Hope this will do the trick xD
The idling will definitely kill the mileage. In the CVT you can turn everything on and play with your settings all you want without starting the engine by pressing the start button twice without your foot on the brake. Obviously, this will drain your battery a little, but just idling the car also drains it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Let us know your average mpg in the next 1k miles. Winter gas is also a negative. But the first few miles isn't enough to gauge anything.

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Let us know your average mpg in the next 1k miles. Winter gas is also a negative. But the first few miles isn't enough to gauge anything.
interesting, make sense though. Hoping rain stops and spring come quick!

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Hey Folks,
I Just picked up my Integra last Friday, Drove it 50% on highway and and 50% on Freeway. Technically, shouldnt I be getting at least 26 MPG? Nope. I been getting 13 MPG combined for a total of 28 miles driven since I bought it. Makes no sense. I been babying it in comfort mode. I never speed, just following speed limits. There is a lot of rain, and the road is wet, thats about it.... I am not even getting local MPG numbers. Is somethign wrong with my car? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
28 miles is too small to guage what your mpg is. Like others have said reset one of your trip meters and then wait until your next fill up and see what your numbers are. Whe I first got my car my mpg stated 12mpg with 8miles on. I never reset it and now have 4700 miles and avg mpg is 29.9. Winter gas I'm seeing an avg of 27-29.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have my A trip meter set to reset at every fill up. With a little over 2000 miles and about 2/3 through this tank, I'm at a few tenths over 35mpg. The B trip is set to manual reset.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I have discovered that my Integra's computer is a little optimistic with regards to the mileage it reports by about 3%.

I try to record the computer reported gas mileage for each tank when I fill up, which allows me to compare the computer calculated mileage to the actual mileage based on actual gallons used. While each tank can be off significantly due to variations at each gas pump, using a sample of a dozen tanks helps reduce that error.

The last time I checked my sample was around 2,000-3,000 miles and the computer's reported mileage in total was approximately 3% too high.