• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Faint metal squeal sound audible at low speeds while off accelerator

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
So.. i may be retarded, because i can't tell if i'm hearing a turbo sound or if i'm hearing some other mechanical sound. basically i recently noticed a very faint squealing sound while the car is moving forward at low speeds- it's VERY LOW, only noticeable while driving ~20 mph in first/second gear with music all the way down. The weird part is that i only hear it when i let off the accelerator and it stops when i press it again. that's why i said i wasn't sure if this was some vacuum noise or something related to the turbo; i admit this is the first car with a turbo that i've ever driven so i'm still not fully familiar with it.

it doesn't sound like it though, like it sounds like a "bad" sound- like a bearing is rusty/squeaky or something. actually it reminds me of the sound your wheel makes when a rock gets stuck between the rotor and that shield behind it, except when that happens it's very very loud and scary and isn't dependent on whether the accelerator is pressed or not. again this is a very quiet sound, it's hard to hear over just the normal driving sounds, and it gets drowned out as you pick up speed and continue driving.

i can try to record a video of it tomorrow while i'm driving around my neighborhood but i'm hoping you all just tell me i'm retarded because it's some other normal sound.

rody26

First Name
Rody
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S
I hear something similar, but to me it sounds like when brake pads are running low.