• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ridiculously Low MPG, Whats going on!

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
On a 220-mile road trip last year, I averaged 42 MPGs. It was about 90% highway. I have a 6MT Integra, and it was on Eibach Sportlines and OEM 18s at the time.

Most of the time, I get about 30 MPGs zipping around town in stop-and-go traffic.

31879326-4FD1-4332-A1D8-C783B336CD40.jpeg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Thanks for the data! I thought it was impossible too but they said they getting 39mpg. No idea how but maybe its incorrect? Anyway im still happy with 30-31 :)
It's possible, but dependent on the situation.

My current mpg is low because we just got a cold snap with precipitation that leaves me with an idling car while I clear it.

It may also have dropped a little bit since I figured out how to hit the choo choo noises when shifting in second and third gear every time. I'm a child at heart.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
After a week and a refill im getting roughly 30 to 31 mpg surprisingly bad! I though I would get 40 like most poeple. I been babying it driving like half free way and half local on a cvt with regular gas. Might try premium next time!
Definitely put in premium gas regardless of the mpg gains. I’ve never understood this from people. You spent $40k on a car but won’t spend an extra $2 a full up to not damage your engine???

That’s what? Like $10 more a month?

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Definitely put in premium gas regardless of the mpg gains. I’ve never understood this from people. You spent $40k on a car but won’t spend an extra $2 a full up to not damage your engine???

That’s what? Like $10 more a month?
I just bought a house so, I am just looking for the pennies on the ground at the moment xD But yeah I talked to my cousin, who has owned many cars. He basically had similar input. He did some math and told me the the extra MPG I get from premium will cover the cost of the extra gas at the pump. He basically said having premium will make the engine work less, and help you save gas and protect your car, so might as well. Thanks folks.

Another MPG update. I made some more runs yesterday and MPG is roughly at 32 right now.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
After my recent cel, which you can check out my findings in the issues section of the forum, I recent my trip and babies the car so far for 200 miles and my avg is 36.2 so not to shabby

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
After my recent cel, which you can check out my findings in the issues section of the forum, I recent my trip and babies the car so far for 200 miles and my avg is 36.2 so not to shabby
Have you verified with actually calculating or are you going off of the computer estimation?

What kind of driving do you do?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Have you verified with actually calculating or are you going off of the computer estimation?

What kind of driving do you do?
I usually do check but I haven't this time but my usual mpg on the trip is 30-31. Because of the check engine light I've been driving on comfort nomore than 3000k shifts

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Thought someone might enjoy this. My drive back from the dealership today. Rush hour traffic and I may have been driving a little on the aggressive side to get home more quickly. Light changed as I was taking the photo; sorry for the blurriness.

20230120_173319.jpg

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I get 40s when I drive to work and 37 when driving from Los Angeles to Las Vegas doing 80-85. Driving under 60 mph on a fairly flat surface will get over 40 mpg.
i see about the same in the Chicago area,

mpg.jpg

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
Just had my first fill up! The computer said the mpg was 28.8. However, from the amount of gas, and the miles, it was 27.4. It was a combo around town and highway driving...

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
OP here just reporting back been getting 30 to 31mpg 70 percent freeway and 30 percent local. Surprisingly low. Turned off idle off used premium and regular gas seems to make little to no diff and also slow acceleration and no spirited driving. Not too bad at least it wasnt 13 mpg xD

Last edited:

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
OP here just reporting back been getting 30 to 31mpg 70 percent freeway and 30 percent local. Surprisingly low. Turned off idle off used premium and regular gas seems to make little to no diff and also slow acceleration and no spirited driving. Not too bad at least it was 13 mpg xD
If you've been having colder weather like I have, expect lower mpgs. Mine dropped 2-3/gal with the below freezing temps we've had. These engines struggle to heat up below 40-50F. Above that, I'm out of the neighborhood and cruising. If not, we're still in warmup mode.

OP
OP
tyt2lynnin1

tyt2lynnin1

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
If you've been having colder weather like I have, expect lower mpgs. Mine dropped 2-3/gal with the below freezing temps we've had. These engines struggle to heat up below 40-50F. Above that, I'm out of the neighborhood and cruising. If not, we're still in warmup mode.
hmm nice to know. We are around 45-55ish here in cali. still just a bit under 1000 miles so far on my car. Hopefully it breaks in soon and will be a bit better XD

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I'm pretty sure CA uses "winter" gas, too. Winter gas gets worse mpg.