• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

[Solved] Low speed drivetrain rattles?

ChicagoShogun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Nice job diagnosing and fixing... at least a motor mount is farily straightforward to address.... despite the issues with your dealer/Honda. You've done the community a service!

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
Didn’t matter if cold or warm. The mount was broken enough to make noise all the time. Moderate accel/decel at low speed made the sound more apparent because it didn’t have to compete with road and wind noise.
Since dealership isn't helping and didn't want to even listen to any additional inputs, I am trying to find out if the noise you heard at an early stage(before it progressed) could be the same one my car makes? I know you got rid of the car and I thank you for any input. I already contacted Acura Client Relationship as my dealer being ignorant and doesn't seem interested in helping. I am going to test drive a Subaru today.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
Since dealership isn't helping and didn't want to even listen to any additional inputs, I am trying to find out if the noise you heard at an early stage(before it progressed) could be the same one my car makes? I know you got rid of the car and I thank you for any input. I already contacted Acura Client Relationship as my dealer being ignorant and doesn't seem interested in helping. I am going to test drive a Subaru today.
These things are impossible to reliably diagnose remotely, but the video you sent sounded similar to the noise that my car made due to the mount. It’s pretty easy to confirm for anyone with a wrench set and a way to safely get under the front end of the car. Worst case, checking that mount would be a cake walk for a decent independent mechanic.

Honda’s disinterest in helping people with problems like this is really disappointing. I’ve owned european cars and japanese cars, and while the euro makes definitely cost more to own and tend to have more issues (except for this Integra), those manufacturers tend to be very good at dealing with problems when they arise. I have a theory that Honda has built a client relations model around not having to deal with many issues. They’re used to being reliable, and I also think they don’t understand the customer expectations that come with selling a vehicle under a premium nameplate. So when they do have widespread problems they just don’t know how to react. Unfortunately, it looks to me like they’ve lost all control of supplier and assembly quality. I don't know if it’s due to penny pinching, covid hangover, or something else. Sad to see.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
These things are impossible to reliably diagnose remotely, but the video you sent sounded similar to the noise that my car made due to the mount. It’s pretty easy to confirm for anyone with a wrench set and a way to safely get under the front end of the car. Worst case, checking that mount would be a cake walk for a decent independent mechanic.

Honda’s disinterest in helping people with problems like this is really disappointing. I’ve owned european cars and japanese cars, and while the euro makes definitely cost more to own and tend to have more issues (except for this Integra), those manufacturers tend to be very good at dealing with problems when they arise. I have a theory that Honda has built a client relations model around not having to deal with many issues. They’re used to being reliable, and I also think they don’t understand the customer expectations that come with selling a vehicle under a premium nameplate. So when they do have widespread problems they just don’t know how to react. Unfortunately, it looks to me like they’ve lost all control of supplier and assembly quality. I don't know if it’s due to penny pinching, covid hangover, or something else. Sad to see.
I agree! I will give another Acura dealership a chance to fix passenger side armrest/windows switch gap and that the door armrest feels a bit flimsy than others. Also the issue with the torque mount(possibly). Couple of days ago, I had a loaner Integra and noticed that HUD was clear on it. Then today I remembered that I turned off HUD a few months ago from showing as it was kind of blurry, double/ghosting image. Example would be you have something on the screen such as speed, but it felt as if there are 2 of the same digits on top of each other but slightly offset. I tried to adjust height, brightness, clean the projection area, however didn't help. So hope that other Acura will be more helpful at least fixing some of the issues/annoyances. If they won't - I checked out Subaru Impreza RS today... We did some numbers and it seems losing ~$7k is a reality. :( Thanks Acura