• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

[Solved] Low speed drivetrain rattles?

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ‘23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
I sent the video and an explanation to my dealer and got a call back from the shop foreman and the service manager within an hour. It appears that they’re going to take care of this for me later in the week. Will report back.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A spec tech package 6 MT
I would agree with you, but I’m concerned about increased NVH making all of my other rattles worse. This car is borderline intolerable even with a relatively well isolated engine. Every time I trace the source of one rattle and fix whichever interior panel doesn’t fit properly, there’s another somewhere else.
The PRL mount NVH are minimal at most.

Your problem was clearly caused by a faulty OEM mount....what's to say that any replacement OEM mount won't fail in similar fashion?

Personally I'd rather put in an aftermarket so I wouldn't have to worry.

Tryptones

First Name
Rodel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Unless you're really sensitive, NVH with the PRL RMM is negligible.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your problem was clearly caused by a faulty OEM mount....what's to say that any replacement OEM mount won't fail in similar fashion?

Personally I'd rather put in an aftermarket so I wouldn't have to worry.
Valid. Hopefully I’ll have a good OEM mount by the weekend and can go from there.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hopefully I’ll have a good OEM mount by the weekend and can go from there.
Close but not quite there yet. I dropped the car at the dealer this morning. Service advisor just called to say that they “confirmed the issue.” Now they’re going to order the part so that I can bring the car back a third time to finally have it fixed. He estimated a week or two blaming the fact that “it’s such a new car.” I didn’t feel like arguing the point. It was the same deal when my window seal failed last year…3 visits and a couple of months to get it right in that case.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I haven't yet heard a peep out of the dealer about a replacement part, but that silicone spray has kept the noise down for the two weeks since I figured this out. It's so nice not having to listen to that. I realized that I had been unconsciously shifting weird in low gears because of it. I'm actually enjoying this car a little for the first time in a while.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The car is with Acura today to have the mount replaced. Fingers crossed that this is the end of the issue.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
How can I tell if mine is good? Can you show me a picture of where to look in the engine bay?

The really annoying rattle in my 23 6SP is the passenger front door. Any bass music and it buzzes and vibrates to no end.

I also get a bee sound at high RPM WOT 2nd gear, but it's not that bad

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How can I tell if mine is good? Can you show me a picture of where to look in the engine bay?
Did you watch the short video in post #9? With the car in the air and the engine tray removed it will become obvious. That mount is next to the exhaust.

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any update? I hope that a new RMM solved the problem.
Yeah, the RMM fixed this issue.

I got rid of the car last week, though. It also had the sticky steering problem for which the dealer said a replacement part wouldn’t be available until September. That plus the myriad other lingering build quality issues were slowly driving me insane. Honda can’t build a car properly and can’t complete warranty repairs within a reasonable time frame, even if safety related. I’m not interested in spending the next 5 years of my life chasing these issues for them. So I’m out.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Damn man, seems like you are having some bad luck. What will your next vehicle be now?

TopazM3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RAM 1500
Yeah, the RMM fixed this issue.

I got rid of the car last week, though. It also had the sticky steering problem for which the dealer said a replacement part wouldn’t be available until September. That plus the myriad other lingering build quality issues were slowly driving me insane. Honda can’t build a car properly and can’t complete warranty repairs within a reasonable time frame, even if safety related. I’m not interested in spending the next 5 years of my life chasing these issues for them. So I’m out.
sorry to hear about all of your troubles. GL with your next car.

Imperial

First Name
Slava
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Acura RL Tech; 2024 Integra ASpec Tech
I went to my dealership and presented them with a few issues such as passenger door/armrest and trim for the window switch had a gap between them. Also the same armrest, when pulled and pushed lightly may make a tapping noise. So these 2 issues service adviser told me that are within manufacturing tolerances. Another issue kind of sounds similar to this thread, but not to that extent. This issue they also dismissed saying technician drove it and hears wastegate actuator. I told him that technician probably was giving more gas than needed and was driving when vehicle was cold(need to be warm). I wanted to show my service advisor additional videos, but he wouldn't even want to hear/see them and just said "I have all the notes from my tech". Didn't really want to discuss or even ask me "what do you want us to do?". I told him that it is the time to change vehicle brands... and he knows that I owned 2003 TL, 2010 RL and this new Integra. Going to another Acura for a second opinion and would be calling Acura Customer Relations.

Question to the OP @Zircular - did you hear the crunching noise even when vehicle was cold or when warm after a drive?

OP
OP

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Question to the OP @Zircular - did you hear the crunching noise even when vehicle was cold or when warm after a drive?
Didn’t matter if cold or warm. The mount was broken enough to make noise all the time. Moderate accel/decel at low speed made the sound more apparent because it didn’t have to compete with road and wind noise.