• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S versus GR Corolla?

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Has anyone here cross shopped these two? I recently got a chance to test drive a GR Corolla Circuit Edition and I thought it was fantastic. I have also driven an ITS.

For a daily driver I think the ITS would be nicer (smoother, more refined, more room, etc.). But the GRolla was more raw and, dare I say it, seemed like it would be more fun on twisty roads in the mountains.

Dealership wanted ~$47,500 for the GRolla. Full MSRP, some dealer add-ons, plus ~$1500 ADM after talking for a while (they started at $3,500 ADM).

Thoughts?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Your not alone in this comparison. There's some comparisona on YouTube. Que is one who has both cars right now and lives in Michigan. Interior space being smaller is why I crossed the GR off my list among some other vehicles.
Check his channel out below.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGBHHsLjJg1bRSOqW2QdBg

OP
OP

bloominguez

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your not alone in this comparison. There's some comparisona on YouTube. Que is one who has both cars right now and lives in Michigan. Interior space being smaller is why I crossed the GR off my list among some other vehicles.
Check his channel out below.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEGBHHsLjJg1bRSOqW2QdBg
Yeah, I've seen a lot of videos, including that one.

This video was interesting, too:

CTR (not ITS) in that comparison but still relevant here, I think.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Dealers here in GA are adding crazy amount of ADMs for the GR Corolla. I saw one used with 500 miles and Core model for $46,000. I think MSRP is only $36,000.

I have an ITS and love it, but also eyeing a GR Corolla if it is at reasonable price. Just purchased a manual 2019 Subaru WRX for my son and it is also a fun car. Loving these manual vehicles and so sad how scarce they have become nowadays.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
It’s a 4” smaller wheelbase with a more peaky engine, less front heavy weight distribution- so it should be more fun, but is the difference enough to make up for the lack of refinement and practicality?

I’m praying for a second gen model with a more practical body style.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
Has anyone here cross shopped these two? I recently got a chance to test drive a GR Corolla Circuit Edition and I thought it was fantastic. I have also driven an ITS.

For a daily driver I think the ITS would be nicer (smoother, more refined, more room, etc.). But the GRolla was more raw and, dare I say it, seemed like it would be more fun on twisty roads in the mountains.

Dealership wanted ~$47,500 for the GRolla. Full MSRP, some dealer add-ons, plus ~$1500 ADM after talking for a while (they started at $3,500 ADM).

Thoughts?
I did and completely agree with your assessment.
I loved how raw the GRolla was but the interior space especially the cargo was a big letdown for me.

If Toyota launches one with this body. The ITS will be long gone.
1696937998467.png

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
I'm in a similar boat. I currently have a Type R, which I love, but am thinking about a change. This is the longest I've owned a car, but have the itch for something new. I have an opportunity to buy a GRC Circuit Edition (Blue Flame) or a ITS (Apex Blue). I have driven the ITS and found it, obviously, similar to the CTR. I like how more "adult" it is. I have not driven the GRC, so it's hard to compare. It appears to be a joy to drive. I miss AWD, which it would provide. The interior is a downer. Also, it doesn't come close to matching the CTR/ITS shifter/transmission. Decisions!

Pras63

First Name
Prashant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 STi (previous) - currently car-less)
I cross-shopped the GRC, Golf R and ITS in Canada. Ultimately the GRC (CE) was close to the same price as the ITS but much less refined, smaller and just didn't seem to be worth close to the same money.

What clinched it though was my wife and kids looking at both and saying it's not even close.

dockleryxk

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
The ITS is an absolute beast in the twisties. I think the GR would be hard pressed to keep up. Also, the k20 motor is tried and true.
Just my opinionated two cents

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Reviews have been really positive about the GRC's handling and AWD system. The complaints were about the interior and the cable shifting. One review said he grinded some gears and he had been driving stick for over 30 years. There are also complaints about the pedal distance, but there are aftermarket fixes for that.

The only major complaint I heard about the ITS was the seats do not bolster well. I'm not a big guy, so that does concern me a bit.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
ITS is the only one of these “hot hatch sport saloons” I thought I had a chance of selling to my wife and I was right!. Love this thing!