• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S versus GR Corolla?

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I sat in a GR corolla, it is really small and feels cheap on the inside compared to my ITS.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Si sedan (now 2023 Ford Focus ST-Line X)
It's a 3 cylinder.

That's why the engine sounds a little better than turbo 4s. But not as good as it should.

Toyota left some cards on the table, car should sound better and be a bit more exciting given what it is.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
That's why the engine sounds a little better than turbo 4s. But not as good as it should.

Toyota left some cards on the table, car should sound better and be a bit more exciting given what it is.
Huh?

Name another 3 cylinder that sounds good.

I'm not saying the ITS sounds great; it's passable as a sports car but that's not why I bought it. But when I think of inspiring automotive sound tracks, my mind does not instantly invoke glorious 3-bangers. Maybe there are examples beyond the US market I'm not aware of, so this isn't a rhetorical question... but I'm not optimistic.

In fact I'd argue the Audi 5-cylinder that journalists seem so enamored with isn't all that impressive, at least outside the car.

Back to why I think the GRC isn't a viable competitor to the ITS, it comes down to what it's composed of. Why should I be excited about this 3 cylinder Toyota when it appears to offer nothing more than what Subaru gave us with the STI for 20 years?

Some people like the GRC because it has "character", but that trick doesn't work on me. I'm wholly uninterested in the car, but I get the appeal... because I had an STI already.

The ITS (and by proxy CTR) offers driving dynamics and on-track capability that punch far above its weight class. The GRC is... more fun when it snows?

Hard pass.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Nice to have Choices, first one at MSRP, ITS, CTR or CE GR...I'll purchase....guess which one that will be...

Last edited:

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black

Thought this was a good video between the two.
I always like Joe’s content; might not be as in-depth and science-related at savagegeese, but I find him entertaining. He made an appearance on the Integra fb group, was cool to interact with him

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I always like Joe’s content; might not be as in-depth and science-related at savagegeese, but I find him entertaining. He made an appearance on the Integra fb group, was cool to interact with him
Burritos and Twinkies.

af3ll

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Yeah I watched a lot of his videos when deciding on the Integra. Big fan.

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
Yeah I watched a lot of his videos when deciding on the Integra. Big fan.
Was actually his video that randomly appeared on my Reddit feed that started it all

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
All the 3 cylinder motorcycles sound better than their 4 cylinder competitors. Try listening to a Daytona 675 and then a ZX6R or R6.
I'm not a bike guy at all and I actually think they're completely irrelevant to this conversation, but I'll play along because I didn't specify it had to be a car engine (but it was implied...).

I had an R6 once upon a time and I thought it sounded great screaming up to 11k+rpm. A friend of mine's Triumph (think it was a Daytona 675 actually) and another buddy's Ducati reminded me of a Subaru if I had to be honest.

edit: ok I went back and watched a vid of a Daytona and yeah it sounds good. I wouldn't say better though.

The Ducs still sound like Subarus.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Has anyone here cross shopped these two? I recently got a chance to test drive a GR Corolla Circuit Edition and I thought it was fantastic. I have also driven an ITS.

For a daily driver I think the ITS would be nicer (smoother, more refined, more room, etc.). But the GRolla was more raw and, dare I say it, seemed like it would be more fun on twisty roads in the mountains.

Dealership wanted ~$47,500 for the GRolla. Full MSRP, some dealer add-ons, plus ~$1500 ADM after talking for a while (they started at $3,500 ADM).

Thoughts?
Personally I dont get it, the GR corrolla is a good car, but so small, IMO.
If I could have two or three cars, then sure I might take a closer look, but I cant, so for me the integra does it all and pretty good too.
no car is perfect, but for the money, the ITS and what you get is great, plenty of space, a good daily and a fun car too.
the GR doesnt even have a center console or arm rest, lol.
If you love the track, and torque, all wheel drive, and you dont need this to be your only car then the GR might be good for you.
To me, for the money, I am not interested in it at all.
But we all have our opinions.