• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type-S at VIR for Car and Driver's Lightning Lap 2024

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Finally:

5+ seconds slower than the FL5 around VIR, however, FL5 was on sport cup 2's.

Looking forward to the subsequent videos braking down each car's performance. Stay tuned..

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
5+ seconds...idk if cups 2 alone is worth 5+ seconds...thats a lifetime in the track world...hmmmn interesting......

ghost13

First Name
Dev
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camry
With Cup2s, the ITS would be very close to the CTR's time. What surprised me was Lucid Air Sapphire. My god.....

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Some car's are just unbelievable. I was actually at VIR when Lucid rented the whole facility for the day. They were running a CT5-V Blackwing and a BMW M5 to get benchmarks for their track tuning.

That Sapphire was like an airplane running down the back straight. The sound was just unbelievable. just wind noise, almost silent otherwise. Crazy!

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
It also sounds like they did not bother to do the pedal dance and turn traction control all the way off.

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI
It's a bit slower than expected, even with OEM tires.

Looking through previous years' results, the DE5 turned in a nearly identical time as the 2022 Golf R.

1000034810.jpg

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
It also sounds like they did not bother to do the pedal dance and turn traction control all the way off.
They did, the article even mentioned it specifically.

"The absence of a track mode for the stability-control system was unfortunate, but the internet revealed a "pedal dance" that allowed us to turn it off entirely."

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
They did, the article even mentioned it specifically.

"The absence of a track mode for the stability-control system was unfortunate, but the internet revealed a "pedal dance" that allowed us to turn it off entirely."
Oh gotcha, I was merely going off of the information from the video.

OP
OP
StingertimeNC

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm sure it would be less than 1 second between the two cars with the same tires, same driver, same conditions. At least now I have a real number in my head, plus actual speeds/lines at various points on the track. I will be on OEM tires for the next trip so this is really helpful.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Honestly, I was expecting better times than the FK8.
The difference is negligeable, less than half a second on 3 minutes. I mean more favorable weather conditions, the driver in a better groove, and the old version is 100lbs lighter, it makes sense there's a possibility it was "faster".

What I want to know, is the FK8/FL5/DE5 are lapping faster than cars double their price from 10 years ago. I think it would be an amazing premise to bring back a bunch of these cars and put them on fresh PS4S tires and see how much the tire technology has factored into lap time improvement.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
If my goal was to set fast lap times, I wouldn't be looking at an ITS. Especially a track like VIR that allows big power to make up for a lot.

The fact that it holds up to track use, and is fun and approachable is what's appealing to me for track capabilities. I'm not trying to get point-bys from GT3s.

ITSDAD

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Obviously the ideal comparison would be same day, same driver, same temps etc.
There's a ton of variance between each vehicles recorded times here, past and present, C&D don't run the same driver in each car correct?

Everyone alludes to the tires, but out of genuine curiosity, as I don't track, would adding a spoiler to the ITS, generating equivalent downforce to the ones on the FK8 or FL5, have affected those lap times?

Last edited: