• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Let's talk air intakes!

PRL HVI
whats-new-fl5-type-r-high-volume-intake-development-part-2-901664_1280x.jpg

Power Gains: 13 hp and 10 ft/lbs *

INFO:
https://prlmotorsports.com/blogs/news/whats-new-fl5-type-r-high-volume-intake-development-part-2

PRICE est. $459

ARMASPEED Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-FL5-ARMASPEED-Carbon-Fiber-1200x800.jpg

Power Gains: ?

INFO:
https://www.armaspeed.com/product/honda-civic-type-r-fl5-armaspeed-carbon-fiber-cold-air-intake/

Price: $800

Eventuri

53510451283_d92e1bdfbe_k.jpg

Power Gains: 14hp, 15ft-lb *

INFO:
https://www.eventuri.net/products/honda-civic-fl5-type-r/

PRICE: $1,650 (Intake box only)

PIPERCROSS
pipercross.png

Power Gains: 10hp, 20lb/ft *

INFO:
https://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/products/pipercross-car-induction-kit-pk444

PRICE: $350

GruppeM
fr_0529_IMG_6686_1000x.jpg

INFO:
https://jp.gruppemdirect.com/en-us/products/honda_civic_type-r-fl5-fr-0529

PRICE: $1,800

RAMAIR
JSK-300-BK_960x_crop_center.png

INFO:
https://www.dream-automotive.com/pr...on-kit-honda-civic-type-r-fl5-2-0t-k20c1-2023

PRICE: $285

Acuity
Screenshot_20240208-044708.png

INFO:

Power Gains: Relocates intake away from turbo.

PRICE: ?

ARMASPEED
HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-FL5-ARMASPEED-Carbon-Fiber-1200x800.jpg

Power Gains: ?? Sound: 100%

INFO:
https://www.armaspeed.com/product/honda-civic-type-r-fl5-armaspeed-carbon-fiber-cold-air-intake/

PRICE: $800

Let me know what else I should add and if there are other brands.

* All gains take with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Might want to asterisk the power figures as they don't seem to be consistent between manufacturers. Like the PRL is on a heavily modified car, Eventuri is stock, but calculated at the crank, etc...

I think Dream has dyno plots for the Pipercross and Ramair also. Sadly no Gruppe M or PRL as they seem to be the closest to a true head to head on the same dyno. Just wish they used WHP instead of crank.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Might want to asterisk the power figures as they don't seem to be consistent between manufacturers. Like the PRL is on a heavily modified car, Eventuri is stock, but calculated at the crank, etc...

I think Dream has dyno plots for the Pipercross and Ramair also. Sadly no Gruppe M or PRL as they seem to be the closest to a true head to head on the same dyno. Just wish they used WHP instead of crank.
Goes without saying. I mean we're talking minimal gains which could vary from Dyno pulls or swings in temp.

ForeverCar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S and some others.
With torque target as the primary control strategy, I don’t really understand the theory behind how modifications without corresponding ECU changes would yield consistent power gain over time.

Does anyone know how it works?

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Acuity has one coming, although it's pretty far out. I think this will be my choice. They have a history of good products / support, and from what we can see so far, this solution avoids routing over the turbo (and the IATs that come with).

IMG_3423.png

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
With torque target as the primary control strategy, I don’t really understand the theory behind how modifications without corresponding ECU changes would yield consistent power gain over time.

Does anyone know how it works?
I have very little knowledge on tuning but I believe the theory is that if there is a restriction that’s preventing the ECU from hitting the target, you should get more power by removing the restriction. However, I have my doubts that the stock intake is restricting anything until you get to power levels much higher than stock. I think it really boils down to the sound and cred- both of which are legitimate reasons.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Can any one tell with one the louds ?

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can any one tell with one the louds ?
Ramair and pipercross are probably the loudest since they don't have an air box. Downside is potential for reduced power sucking in hot air.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does anyone know how/where the PRL intake secondary feed is routed? The GruppeM requires removing a portion of the bumper to install, something to think about for those that are going to do the PRL charge pipes also, might want to do both at the same time.

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Does anyone know how/where the PRL intake secondary feed is routed? The GruppeM requires removing a portion of the bumper to install, something to think about for those that are going to do the PRL charge pipes also, might want to do both at the same time.
I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶e̶s̶s̶a̶r̶y̶.̶

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I thought they reversed on that saying the secondary intake wasn't necessary.
Are you thinking of the 1.5T maybe? Looks like they removed it from there, but the latest I have heard from Derek/TSP is that it still has the secondary feed which is likely required for 450whp+. It's the one thing preventing me from spending far too much on the Eventuri so I hope it's still there!

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Are you thinking of the 1.5T maybe? Looks like they removed it from there, but the latest I have heard from Derek/TSP is that it still has the secondary feed which is likely required for 450whp+. It's the one thing preventing me from spending far too much on the Eventuri so I hope it's still there!
Your correct. Their first post mentioned a similar build to the FK8 version. I wonder if this aux inlet will work for our vehicles.

bdisco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘24 ITS, ‘21 Bronco, ‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘88 911
Damn that GruppeM is too pretty to cover with a closed hood.
Would installing an intake throw a cel? Coming from the Subaru camp, they did not like a CAI without a Cobb Access Port or some other tune.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Your correct. Their first post mentioned a similar build to the FK8 version. I wonder if this aux inlet will work for our vehicles.
We might both be right :) Apparently they changed it to an add on option for the 1.5T. Maybe the same for FL5?

Looks like it's pulling from the fender well, so should work on our car and no bumper removal, just wheel well.

Update: Confirmed, the scoop is included for the 2.0T, don't have to buy it sepeartely.

Last edited:

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Because I know a few of you already have the PRL TI inlet and are waiting on the HVI. The new HVI compatible inlets are shipping. I just ordered one from TSP. So you might want to reach out to PRL to see about getting the adapter. I asked PRL how to order it and they didn't really answer me. They did confirm the scoop is included in the 2.0T intake and should go in the same place as per above, and will work on DE5 as well. Again, ship date for the intake is Spring no real date, and no pre-orders yet. Fingers crossed we don't have to hole saw our brand new intake per above...