• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Well shoot. Still waiting. I ordered the minute it dropped too. Haha

OP
OP
Integra23

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well shoot. Still waiting. I ordered the minute it dropped too. Haha
I ordered mine a few days after it dropped. When PRL ran a discount.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I ordered mine a few days after it dropped. When PRL ran a discount.
I did use some TSP points with that on a couple other orders. I ordered the Wunderladen rear brake bushings & HR detent springs yesterday. So far this past month I’ve gotten about $90 off total in points. Hundreds off altogether though. Which helps when you’re this deep into the car. 😆

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
There's a thread on here showing HPS charge pipes and PRL intercooler are netting ~15+ hp on stock tune. I'm not impressed by PRL charge pipes... too much silicone. Yea, it's better than rubber, but I'd prefer something solid. HPS looks better to the eye.

Edit: here: https://www.integraforums.com/forum/threads/no-tune-power-adder-hps-charge-pipes-installed.51923/
But you need the intercooler too, right? That's a lot of work and money for 15 HP. I get it though, I did it all on my previous car, just for the fun of it. $14k+ in mods. It was fun!! Then I had to have the ITS. LOL.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
Eventuri intake and inlet pipe installed. Really nice quality. Mic mounted in engine bay.

IMG_6906.jpeg

This sounds great (and definitely one of the better-looking intakes, IMO) but seems like the loudest intake I've heard. I know that videos are hard to tell actual volume, though. I assume this was recorded with windows open? Is the volume exaggerated in the video?

Edit: just saw that mic was mounted in engine bay... 🤦‍♂️ Is it significantly louder in the cabin?

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
This sounds great (and definitely one of the better-looking intakes, IMO) but seems like the loudest intake I've heard. I know that videos are hard to tell actual volume, though. I assume this was recorded with windows open? Is the volume exaggerated in the video?

Edit: just saw that mic was mounted in engine bay... 🤦‍♂️ Is it significantly louder in the cabin?
Being that the filter is enclosed , it will not be the loudest intake. One with a open top like the pipecross or armaspeed will be louder .

chuuey

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra, '02 GT2, '01 Land Cruiser, '98 M3

With the windows closed it is not all that noticeable. Windows open you get some nice but not overbearing turbo and blow off sound. It is really nice overall. Especially as I plan on keeping the exhaust stock.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
Thanks all. I'm shopping for an intake (and maybe exhaust) that provides a bit more volume but not too obnoxious. I want some more silly noises to satisfy my inner teenager, but I made my last car too loud and I'm a bit gun-shy...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Thanks all. I'm shopping for an intake (and maybe exhaust) that provides a bit more volume but not too obnoxious. I want some more silly noises to satisfy my inner teenager, but I made my last car too loud and I'm a bit gun-shy...
Now I'm curious what you did to your last car...

I've had some pretty good luck with not overdoing it with my past cars. I had a 2015 STI with a Cobb turbo-back and intake and that was pretty much perfection in my book when it comes to aftermarket exhaust. Just the right amount of volume without being a putz and pissing off everyone while thinking I'm cool.

Then I had a series of Porsches, the best being a 981 GTS with the OEM sports exhaust. Again, near-perfection. No need for aftermarket at all- but the rest of Porsches I've had (with the interesting exception of my Macan GTS...) all could have used aftermarket exhausts but they were overwhelmingly expensive- AND some of them could easily fall into "overkill" territory. The Dundon "crack pipe" comes to mind...

As for the ITS, I think the sound of the Armaspeed is really enticing, I'm just drawn to the aesthetics of the Eventuri and Gruppe M. Which I'm now realizing is actually pretty dumb... but I don't think an intake would fall into the realm of "obnoxious" for these cars... and yes the vid of the Eventuri is in the engine bay so it is definitely obnoxious but wouldn't sound like that IRL.

For exhaust, I think right now our choices are excessively limited. Unless you want to do probably not a small amount of fabrication (i.e., welding), we pretty much just have the MBRP, right? Which in vids sounds pretty good! I'm just not convinced it isn't too much on the quiet side, so I'm trying to wait for more options. I really wish Kline would opt to make an exhaust for our cars, but I don't think the ITS is "exotic" enough to get their attention... they tend to charge upwards of $10k for a full Inconel system and I'm not so sure they'd have much of a market for that with the ITS. Maybe Akrapovic or one of the JDM brands will grace us with their R&D efforts, otherwise I may just pick up an MBRP at some point in the not-so-distant future...

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner

I've had some pretty good luck with not overdoing it with my past cars. I had a 2015 STI with a Cobb turbo-back and intake and that was pretty much perfection in my book when it comes to aftermarket exhaust. Just the right amount of volume without being a putz and pissing off everyone while thinking I'm cool.

Then I had a series of Porsches, the best being a 981 GTS with the OEM sports exhaust. Again, near-perfection. No need for aftermarket at all- but the rest of Porsches I've had (with the interesting exception of my Macan GTS...) all could have used aftermarket exhausts but they were overwhelmingly expensive- AND some of them could easily fall into "overkill" territory. The Dundon "crack pipe" comes to mind...

As for the ITS, I think the sound of the Armaspeed is really enticing, I'm just drawn to the aesthetics of the Eventuri and Gruppe M. Which I'm now realizing is actually pretty dumb... but I don't think an intake would fall into the realm of "obnoxious" for these cars... and yes the vid of the Eventuri is in the engine bay so it is definitely obnoxious but wouldn't sound like that IRL.

For exhaust, I think right now our choices are excessively limited. Unless you want to do probably not a small amount of fabrication (i.e., welding), we pretty much just have the MBRP, right? Which in vids sounds pretty good! I'm just not convinced it isn't too much on the quiet side, so I'm trying to wait for more options. I really wish Kline would opt to make an exhaust for our cars, but I don't think the ITS is "exotic" enough to get their attention... they tend to charge upwards of $10k for a full Inconel system and I'm not so sure they'd have much of a market for that with the ITS. Maybe Akrapovic or one of the JDM brands will grace us with their R&D efforts, otherwise I may just pick up an MBRP at some point in the not-so-distant future...
I have the armaspeed , it definitely adds really amazing induction sounds to the car but can be controlled and its mostly if you get on the gas , it also adds some , not allot of sound at higher rpm wide open throttle but not much. A cheaper option I think with similar results would be the pipe cross intake.

Scrodee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in LCM
I had a 2017 VW GTI that was pretty heavily modified. I miss it a little bit actually...
I had a custom exhaust (aka frankenstein combo of various brands and some garage welding, :p) Catless downpipe, put a cat in the forward section of the midpipe instead, hot enough to actually work but far enough away from turbo to reduce affect to flow. It sounded awesome and wasn't too loud outside the car but it was pretty loud in the cabin.

PRDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
I briefly installed a Ramair intake, I wasn’t happy with the fitment and the noise level was a little too fast too furious for me for a stock car. I’m happy to have the stock intake back on.