• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type-S Expansion tank failure.

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Had mine fail on me. Made a video about it that I'm sure some on here have already seen. The purpose of this post is to give peace of mind to the community. Honda just requested my old expansion tank back. They usually only do this if they see a trend in part failure. So with that being said, I'm pretty sure they know they have a problem on their hands and will likely issue some sort of remedy- be it a parts replacement with an updated part or some sort of warranty extension. My guess in this case is the former.

Last edited:

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Had mine fail on me. Made a video about it that I'm sure some on here have already seen. The purpose of this post is to give peace of mind to the community. Honda just requested my old expansion tank back. They usually only do this if they see a trend in part failure. So with that being said, I'm pretty sure they know they have a problem on their hands and will likely issue some sort of remedy- be it a parts replacement with an updated part or some sort of warranty extension. My guess in this case is the former.

I think this was a problem with the CTR’s as well, looks like an unfortunate few are having it in the ITS

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Watched your video yesterday and have seen this reported on a few FL5. I will need to keep an eye on mine.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Yeah I saw it on the tube... a quick fix...hopefully its a small # of bad tanks in circulation

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Did they give you an idea of how long you will be down? I know radium has a replacement already and one of the guys in the FB group chat is developing one that is an exact replica drop in metal tank.

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
Did they give you an idea of how long you will be down? I know radium has a replacement already and one of the guys in the FB group chat is developing one that is an exact replica drop in metal tank.
I really didn't have any downtime. Just waited a couple of days for the part to arrive. I drove around with it leaking and just kept an eye on the coolant level.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I really didn't have any downtime. Just waited a couple of days for the part to arrive. I drove around with it leaking and just kept an eye on the coolant level.
Good to know they aren't backordered, at least yet. Thanks for sharing with us.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
So was he forced to take the video down and now his ITS is for sale...strange things

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Build Thread
Link
So was he forced to take the video down and now his ITS is for sale...strange things
It is what it is. If I can't have fun with the car that I own, do what I want with it and more importantly post what I want to post about it all while other YouTubers post similar stuff... that kind of leaves me bitter about the entire vehicle purchase.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
It is what it is. If I can't have fun with the car that I own, do what I want with it and more importantly post what I want to post about it all while other YouTubers post similar stuff... that kind of leaves me bitter about the entire vehicle purchase.
So...since you are an employee of Acura you are bound to say nothing...that is quite interesting from Acura. Not surprising in this corporate world.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hey, did a quick search and didn't see it come up readily, dow anyone have the part number for the coolant reservoir? I may order one and just keep it on hand just in case!