• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How do I get RH side of dash to display info when VSA is off?

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
03 S2000 original owner, 24 ITS ABP/Ebony
When I turn VSA off completely (via pedal dance) the "Driver Information Interface" (on the right hand side, inside the speedo) shows only "VSA" in the lower left. If I roll the right hand selector on the steering wheel I can get other info to display (e.g. tire pressures) but it only stays that way for about 5 seconds and then goes back to just showing "VSA" again. Am I missing something? Is there a workaround?

ender_ong

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Ridgeline RTLE white/black, 24 DE5 white/black
No workaround, in my experience. Pedal dance activates service mode for VSA, which I assume the car treats like a warning, so no full-time access to the other gauges. Happens to me too, I can only briefly check on tire pressures while on track after pedal dance by one-click roll

OP
OP
kjechel

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No workaround, in my experience. Pedal dance activates service mode for VSA, which I assume the car treats like a warning, so no full-time access to the other gauges. Happens to me too, I can only briefly check on tire pressures while on track after pedal dance by one-click roll
Thanks for the quick reply. That's a bummer.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Yep I noticed this pretty quickly too. It is an oversight IMO, especially because many of us likely disable VSA for drives on the street as well as the track. It would be nice it didn't also disable half of the driver dash interface.

OP
OP
kjechel

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It would be great if someone could find a way to disable (or disconnect) just the outputs from the VSA module so it would think it was always on, but actually had no effect on throttle or brakes. Is that possible?

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
For those equipped w/ the button, doesn't this turn VSA off w/o the pedal dance?
1708966433202.png

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For those equipped w/ the button, doesn't this turn VSA off w/o the pedal dance?
1708966433202.png
Negative. The way I understand it, this is literally just for "traction control"; i.e., you can get wheelspin by pushing this button, but the vehicle stability assists are still engaged.

As for technical differences, I don't have that info but it is a pretty obvious difference when it's turned off.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Lol, why does it suggest that it's off when in fact it's only reduced?

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
Lol, why does it suggest that it's off when in fact it's only reduced?
Old reference??? I mean there was a time not to long ago that button (on other Honda's/Acuras) removed all the nanny systems with exception to ABS.

It does clearly say on screen "reduced".

That's one thing I'll definitely give BMW and other manufacturers. They have multiple levels of traction control reduction up to and including completely off.

This is technically a software fix, so anything is possible but they'd improve this car so much if they made it so that when you're stopped, if you hold the parking brake and the TCS button simultaneously it goes completely off without the VSA warning.

OP
OP
kjechel

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer if VSA was never on, so I'd like to fool the system in a way that it thinks it's on but does nothing. Maybe this will be my own personal crusade, but I'd like to know more about how it works - what inputs to it and what do its outputs do? If it only engages when yaw angle exceeds a certain threshold, maybe the yaw sensor's output can be "fixed" with a resistor or something so it always reports zero yaw angle. If anyone knows more about this, please educate me.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
I think it is way, way more integrated and complex than just fooling an input...

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think it is way, way more integrated and complex than just fooling an input...
^This.

I too have long considered attempting to take the deep dive of reverse engineering automotive computing systems, but never really even got started. But from what I know from a non-trivial amount of time I've spent in my actual career doing things like systems and application-level penetration testing, much or all of the inner workings of these kinds of things is not public knowledge, for a variety of reasons. So you need a way to intercept inputs and/or outputs (to include errors), and then you have to know how to decipher what they mean, and then finally how to alter them to achieve your desired results. Then you'd need to create a method to automate all of these things, and possibly a nice user interface to tie it all together!

Unless you're ready to commit to a "second job" level of effort, may want to put things like this on the "nice to have" list.

Or, if this sounds like fun to you, then maybe you're the man for the job lol.

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
It's all computer now. All the peripherals "talk" to the computer mostly on network or on input/output basis. Then it's all code inside the computer.

It was so cool back in the days (not so far away!) when there was just switches that would make things turn on or off. Way easier to tweak it.

OP
OP
kjechel

kjechel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
they'd improve this car so much if they made it so that when you're stopped, if you hold the parking brake and the TCS button simultaneously it goes completely off without the VSA warning.
It should be possible to make a device that emulates the pedal dance, similar to the way the Acura IDS Controller activates Individual mode on start up. It would only need to connect to the parking brake switch, the brake pedal (brake light) switch and the TCS/VSA button. It could be activated (in theory) with a single push of a button, but the VSA warning would still be displayed. I don't have the skills to make such a device, but I'll bet someone does. How would I find that person or company?