• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Side Mirror Reverse Auto Tilt Install

OP
OP
akoza

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Useless logo projector gang 🤝
Thanks for checking, guys. I'm happy that I at least have some closure now, but sad that I'm wrong and still need to keep looking to figure out how to add the memory seat controls.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
Assuming those are plug and play, I don't see why it wouldn't work. All the wires pass on through directly to the mirror harness except the 3 tilt adjustment wires, which go through the controller.
Fitment-wise, you can probably test to make sure everything clears by manually lowering your mirror all the way down.
Yes, the Suma mirrors are plug and play. A huge PITA to snap in, though.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I just used two female-female wires I had laying around and popped them onto the male pins and the wires from the Mikstore connector, and wrapped all the connections with electrical tape.
If you don't mind, what kind of female-female wire did you use? I want to try this :p

OP
OP
akoza

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
@akoza
Did your kit look like this? Seems all 14 pins are used? I wonder if my kit is different.

20240309_032923.jpg

20240309_032936.jpg
Oh cool, they must have updated it! They are constantly making updates to their products - if you've been following the power folding mirror threads, they started off with a barebones kit that requires you to take apart the entire mirror assembly, and not they have a plug and play kit which ties into your car's infotainment settings.

The black wires are just signal pass-throughs and it should just work out of the box for you without having to de-pin anything (assuming the 3 wires going to the controller on each side are in the right spot). If your car has fewer pins, the extra wiring doesn't hurt anything.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Just finished the install! The new kit is plug and play. I did this on top of the auto-folding mirror as well. For the tiny controller, I also did what @akoza did and tapped off the reverse (green) and ground (black) of the existing mirror connector. Setting it up is a bit weird since controls are disabled during reverse. I did some kind of weird double tap to finally set it up. Seems like the controller remembers how much to reverse, not the exact position. So this is dependent on where the initial position of the mirror is.

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
Just finished the install! The new kit is plug and play. I did this on top of the auto-folding mirror as well. For the tiny controller, I also did what @akoza did and tapped off the reverse (green) and ground (black) of the existing mirror connector. Setting it up is a bit weird since controls are disabled during reverse. I did some kind of weird double tap to finally set it up. Seems like the controller remembers how much to reverse, not the exact position. So this is dependent on where the initial position of the mirror is.
I guess it's my turn to you ask you questions lol.. I might considered doing this in the future but maybe down the line.

1) I assume when you said plug n play, you didn't have to do any of the depinning and repinning like mention on the initial post?
2) For the Tiny Controller I assume you tapped in the rear view auto dim mirror?
3) Is there a way to turn off the auto-tilt? I driven some cars where I just flick the (L/R) mirror control the opposite direction to disable it.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
I guess it's my turn to you ask you questions lol.. I might considered doing this in the future but maybe down the line.

1) I assume when you said plug n play, you didn't have to do any of the depinning and repinning like mention on the initial post?
2) For the Tiny Controller I assume you tapped in the rear view auto dim mirror?
3) Is there a way to turn off the auto-tilt? I driven some cars where I just flick the (L/R) mirror control the opposite direction to disable it.
1. Yes, no depin/repin!
2. Yes
3. You know, that's a good question. I haven't tried. I'll ask mikstore about this.

OP
OP
akoza

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S

There isn't currently a way to turn it off. The controller we put up by the mirror just has 2 wires (+12V and Ground). What you could potentially do is wire a switch up there inline with one of the wires going to that controller. You'd need to drill a hole for that switch and there'd have to be enough room to close everything up. I was thinking about how I could possibly get something further down to the left of the steering wheel (maybe next to the VSA switch?) but didn't feel like taking the A-pillar trim off again. But in theory it's certainly doable.

DukeFrisbee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Shelby GT350, VW Golf R, Jeep 4xE
I assume you guys are getting the kit on the MIKSTORE for the CIVIC 22-24?

OP
OP
akoza

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Is there a way to turn off the auto-tilt? I driven some cars where I just flick the (L/R) mirror control the opposite direction to disable it.
There isn't currently a way to turn it off. The controller we put up by the mirror just has 2 wires (+12V and Ground). What you could potentially do is wire a switch up there inline with one of the wires going to that controller. You'd need to drill a hole for that switch and there'd have to be enough room to close everything up. I was thinking about how I could possibly get something further down to the left of the steering wheel (maybe next to the VSA switch?) but didn't feel like taking the A-pillar trim off again. But in theory it's certainly doable.
I decided to finally go ahead and wire up a switch to disable the reverse tilt. I ended up drilling a 12mm (smallest I could find) latching push-button switch in the blank next to the VSA switch. There is very little room to work with in there and I needed to grind down some of the plastic inside the housing behind the blank in order to get the switch to fit. I took 2 lengths of 22-gauge wire and wrapped them in fabric tape to make a harness and ran it up the A-pillar (being sure to ziptie it above and out of the way of the airbag) and across the headliner and wired it inline with the red wire coming from the Mikstore controller. I added a small connector behind the switch for easily disconnecting the switch when I inevitably need to remove the panel again.

I had to split the video into two because the file size was too large.

IMG_3686.jpg

Last edited:

mugendc4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5
I decided to finally go ahead and wire up a switch to disable the reverse tilt. I ended up drilling a 12mm (smallest I could find) latching push-button switch in the blank next to the VSA switch. There is very little room to work with in there and I needed to grind down some of the plastic inside the housing behind the blank in order to get the switch to fit. I took 2 lengths of 22-gauge wire and wrapped them in fabric tape to make a harness and ran it up the A-pillar (being sure to ziptie it above and out of the way of the airbag) and across the headliner and wired it inline with the red wire coming from the Mikstore controller. I added a small connector behind the switch for easily disconnecting the switch when I inevitably need to remove the panel again.

I had to split the video into two because the file size was too large.
NICE! I was actually thinking about looking for an OEM button switch style that fits in the blank spot but haven't really spent some time on it yet. I was hoping there was room behind the button to hide the module there and just run 1 wire to the 12v in the mirror and find a different ground but guess that won't work since there isn't any room.

OP
OP
akoza

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
NICE! I was actually thinking about looking for an OEM button switch style that fits in the blank spot but haven't really spent some time on it yet. I was hoping there was room behind the button to hide the module there and just run 1 wire to the 12v in the mirror and find a different ground but guess that won't work since there isn't any room.
I somehow missed your post until now. When I say there's "no room", I mean there isn't much room in the little assembly that holds the VSA button and the blank. That assembly clips into the larger panel That covers your fuse box. There is plenty of room to stick the module behind that panel. You can certainly do that and run the single wire to the Reverse signal up in the mirror (or better yet find a closer point to tap into the reverse signal so you don't have to take apart the A-pillar trim).