• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official Integra Type S waiting room

OP
OP

ttcbj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Rav4, 2022 Boxster GTS 4.
Too much Internet scrolling scared me away from buying at this time. I have been reading that some people are having issues with the car (sticky steering, coolant tank failures, mystery rattles), so I decided to wait it out and see if Honda/Acura gets that stuff sorted out first.
I am really perplexed as to what manufacturers in general, and Honda/Acura in particular, are doing with production/delivery. I also ended up cancelling my deposit. Partly because I just got tired of waiting. Partly because the 2024 GR86/BRZ now has automatic emergency braking in the manual (a requirement for my wife). Partly because I realized that the rear headrests aren't adjustable (which I hate, because I know someone who was paralyzed from the neck down in a minor rear-end collision due to a headrest that was too low).

But, I would have happily bought that car anytime in the first 4 months I was waiting for it. And once I had it, I am sure I would have enjoyed it.

Even when I bought my Porsche, the period of actual limbo was pretty short (4-6 weeks). After that I had an allocation, lock and build date. I waited ~8 months, but I knew when the car would arrive most of that time.

Anyway, I am perplexed by the failure to build cars. Especially this car, because its fundamentally a honda civic (base MSRP $23,950). It is baffling to me that the CTR/ITS aren't high-margin products that they want to build/sell.

Anyway, I moved on as well. Maybe someday I will pick up an ITS or CTR used, we will see.

Brittania

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Toyota Camry
I am really perplexed as to what manufacturers in general, and Honda/Acura in particular, are doing with production/delivery. I also ended up cancelling my deposit. Partly because I just got tired of waiting. Partly because the 2024 GR86/BRZ now has automatic emergency braking in the manual (a requirement for my wife). Partly because I realized that the rear headrests aren't adjustable (which I hate, because I know someone who was paralyzed from the neck down in a minor rear-end collision due to a headrest that was too low).

But, I would have happily bought that car anytime in the first 4 months I was waiting for it. And once I had it, I am sure I would have enjoyed it.

Even when I bought my Porsche, the period of actual limbo was pretty short (4-6 weeks). After that I had an allocation, lock and build date. I waited ~8 months, but I knew when the car would arrive most of that time.

Anyway, I am perplexed by the failure to build cars. Especially this car, because its fundamentally a honda civic (base MSRP $23,950). It is baffling to me that the CTR/ITS aren't high-margin products that they want to build/sell.

Anyway, I moved on as well. Maybe someday I will pick up an ITS or CTR used, we will see.
2nd half of 2024 and into 2025 will be great for low mileage used sports car deals. US economy is already in recession if you exclude Healthcare and government spending and only trending down. Rest of the world looking even worse.

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
2nd half of 2024 and into 2025 will be great for low mileage used sports car deals. US economy is already in recession if you exclude Healthcare and government spending and only trending down. Rest of the world looking even worse.
I don't want to derail the conversation too much and I must preface it with I'm not a financial analyst, just another internet person you may want to ignore but there are two general possibilities in my view.

1) Everything crashes, prices correct downwards and deals will be plentiful if you have cash in hand.
2) (I think more likely) They try to kick the can further down the road, not like they haven't since 2008, by printing a ton of money (Quantitative Easing) to "save everyone". There might be a lag period but in this scenario prices skyrocket and what is now $10 will be $15 or $20 but instead of decades. In this scenario you want to have debt (that you can manage if it doesn't come to pass) because it will be inflated away for a tax free gain.

Back on topic, I don't blame those who took a wait and see approach. I too am sometimes wondering if I made the right decision getting mine right away. I knew it was the first model year for the DE5 but the FL5 has already been out for a year and even then, most of that is based on the FK8 so I saw it as mostly "tried and true" components in a reworked package.

Any manufacturer will have some issues given the complexity of cars with all the sub-suppliers these days but I'm waiting to see how widespread they are and more importantly how they are rectified. At the moment I just chalk it up to it being artificially aggrandized because problems are usually brought up at least at a 10:1 ratio to people just happy living with theirs.

Let's see...

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
I too at times think should i have waited? Then I go for a rip and remember why Im glad I didn’t🤪. Sure my passenger side seatbelt rattled some times, drives me little nuts. But It’s worth it when you go down a “b” road with windows down all those not welcome noises just disappear….

honestly I haven’t been in many new cars made in the past 5 years that don’t have some kinda rattles squeaks or some other kinda issues. Just the way the world is now.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It is a special car and you only live once. heck you could be dead in a year. provided it's within your means, get one asap! So fun!

If you do get one, it will hold it's value pretty well I bet. Not appreciate or anything but not depreciate like standard civics/integras. Supply/demand.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I don't want to derail the conversation too much and I must preface it with I'm not a financial analyst, just another internet person you may want to ignore but there are two general possibilities in my view.

1) Everything crashes, prices correct downwards and deals will be plentiful if you have cash in hand.
2) (I think more likely) They try to kick the can further down the road, not like they haven't since 2008, by printing a ton of money (Quantitative Easing) to "save everyone". There might be a lag period but in this scenario prices skyrocket and what is now $10 will be $15 or $20 but instead of decades. In this scenario you want to have debt (that you can manage if it doesn't come to pass) because it will be inflated away for a tax free gain.

Back on topic, I don't blame those who took a wait and see approach. I too am sometimes wondering if I made the right decision getting mine right away. I knew it was the first model year for the DE5 but the FL5 has already been out for a year and even then, most of that is based on the FK8 so I saw it as mostly "tried and true" components in a reworked package.

Any manufacturer will have some issues given the complexity of cars with all the sub-suppliers these days but I'm waiting to see how widespread they are and more importantly how they are rectified. At the moment I just chalk it up to it being artificially aggrandized because problems are usually brought up at least at a 10:1 ratio to people just happy living with theirs.

Let's see...
two very awakened people. Rough times ahead with lots of big changes but also Opportunities coming to be had.

that said I don’t regret purchasing the ITS early. Love every moment with it, not the fastest straight line car but absolutely the most fun car I’ve ever had.

Reactions: RMA
OP
OP

ttcbj

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Rav4, 2022 Boxster GTS 4.
that said I don’t regret purchasing the ITS early. Love every moment with it, not the fastest straight line car but absolutely the most fun car I’ve ever had.
Just out of curiosity, what are you comparing it against?

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Just out of curiosity, what are you comparing it against?
Wasn't comparing it to anything in particular. That's the best way to enjoy.

I've had many acuras before this, including the oldschool 2000 integra. Driven S2k, bmw M3, M5, and teslas before; good cars but none enjoyable as the ITS

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Tiger Eye Pearl w/ ebony interior Type S available at MSRP in St Louis Missouri if anyone is looking! Contact Asheed Graves at St Louis Acura. Please let him know I sent ya!

Asheed Graves
+1 (314) 303-8926
[email protected]
Also 2 LCM/Red - 1 in transit to Mungenast St Louis & other in transit to Leta Acura for n same area.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
My allocation at my preferred dealership has come up much sooner than expected. The car is being manufactured in March with an ETA at the dealership of April. Just in time for spring.

MidwestDE5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra type s, 21 Audi A5, 15 GMC Sierra
Just got mine yesterday from the Chicago land area. The motoring obsession map was absolutely crucial in my painful search. So happy to have it home.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
2 White w/ black interior Type S & 1 black on black in stock at MSRP in St Louis Missouri if anyone is looking. Contact Asheed Graves at St Louis Acura. Please let him know I sent ya!

+1 (314) 303-8926
[email protected]

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
White/ebony @ Columbia Acura for MSRP ask for Brian. Hit me up for his contact info

CK716

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LSM
Is it just the winter downturn or something else that's causing so many to be sitting on lots? My local dealer who I'm on the waitlist with has had a Black/Red one in stock for a couple months. A few of the other dealers within a few hours of me, also selling at MSRP have them sitting on the lot.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
Is it just the winter downturn or something else that's causing so many to be sitting on lots? My local dealer who I'm on the waitlist with has had a Black/Red one in stock for a couple months. A few of the other dealers within a few hours of me, also selling at MSRP have them sitting on the lot.
The car market, both new and used, are slowing down. And I think the concern over inflation/recession and uncertainty due to the election have made people either wait or pull out of the market. I think it will soon be a good buyers market.