• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official Integra Type S waiting room

Murry101

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2014 GLI Autobahn
I contacted my local dealer in April after test driving a CTR in March and put my name on their wait list. I called them a couple of times throughout the summer to let them know I was still interested, didn't have a color preference (figured I'd be lucky to get one), and could wait until next year as I had a perfectly good car. Got a call in early October that they were allocated two more cars and I was next on the list. Had my choice between blue/black and white/red. Took delivery of car #001702 on November 7th. Paid MSRP and I love this car. Last time I bought a Honda product was my 2000 Civic Si.

Type-S.jpg

kvky

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in PWP
My wait is over! I had my name on the list at a few dealerships but thanks to some strategies I heard on this site, I kept watching the Acura website inventory and the motoringobsession site. I found one in the color combination I wanted headed to Columbia Acura in Cincinnati so I reached out to see if it was spoken for. I had not put a deposit down at this dealership before so I wasn't on their official list. To my surprise, they said there was only one person ahead of me looking for that color combination. They emailed me back later that day or the next and said that person had passed so it was mine if I wanted it. It took another week or so to get most of the accessories I wanted (CF spoiler, black badges and heated steering wheel - still waiting on copper wheels) and then picked it up last Saturday. What was pretty cool was that in the service bay, my car was sandwiched between an original NSX and another white ITS that were both in for service.
IMG_9023.JPG

Also pictured: the Accord Sport 6spd I traded in.
IMG_9027.JPG
IMG_9021.JPG

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
2 White w/ black interior Type S in stock at MSRP in St Louis, Missouri if anyone is looking. Contact Asheed Graves at St Louis Acura & please let him know I referred ya.

+1 (314) 303-8926
[email protected]

norsairius

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I've had my car for a few months now, but I thought I'd share to provide another data point for how someone may go about this and how long they may wait:
  • Q1/Q2 2023: Knew the ITS was coming, wasn't sure if I wanted it, but then the reviews came out and I was impressed at how they were almost universally positive. The Smoking Tire's YouTube video review really sold the car to me in particular. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it yet:
  • June 2023: Called up the sales rep at the dealership that I worked with to get my 2021 TLX lease and put down a deposit for Apex Blue w/Orchid interior. I was quoted 6 to 12 months, which lined up well enough with the end of my TLX lease. I was happy to wait and maybe see if other cars might've interested me in the meantime.
  • August 2023: Waited around a couple months, decided to call up the other Acura dealership in the area and see what the wait would be like if I put down a deposit with them. They estimated around 12 months. I went in and test drove their demo ITS with my brother and loved it. I decided to go ahead and put down a deposit that day since this dealership and the other I had a deposit at were from the same dealer group and the deposits were refundable. I was also quoted MSRP at both, in writing.
  • One week after my visit to the second Acura dealership with my brother: The sales rep I worked with called me and said an unexpected extra allocation was coming through: Liquid Carbon Metallic with black interior. I had told myself that I didn't want a car that was "some shade of pavement" again after having some before, but I wasn't picky about the ITS because I thought it looked good in all its colors. The touches of red here and there are really nice too. Anyway, surprisingly, no one ahead of me on the list wanted this car so I took it as fate that the car was for me so I claimed it.
  • September 2023: Picked up the car @ MSRP as agreed, got a good enough deal on the early lease termination for my TLX, no other BS with extra sales pitches for warranties, service packages, etc.

I think I got pretty lucky in how quickly I got my car, but if you're willing to search around and get your name on multiple lists (if it's practical to do so) while also being flexible on colors, then I think you may be able to get a car pretty quickly.

Good luck to all out there looking to get one of these! While I am biased, I believe the ITS really is a pretty special car. On paper, it may seem like a lot of money for what it is, especially when you consider what else is available at its price range. However, the way it feels is really amazing and is a strong selling point for those who value driving feel and responsiveness. I thought my BMWs (E92 328i and a E90 335i) were going to be the peaks for "driver's cars" that I'd own, but the ITS has surpassed them.

2015FB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Type R R-13973
My wait is over! I had my name on the list at a few dealerships but thanks to some strategies I heard on this site, I kept watching the Acura website inventory and the motoringobsession site. I found one in the color combination I wanted headed to Columbia Acura in Cincinnati so I reached out to see if it was spoken for. I had not put a deposit down at this dealership before so I wasn't on their official list. To my surprise, they said there was only one person ahead of me looking for that color combination. They emailed me back later that day or the next and said that person had passed so it was mine if I wanted it. It took another week or so to get most of the accessories I wanted (CF spoiler, black badges and heated steering wheel - still waiting on copper wheels) and then picked it up last Saturday. What was pretty cool was that in the service bay, my car was sandwiched between an original NSX and another white ITS that were both in for service.
IMG_9023.JPG

Also pictured: the Accord Sport 6spd I traded in.
IMG_9027.JPG
IMG_9021.JPG
Congrats! I was on this dealerships list but ended up buying elsewhere as the color I was looking for became available. Great dealership, easy to work with, and refunded my deposit immediately.

Question on the heated steering wheel. Does it have red stitching? If so, can you share the part number? I am up in Cleveland and would like this option but want to retain the red stitching if possible. Thanks!

kvky

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS in PWP
Congrats! I was on this dealerships list but ended up buying elsewhere as the color I was looking for became available. Great dealership, easy to work with, and refunded my deposit immediately.

Question on the heated steering wheel. Does it have red stitching? If so, can you share the part number? I am up in Cleveland and would like this option but want to retain the red stitching if possible. Thanks!
Sorry, I don't know the part number on the steering wheel. I just requested it as part of my deal and they installed it. I don't believe it has red stitching. I checked Acura's website and it's hard to tell but I don't think it does. I can chime back in after I look at it again in my car. For what it's worth, the heated steering wheel only gets warm. My wife's Telluride by comparison gets HOT. Like you need to turn it off after a few minutes, while in my ITS I can leave it on for the entire drive and it never gets too hot.
Also, the heated steering wheel is smooth and not perforated leather like the standard wheel.

Last edited:

wontondon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DE5, MK7 GTI

Canadian cars come standard with the heated steering wheel and it does have red stitching.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Tiger Eye Pearl w/ ebony interior Type S available at MSRP in St Louis Missouri if anyone is looking! Contact Asheed Graves at St Louis Acura. Please let him know I sent ya!

Asheed Graves
+1 (314) 303-8926
[email protected]

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
what's up in St. Louis. that's three cars available recently.

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
I got called up for an allocation at MSRP today at my preferred dealer. Only downside is that it's not in the color combo I want. They're offering white/red but I had to turn it down.

It's not a bad combo, it's just not my preferred combo. The wait continues...

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
what's up in St. Louis. that's three cars available recently.
St Louis Acura (Mungenast) just moves them quickly. Huge store, they said something like top 5 sales in the country. My dealer (Leta) only received 5 plus my preorder for 2023 but Mungenast has probably moved 20 or more if I had to take a wild guess for comparison. All the others I listed sold right away since they do business with out of state people, so as soon as someone backs out then someone swoops in and takes it within a week usually. Same with this TEP here, a customer changed their mind so it’s available now.

I have no affiliation, just like getting a small referral check lol

Q972

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TT
St Louis Acura (Mungenast) just moves them quickly. Huge store, they said something like top 5 sales in the country. My dealer (Leta) only received 5 plus my preorder for 2023 but Mungenast has probably moved 20 or more if I had to take a wild guess for comparison. All the others I listed sold right away since they do business with out of state people, so as soon as someone backs out then someone swoops in and takes it within a week usually. Same with this TEP here, a customer changed their mind so it’s available now.

I have no affiliation, just like getting a small referral check lol
Yeah I was that customer who changed their mind, lol.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango

Q972

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi TT
Why did you change your mind? Just curious.
Too much Internet scrolling scared me away from buying at this time. I have been reading that some people are having issues with the car (sticky steering, coolant tank failures, mystery rattles), so I decided to wait it out and see if Honda/Acura gets that stuff sorted out first.