• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New '24 Integra Type S Owner

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Just bought an ITS (Apex Blue + Orchid) and I'm so excited! This isn't the first car I've owned (I've had a '95 Civic EX, a '04 V6 Accord, a couple Jeeps lol, and currently have a '15 Si) but it's the first car that I've bought by myself with my own money.

I actually don't even have it yet- it was kind of a pain to get one, and I was able to finally find this one in a presidential dealership on the other side of the state from me, so they're putting on the accessories i bought and will be shipping it down to me on a truck within the next few days. I literally haven't been able to sleep all week because I'm so excited- i feel like a teenager impatiently waiting to get laid after a date lmao.

I originally wanted the TLX Type S but after watching many car reviews and whatnot I decided not to go with it for a few reasons (the weight, the horrid infotainment center, the hideous dash cluster, etc- and realized I wasn't ready for paddle shifters yet lol). Plus, at the price for the TTS i would rather get the m340ix. I still want it honestly lol it's a such an amazing car for its price. My goal for now is to pay off the ITS as fast as I can and then throw it in a garage, go get the m340ix (or m3c, etc) as my new daily driver and i'll sit on the ITS and wait to see what happens, as I suspect Honda is going to discontinue this and the CTR very soon and these will skyrocket in value (and even if they don't, i'll keep it anyway lol)

Uh but yeah, howdy everyone lol

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Welcome. Your going to love it! Plan on getting any mods?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
maybe? I would like to, but i'm a VERY risk-averse person, and i am terrified to do anything that will void the warranty (in fact i paid for one of the upgraded warranty packages). i've always been interested in something like a ECU tune but unless there's a way to completely hide it from the dealership or whoever else would potentially work on my car, i don't think i'll be able to justify it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
maybe? I would like to, but i'm a VERY risk-averse person, and i am terrified to do anything that will void the warranty (in fact i paid for one of the upgraded warranty packages). i've always been interested in something like a ECU tune but unless there's a way to completely hide it from the dealership or whoever else would potentially work on my car, i don't think i'll be able to justify it.
Feel free to read the Hondata thread. It will answer your questions on tuning, checkout out the Civic 11th gen forum as well.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Feel free to read the Hondata thread. It will answer your questions on tuning, checkout out the Civic 11th gen forum as well.
oh i did while i was waiting on my account approval lol i saw your posts there. i saw that it requires a jailbroken ECU, which is probably not going to work for me. I was following the Ktuner thread as well.

I'm very interested in the performance gain and features of the tune, but as i said, if the dealership can tell that you messed with your ECU, i can't swing it. In one of those threads (i think the hondata one) someone claimed that their dealership won't void their warranty if they tune their ECU and i was literally screaming at my screen that that's an outrageous lie.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
oh i did while i was waiting on my account approval lol i saw your posts there. i saw that it requires a jailbroken ECU, which is probably not going to work for me. I was following the Ktuner thread as well.

I'm very interested in the performance gain and features of the tune, but as i said, if the dealership can tell that you messed with your ECU, i can't swing it. In one of those threads (i think the hondata one) someone claimed that their dealership won't void their warranty if they tune their ECU and i was literally screaming at my screen that that's an outrageous lie.
Hondata I believe responded with their own insight. But I will let you come to your own conclusions.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Hondata I believe responded with their own insight. But I will let you come to your own conclusions.
no, they didn't lol. which makes sense, because they know. once my car and paperwork gets here i'll look through it to see if it specifically mentions it, and i can call the service manager from the dealership i bought my car from to see what he thinks about it, but i'm pretty sure i already know the answer.

i definitely hope i'm wrong as i'm very interested in hondata or ktuner but having to send someone the ECU to have it jailbroken is a bit ridiculous imo, i've never heard of cars previously needing that (though i've never been involved in the tuning world so i wouldn't know). my main concern is, if i have some sort of unexpected issue which forces me to get it serviced at the dealership, will they be able to see that the ECU has been "jailbroken" or otherwise had its tune mapping changed? i'm assuming that they can with whatever their diagnostic tool is.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
no, they didn't lol. which makes sense, because they know. once my car and paperwork gets here i'll look through it to see if it specifically mentions it, and i can call the service manager from the dealership i bought my car from to see what he thinks about it, but i'm pretty sure i already know the answer.

i definitely hope i'm wrong as i'm very interested in hondata or ktuner but having to send someone the ECU to have it jailbroken is a bit ridiculous imo, i've never heard of cars previously needing that (though i've never been involved in the tuning world so i wouldn't know). my main concern is, if i have some sort of unexpected issue which forces me to get it serviced at the dealership, will they be able to see that the ECU has been "jailbroken" or otherwise had its tune mapping changed? i'm assuming that they can with whatever their diagnostic tool is.
From what I have read so far this Bosch ECU we have is a different animal compared to Honda's normal ECU. There was verification from Hondata that flashing counts can't be determined. Now if you ask questions at your dealership I'm sure it could raise suspicion.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
From what I have read so far this Bosch ECU we have is a different animal compared to Honda's normal ECU. There was verification from Hondata that flashing counts can't be determined. Now if you ask questions at your dealership I'm sure it could raise suspicion.
oh the dealership i would call- the one i bought it from- is across the state from me and not the local one i will be taking my car to for service. i wouldn't even tell them i'm even thinking about it lol. i talked with the service manager at the other dealership for a bit during the buying process and he has an older teggie, an S2000, and some other stuff that he has done work to, so he seems like a good person to ask about it.

when you say hondata verified that flashing counts can't be determined, i don't really know what that means in laymen terms.

also, i'm assuming bolt-ons are totally safe though, right? i was looking at some stuff like a PRL intake and i'm assuming you can throw those on with no warranty issues (granted that you dont get the large bore one that requires a tune).

thanks for all your responses, i really appreciate it.

jpooah1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S Apex Blue
welcome aboard! post some pictures when it arrives and enjoy it. I most certainly do just hit 500 miles and went wot 1st,2nd, but then realized I was still in sport mode. more fun to experience ahead

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
It came last night! i grabbed a few pictures but they look like shit since it was already dark. i currently have it covered up (i bought the OEM car cover lol) and as soon as i'm done working i'm taking it to a CeramicPro Elite shop to get a full PPF and Tint job

ill take some pictures of it when it's done

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Nice. Love the wheels and spoiler! You pick those or did the dealer just do it? did you also get the stock wheels?

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Nice. Love the wheels and spoiler! You pick those or did the dealer just do it? did you also get the stock wheels?
i picked out everything lol. i got a surprising amount for my trade-in so i was like... okay, i want all the things. carbon fiber? yes.

and yes i kept the stock wheels as well. i told them i want to keep every single thing that comes with the MSRP- so i want the stock wheels, i want the stock spoiler, i want the stock chrome badges, i want the stock steering wheel (i opted for the heated one lmao), so they packaged it up and put it in the car for me. they did forget the stock mirror covers though

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
i picked out everything lol. i got a surprising amount for my trade-in so i was like... okay, i want all the things. carbon fiber? yes.

and yes i kept the stock wheels as well. i told them i want to keep every single thing that comes with the MSRP- so i want the stock wheels, i want the stock spoiler, i want the stock chrome badges, i want the stock steering wheel (i opted for the heated one lmao), so they packaged it up and put it in the car for me. they did forget the stock mirror covers though
Unlike the carbon fiber spoiler, the carbon fiber mirror parts are only caps that are adhered to the back of the side mirrors. So you won’t get any parts back From the dealed.