• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Type S Purchase Price with Accessories

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type Platinum Perlescent White
I would like some feedback on this offer. This has all the accessories on it that I want. Vin number is 111 which is pretty cool. But I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal because I want the car so bad I may not be thinking it completely through. I would be trading my 2020 Type R for it. Am I crazy? Am I getting a good deal? Am I blinded by my wants.

Please let me know what you think. I know it's a little unorthodox to post things like this but I need some insight.
20230717_190625.jpg

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What's the $5,200 discount from?

OP
OP
BlackCTR

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the $5,200 discount from?
They discounted the accessories for me. I told them I was not going to pay $13k for accessories.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I guess it depends on your trade in value. I don't follow the used market, but $37k for a used CTR seems like a good trade value, particularly depends on how much you spent to acquire it in the first place.

Although there is $13k in accessories, I see there's a $5200 discount. So really, about $8k in accessories. Now if those are accessories you would have liked (and which accessories specifically--extra set copper wheels, alcantara steering wheel, CF spoiler ?) anyway or ordered/installed, I don't think that's a terrible deal especially as there are plenty of dealerships charging >$5k for a straight ADM with nothing extra.

OP
OP
BlackCTR

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I guess it depends on your trade in value. I don't follow the used market, but $37k for a used CTR seems like a good trade value, particularly depends on how much you spent to acquire it in the first place.

Although there is $13k in accessories, I see there's a $5200 discount. So really, about $8k in accessories. Now if those are accessories you would have liked (and which accessories specifically--extra set copper wheels, alcantara steering wheel, CF spoiler ?) anyway or ordered/installed, I don't think that's a terrible deal especially as there are plenty of dealerships charging >$5k for a straight ADM with nothing extra.
Yeah I actually wanted all the accessories. So I'm cool with that. Plus they will be included with the bumper to bumper warranty since its installed prior to the sell.

OP
OP
BlackCTR

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I originally paid like $34k for my Type R. I paid under MSRP for it because I bought it during covid and no one was buying cars really back then.

OP
OP
BlackCTR

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you think it's worth giving up my Type R to buy the Type S? I honestly really want both. I could afford to have both but I don't think it's a wise decision. So my question, do you think it's worth it?

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
Do you think it's worth giving up my Type R to buy the Type S? I honestly really want both. I could afford to have both but I don't think it's a wise decision. So my question, do you think it's worth it?
Only you can answer that question....

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
If you have the space to store them both, keep the FK8 and daily the DE5. The FK8 may continue to be a good investment.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Please let me know what you think. I know it's a little unorthodox to post things like this but I need some insight.
I think you can get them to come down another $2k-$3k on the accessories if you really push--there are others who got the accessory package for ~$5,500. How many test drive miles are on this car already? If saying others got the accessories for cheaper doesn't work, the miles may be a valid leverage point.

As far as keeping the CTR vs trading in, you're getting ~$3k more than you paid for the car PLUS it's cutting the tax on this purchase by $2,200--so you effectively earned 15% on the car over ~3 years of ownership. That's one hell of a return on what's almost always a depreciating asset. I'd cash out.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
No, the FK8 is completely redundant to the ITS.

Otherwise, it's a fair deal depending on what the accessories actually are. "Worth" is up to the individual. But don't keep both, unless you have some compelling reason to, like your wife or son needs a car (I wouldn't put a new driver in an FK8 but just as an example...). That's just ridiculous. Get something that is at least somewhat of a different experience, like a Miata or Tundra or something like that...

jrodtypeS

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic type R
Question did
Did you feel like they were 2 different cars? I own a 2020 FK8 with 15k miles on it. I am looking to trade in my FK8 also for the Type S. But because of different circumstances I now need a more adult looking car. Thank you for posting the quote . That was much needed info. Here are my 2 cents. First of course do what is best for you and your family. But after driving the Type S. If I could keep the FK8 and get the Type S. I would. They are 2 different cars. I would have the Type S as a daily driver and Tune the FK8. The FK8 will always be a head turner (good or bad depending on opinion). Both of these cars value don't look like they will fade any time soon. They are both special cars . Just my thoughts.
Again thanks for posting your quote.

OP
OP
BlackCTR

BlackCTR

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm the only person that's driven the car. I know because I kept track of the miles. They only let me drive it because I already owned a Type R. So it's basically brand new.

Do you think the ITS DE5 will hold its value like the Type R's do?

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Quick related question. Does the full $37,000 qualify for tax savings, or only the difference between that and the payout in your state? If it is in fact the former, definitely do the trade.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Quick related question. Does the full $37,000 qualify for tax savings, or only the difference between that and the payout in your state? If it is in fact the former, definitely do the trade.
Full 37k