• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Well...it happened again. This is after putting another 5K on the odometer and after they replaced the fuel filler neck @ 2900 miles 😬 I'm starting to question the reliability of Acura as a brand if this is a reoccurring issue even after taking it to a dealership TWICE for this same issue. I'll keep you posted on what the dealership does.

20230116_193322.jpg

20230116_192014.jpg
Do you top off when you fill up? Sorry if this has been addressed before but that has been an issue with caplets fuel systems from the beginning.
I have reset it 4 or 5 times. Tried different gas . Have tried tunes with Ktuner and ran stock. All instances the code returned. Of course this is without the repair done. But the above post mentioning it returning after the fix doesn't make me feel any better.
Did you have the repair done on it? Codes point to a evap leak which maybe that stupid capless fill neck. I have noticed when filling it up that it seems cheap and flimsy and wonder if just hanging the pump on to it when filling is stressing and cracking somwthing. From photos the new CTR doesn't have this which is good.
So I got it back. Dealer had to make their own tool to install. They think it was a seal issue and could have been an assembly issue at the factory. Only time will tell if it's truly fixed.
From everything we’ve seen regarding this issue I think it’s one of 3 scenarios that trigger this code.

1) Factory defect on the install causing a leak between the neck and tank. A new neck/tank as I believe they are one piece, installed correctly would permanently fix this.

2) The weak capless filler piece is stressed by the pump itself and cracks causing a leak. Same fix as #1.

3) The neck has two doors. One above that you push with the gas nozzle and one at the bottom. They open together. If you pump and pull out right away, both doors close and some fuel gets caught in the excessively long neck. Because it’s capless, there is a sensor in the inlet area to detect fumes that would represent a leak. Fuel stuck in the neck would simulate this.

Over filling would also cause this same thing. When it stops pumping the first time. I push the flap on the pump housing as if I hung it back up. Pull the trigger (nothing comes out bc the pump stopped) and count to 10. Then pull it out. The fix is to push the top door for a few seconds and clear the code.

So for rb2490 I think you had some fuel trapped in the neck. I think bad gas caused the fuel trim issue but wasn’t related to the cel.

For integra23 I believe you had an actual leak that should be fixed.

And for azreal, not to be insulting, but it seems likely this is caused by you with #2. Your filling habits probably cracked the neck of the replacement just like you did the first time. A defect wouldn’t take 5k miles to show up.

We just have to be careful when filling unfortunately. It takes a couple extra minutes of care that we shouldn’t have to worry about but alas, we do.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
From everything we’ve seen regarding this issue I think it’s one of 3 scenarios that trigger this code.

1) Factory defect on the install causing a leak between the neck and tank. A new neck/tank as I believe they are one piece, installed correctly would permanently fix this.

2) The weak capless filler piece is stressed by the pump itself and cracks causing a leak. Same fix as #1.

3) The neck has two doors. One above that you push with the gas nozzle and one at the bottom. They open together. If you pump and pull out right away, both doors close and some fuel gets caught in the excessively long neck. Because it’s capless, there is a sensor in the inlet area to detect fumes that would represent a leak. Fuel stuck in the neck would simulate this.

Over filling would also cause this same thing. When it stops pumping the first time. I push the flap on the pump housing as if I hung it back up. Pull the trigger (nothing comes out bc the pump stopped) and count to 10. Then pull it out. The fix is to push the top door for a few seconds and clear the code.

So for rb2490 I think you had some fuel trapped in the neck. I think bad gas caused the fuel trim issue but wasn’t related to the cel.

For integra23 I believe you had an actual leak that should be fixed.

And for azreal, not to be insulting, but it seems likely this is caused by you with #2. Your filling habits probably cracked the neck of the replacement just like you did the first time. A defect wouldn’t take 5k miles to show up.

We just have to be careful when filling unfortunately. fIt takes a couple extra minutes of care that we shoulmydn’t have to worry about but alas, we do.
That was my first guess. Fuel was trapped but then fuel trims had me thinking. On 400 miles since I reset the code and no cel and fuel trims between -5 & 0

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Samething has happened to me, 1st time I took it in they just reset the code and said nothing was wrong with it. 2nd time they kept the car for 3 days ran a bunch of test said it was some Valve and they replaced it. Worked for about 1k miles and today the same code popped up again for a 3rd time. (So 3 times in 3,700 miles)

Since the repair I fill up in the same gas station everytime and when it’s done pumping I count to 10 before taking it out then take it out gently, but seems that didn’t work either.

Going to have to take her in again, just don’t know when I can since the next two weeks are extremely Busy for me at work. Is there a way to reset the code? Would getting like a Ktuner allow me to view the code and clear if need be?

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
Here is my experience of the "emissions code rev match disabled"

Tech pulled codes P0456, P0455, U1281-00. Passed EVAP test. Cleared codes and car returned to normal operation. No fault codes found. Customer will return if codes come back on.

So far so good. I think I was pulling the pump out too fast with the capless system. The sticker by the door recommends to keep it in for at least 5 seconds after pump clicks. Hope that is the case!

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I use an app to track just about everything on my vehicles. Before the Integra, I used to pump, grab receipt and write mileage on it, and go. Then I would enter the fill-up into the app later. Now, after I start pumping I pull out my phone and enter the data I can. Once the pump shuts off, I slowly enter the amount of fuel, verify I've entered everything correctly and hit enter. That takes me at least 5 seconds.

It's an easy trick to stop me from instantly jerking the nozzle out of the car after it clicks off and works for me. I have almost 3000 miles and no emissions codes...yet.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I'm at 1000 miles so far after code has been cleared and not issues so far. Ltft and stft normal. Oddly enough I told my wife not to use the 7/11 gas station and she went against my advice and her car is not starting 😐

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
So it's been a few weeks since the repair and about 700+ miles. I have an odd starting issue happen twice so far. I push the start button and the car sits there trying to turnover probably 6 or more times before it starts. Had it happen when it was 30 degrees and just now at 50 degrees. Anyone else having this issue?

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
Make sure battery terminals are tight.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Make sure battery terminals are tight.
I will check. But the car is cranking so it seems to have power to turn the starter but it just doesn't start and just keeps cranking till it eventually starts. Never had a push start do that kinda freaky since you push the button once and it automatically sits there cranking away.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
So it's been a few weeks since the repair and about 700+ miles. I have an odd starting issue happen twice so far. I push the start button and the car sits there trying to turnover probably 6 or more times before it starts. Had it happen when it was 30 degrees and just now at 50 degrees. Anyone else having this issue?
I've had this same thing happen about 5 times since November. I've noticed it is often accompanied by my inability for the door to sense my fob upon arriving at the vehicle. I'm leery to take it in since it is so infrequent. Anyone else also experiencing this?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I've had this same thing happen about 5 times since November. I've noticed it is often accompanied by my inability for the door to sense my fob upon arriving at the vehicle. I'm leery to take it in since it is so infrequent. Anyone else also experiencing this?
I haven't had the unlock issue unless my phone is in the same pocket as the key fob. Wonder if it's the security feature or something with a weak signal.

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech.
I promised I'd keep you updated and here's the most recent update. They dropped a loaner vehicle off on January 18th and held onto the Integra until January 27th. They said they replaced the "Purge Control Solenoid Valve" and the "Canister Vent Shut Valve" and hoped that that would solve the issue. Well...for the 4th time this check engine light code popped up again last night. This is the last chance that they have to fix this issue before it falls into the lemon law territory for my State. For anyone wondering, I fill up with 91 octane at a Love's gas station right off the highway. I count 5 seconds before I pull the nozzle out just like the manufacturer recommends. I'm kinda at a loss at this point. They're gonna be sending another loaner vehicle on Thursday so I'll let you know the outcome of this whole situation.

20230219_195855.jpg

20230220_105007.jpg

Screenshot_20230219_231923_AcuraLink.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I promised I'd keep you updated and here's the most recent update. They dropped a loaner vehicle off on January 18th and held onto the Integra until January 27th. They said they replaced the "Purge Control Solenoid Valve" and the "Canister Vent Shut Valve" and hoped that that would solve the issue. Well...for the 4th time this check engine light code popped up again last night. This is the last chance that they have to fix this issue before it falls into the lemon law territory for my State. For anyone wondering, I fill up with 91 octane at a Love's gas station right off the highway. I count 5 seconds before I pull the nozzle out just like the manufacturer recommends. I'm kinda at a loss at this point. They're gonna be sending another loaner vehicle on Thursday so I'll let you know the outcome of this whole situation.

20230219_195855.jpg

20230220_105007.jpg

Lemon law would be perfect if your trading up to the Type S

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra

20230219_195855.jpg

20230220_105007.jpg

Same issue for me as well, just dropped my car off at the dealership today for the 3rd time for the exact same issue

B6B41EEE-B879-4ED8-B480-7ABBA18CA4A8.png

9463094D-80AB-4E0A-90B3-77CE88846730.png