• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
My car had a trim piece sticking out weirdly. It’s the triangular bit next to the driver’s side mirror. Service mgr told me they removed and reinstalled it. The factory didn’t get a hook-shaped clip all the way on. It slipped out of place while driving. I noticed while washing my car a few weeks ago, made an appointment, had it corrected the same day.

I also had them check my transmission because shifting into R, 5 and 6 is difficult sometimes. They found no problem and no adjustment is available. Am I going to dislike this….or is there a good chance the car will “grow out of it” with use? It’s now got 1200 miles. Had 800 when I decided I’d like to have it looked at. Only R is still stiff sometimes since I took the car in on Monday (today is Saturday). I’ve driven the car a few times since Monday. Cross fingers it’s normal new Honda shifter behavior….?

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I am on week 1 and so far the car has no issues getting into any gear. Does this happen only when the transmission is cold / get better after things warm up?

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I am on week 1 and so far the car has no issues getting into any gear. Does this happen only when the transmission is cold / get better after things warm up?
No, it happened when the car was warmed up initially (R being stubborn). I’m not one to be in a hurry. It happened when trying to get into 5th and 6th. I was seeing at least 4K rpm. It’s not happening since I brought in the car although they said it shifts fine to them (at the dealer). I’ve gone on a hour ride and had R be stubborn while adjusting position in a parking lot, no one around, no hurry.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Gotcha… When my Si was new it would occasionally fight going into R when cold… but that was only on occasion and it completely went away after ~1000 miles. It was pretty mild and would always go in after a few tries. So far shifting w the Integra has been smooth for me.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
Gotcha… When my Si was new it would occasionally fight going into R when cold… but that was only on occasion and it completely went away after ~1000 miles. It was pretty mild and would always go in after a few tries. So far shifting w the Integra has been smooth for me.
That sounds like my experience. I’ve got about 1250 miles and Reverse is much better than it was at 1000 miles. The 5th & 6th gears are almost perfect now. I’m stopping my worrying.

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech.
So I've had the same problem happen to me. I took ownership of my 2023 Integra with a CVT, yeah yeah go ahead and rag on me, back in June and I've put 2649 miles on mine when the check engine light came on. This happened a couple days ago and the earliest any Acura dealership could see me was today so hopefully it gets resolved.

20220912_163754.jpg

Leadfoot82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec - Tech
I sold my integra after going through this deal and the dealership that I went to (John Eagle - Katy, TX) did not know what was going on with the car. Their diagnostic equipment was new for this model and they did not seem familiar with the codes or behavior that it was showing. They reset the CEL lights and said to let them know if they come back on. (They actually wanted to keep my car for multiple days for testing...no thanks) What a waste of time. I was actually speaking to the tech himself. He also told me NOT to bring the car in with a full tank of gas...go in with a half tank or lower so that they can detect leaks. I hope that this information helps others who have a service appointment planned.

(They also said that their finance manager has a demo CVT unit and it did the same thing. They simply reset the CEL. hah)

Leadfoot82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That seems a rather drastic step. :dunno:
Man, I tried to like this car but, for me, the overall fit and finish, this issue, steering wheel leather wrinkling, body panel misalignment, loudness on the road, slow 0-60, red seats clinging to random debris/dog hair/ door panel movement when rolling down the windows. There were a lot of things that I did like! The audio was amazing, Acura infotainment is great, the info in the cluster was great, overall sharp looking car, loved the rear hatch, interior styling is great but needed a little more money into it to really solidify the car. This car really needed 19s from the factory to fill the well gap.

Im not meaning to bash but I probably would have still had my car if a dealer hadn’t offered me more than I paid for it!
I did find that driving solely in sport road yielded the same MPG as normal mode and sport mode is really fun.

if this model had a manual at $32k it would have been a deal but fully loaded is was a bit much for the experience that I had.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
From paying attention to this issue from the first to pop up and reading a lot about it, I’ve gathered that it pops up on the manual and CVT for 1 of 2 reasons.

Reason 1 and most common. The no cap fuel inlet requires you to leave the fuel nozzle in the inlet for 5 seconds after pumping. It says it right on the inlet. This is because the first door that you push opened with the nozzle isn’t the only door opening. They are linked together. If you stop fueling and pull out immediately, it closes both door and fuel gets stuck. Vapor hits the sensor and the car thinks there’s a leak. It’s the equivalent to not tightening the fuel cap on cars. The extra flap seals the tank since there is no cap. A simple cel reset fixes it.

Reason 2 is not being careful with the pump. I’ve noticed the inlet seems loose/weak. When you put in the nozzle, the weight of it moves the inlet once you let the pump sit. I hold it or gently let it sit. I try not to move it around a lot. I think this leads to cracks in the filler neck which is an actual leak and needs repair.

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
Seems like a poor design if you have to take so much care to pump gas! In NJ, you are not supposed to pump your own...

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
(They actually wanted to keep my car for multiple days for testing...no thanks)
With first model runs you become part of a test group. It is incredibly difficult to replicate every real-world issue in a lab efficiently. It's a good thing dealer techs want to work with you as they will learn the cars better and report back to the manufacturer for further improvement.

Sad to hear it didn't work out for you. Hope you find something that works out!

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I got my Integra towed to the dealership on Friday, September 16th, and they explained that the check engine light/ emissions problem turned out to be error code P0455 and P0456 "Small and Large EVAP Leak detected." They performed the EVAP test on my car and it passed with no problems. They then checked the system with their smoke machine to verify everything was sealed properly and it passed that too.

They reached out directly to Acura and they said they're tracking at least 5 other Integra's experiencing this same issue. They decided to simply clear the code and give me back the car. Well...the same emissions error just popped up this afternoon and they're closed so hopefully I'll be able to get this resolved tomorrow.

Leadfoot82

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I got my Integra towed to the dealership on Friday, September 16th, and they explained that the check engine light/ emissions problem turned out to be error code P0455 and P0456 "Small and Large EVAP Leak detected." They performed the EVAP test on my car and it passed with no problems. They then checked the system with their smoke machine to verify everything was sealed properly and it passed that too.

They reached out directly to Acura and they said they're tracking at least 5 other Integra's experiencing this same issue. They decided to simply clear the code and give me back the car. Well...the same emissions error just popped up this afternoon and they're closed so hopefully I'll be able to get this resolved tomorrow.
Bummer man. I hope that they figure something out for you or at least offer a lender. I understand that the integra is a first model year but it’s basically a civic si which I have not heard to have this issue. Every person buying the first batch will be in the dealer sooner than later.

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just wanted to give a quick update on this whole situation. The dealership brought a loaner vehicle to my house yesterday and took my Integra back to their dealership. The gentleman I've been working with at the dealership called me today to say that they're going to replace the capless fuel filler and hold onto the car for a few days to make sure everything is running properly. A little frustrated, but hopefully this will be the last issue I have to deal with for awhile.

Check Engine Light Report 9.19.2022.jpg

Screenshot 9.18.2022.jpg