• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra Type S, Integra 2 door, Integra 4
2024 Integra Type S
under 800 miles this error comes up. Working with dealership but if the error isn't showing they told me to come back when the error comes back. It has shown up twice but goes away the next time I start the car.

This originally showed up with the auto rev match error, I got that to go away by disabling auto rev match setting the vehicle settings.

Let's see what the dealership says next time.

Acura_error_2023.jpg

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Left ITS at dealership, so they could troubleshoot the emissions systems problem. Day 2 today, no update so far. Sure hope they can fix the error.

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Dealership update
Day 4

Dealership says, "We did some updates the sensors seem to be operating as normal. steps were to update clear codes and retest. so far codes have not came back test is going to retest either end of day today or in the am so everything can re boot."

So may be able to go pick up 10/4
Yay!

Pictures to follow with new mods installed.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
2024 Integra Type S
under 800 miles this error comes up. Working with dealership but if the error isn't showing they told me to come back when the error comes back. It has shown up twice but goes away the next time I start the car.

This originally showed up with the auto rev match error, I got that to go away by disabling auto rev match setting the vehicle settings.

Let's see what the dealership says next time.

Acura_error_2023.jpg
Smart move with having your own documentation. Continue to do that for any issue you may encounter. Hopefully you don't, but, without it, they may claim it didn't happen for them.

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good note:
submitaweasel

I will keep every little piece of documentation, cause under warranty they have to fix it.

Emissions update: (Day 5)
Today picked up my ITS from the dealership, they say they cleared the errors, but didn't replace sensor. If come up again they will change the sensor. (4 different times the error shown up.) It's a 1 hour and 30 drive for me to go to the dealership, so not easiest to go back if error comes back. Whatever...

Mods are installed now. I am a happy man!

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
I had mine first happen at 150 miles… took to the dealer 3x. Once with the error codes. Gave me a loaner they ordered a camshaft sensor and got it the next day. Next morning after fillup did it again. hadnt happened since but annoyed since brand new My honda never had issues like this

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
Good note:
submitaweasel

I will keep every little piece of documentation, cause under warranty they have to fix it.

Emissions update: (Day 5)
Today picked up my ITS from the dealership, they say they cleared the errors, but didn't replace sensor. If come up again they will change the sensor. (4 different times the error shown up.) It's a 1 hour and 30 drive for me to go to the dealership, so not easiest to go back if error comes back. Whatever...

Mods are installed now. I am a happy man!
1600 miles on my ITS and the follow error messages came up while driving yesterday:
Check engine
Emissions system problem
Rev Matching disabled
Adaptive cruise disabled
Braking system issue

Today all the error messages disappeared and the car seems to be driving normally EXCEPT no pops or burbles (in Sport+ mode). Any idea if the dealer will be able to help?

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1600 miles on my ITS and the follow error messages came up while driving yesterday:
Check engine
Emissions system problem
Rev Matching disabled
Adaptive cruise disabled
Braking system issue

Today all the error messages disappeared and the car seems to be driving normally EXCEPT no pops or burbles (in Sport+ mode). Any idea if the dealer will be able to help?
Yeah, I had the messages come back again. I had the dealership replace a sensor and the errors went away. They should be able to figure out which one to replace. If they have any issue, I can look at the paperwork for a part number if that would help you. Keep me posted

blueAcura707

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From the paperwork they gave after repairs were done.

Error code: P0344 CMP sensor intermittent failure

Action taken: Replaced CMP sensor A due to DTC P0344. Updated software (op#1211Fl)

Part number: 37510-RPY-G01 Sensor assy...TDC

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Mine reappeared again @1000miles. This is annoying. Went a few tanks with nothing, now its back. Im gonna be real annoyed this 3rd time i go in. Ugh. My Honda never ever did this !

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I just got this myself- started up the car to go somewhere, and was bombarded with a CEL and all these system failure notifications- emissions system, rev match system, adaptive cruise control, etc. Also i didn't just fill up either, as my fuel gauge was down to 3 bars.

i turned the car on and off a couple times and i think the ACC notification went away but the emissions and rev match notifications stayed. i searched the web and was immediately linked to this thread, which i spent time reading.

when i got to this post

So just chiming in here on a small update for those who are curious...

...Well, last gas fill up and after reading a comment (either here or another forum) that the second lower flapper inside the filler neck may be the cause as it sticks, I decided to aggressively jiggle the pumps nozzle while removing it. Low and behold today (next day) the emissions CEL is gone without a reset.....

Either way, those with the emissions CEL, try jiggling the nozzle when removing it to free up that lower flapper.
i actually got out with, opened the fuel tank, stuck my middle finger in and jiggled the flaps for a bit, and lo and behold the CEL and notifications went away- all with the car still running lol.

edit:

Same- after the CEL/notifications went away, i went ahead and drove it and immediately noticed the pops and burbles were gone in S+ mode. The auto-rev match feature was working, but i have no idea why the active exhaust is no longer working. is there a fuse or something we can check? and is the dealership gonna give me a hard time about looking at it (without charging me) since the CEL is no longer on? i even payed for the extra/extended warranty shit because i'm a fuckin idiot.

Last edited:

waxman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bike
I just got this myself- started up the car to go somewhere, and was bombarded with a CEL and all these system failure notifications- emissions system, rev match system, adaptive cruise control, etc. Also i didn't just fill up either, as my fuel gauge was down to 3 bars.

i turned the car on and off a couple times and i think the ACC notification went away but the emissions and rev match notifications stayed. i searched the web and was immediately linked to this thread, which i spent time reading.

when i got to this post

i actually got out with, opened the fuel tank, stuck my middle finger in and jiggled the flaps for a bit, and lo and behold the CEL and notifications went away- all with the car still running lol.

edit:

Same- after the CEL/notifications went away, i went ahead and drove it and immediately noticed the pops and burbles were gone in S+ mode. The auto-rev match feature was working, but i have no idea why the active exhaust is no longer working. is there a fuse or something we can check?
I took the car to the dealer and they reset an internal error code. After that, the pops and burbles returned. I wish I had asked for more specifics on the internal error code.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I took the car to the dealer and they reset an internal error code. After that, the pops and burbles returned. I wish I had asked for more specifics on the internal error code.
i'm gonna run it up there tomorrow- do you mind calling them and asking them what code it was or whatever in case they ask or can't otherwise figure it out on their own?

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
i'm gonna run it up there tomorrow- do you mind calling them and asking them what code it was or whatever in case they ask or can't otherwise figure it out on their own?
I'd never call anyone an idiot for buying an extended warranty on a car, especially if it's German but that's beside the point.

If there's a stored code causing the CEL it could be completely different from anyone else's. They will read the codes off your car and decide if a simple clear-out will fix it or if there's something else wrong.

If the filler neck problem persists then you might want to ask for it to be replaced under warranty. It has been known to be a problem on other cars with the same design.

You know how they say to keep the filler in the car five seconds after fueling has stopped? Personally I use that time to jiggle it around in there, primarily to get all the drops out that might land on the paint, but it could also free up the stuck second flap. Just a thought.