• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
After resetting my CEL it hasn't come back on in over 1500 miles. Have 6k miles on the car now. I think it's the stupid capless gas fill neck. Have an older Ford fusion at work that does the very same thing. You have to periodically lube the orings on the filler neck flaps. I even flashed back to stock... Missing my Phearable tune 😒

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
I just got the 'emissions system problem. power may be reduced. see your dealer' error again the other day and am waiting to take it back into the dealer to have it looked at. I hope this time they can resolve it or let me know how to prevent it getting this way. Both times happened with it sitting at work and i go to run out for lunch and the light is immediately on at that time; no rhyme or reason or anythig nthat led up to it that i can think of. kinda annoying but i am being reassured by the dealer that so long as the light is constant and not blinking that i should be ok to drive in this limo mode until next wednsday when i can get it in there.

turbobob3

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec w/tech 6MT
Same lights came on for me yesterday only 370 miles on a 6MT bought two ago. Going to dealer Thursday. Been driving fine so far, well see if it makes it another 200 miles as I cant stop driving it lol. pretty disappointing for a Honda/Acura product

Azrael357

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech.
New update, just got my Integra returned to me this afternoon. The paperwork says the following: "Found codes P0455 and P0456 Small and Large Evap Leak Detected, found small Evap leak at fuel filler neck. 0.80 Replace the fuel filler neck. Performed Evap Test all ok at this time. We test drove and found the Evap system monitor has run and passed. We also filled the tank and reset the system again and found the Evap monitor ran and passed. There are no problems found at this time."

So far everything seems to be in good order and the gentleman I worked with at the dealership explained that they replaced the fuel filler neck as they believe that was the source of the check engine light. They ran the car through a few fuel cycles to make sure this problem didn't pop up again and after all of that, they felt comfortable enough to return my Integra back to me. If anything new pops up, I'll let ya'll know.

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
I haven't seen any service bulletins on this issue in the Honda service portal - I wonder if the build-date of the vehicle is a factor. I took delivery of my Integra late last month. Are the folks who are having issues super-early receivers?
edit: I have 650 miles on the vehicle so far and haven't encountered the issue.

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
So I've had the same problem happen to me. I took ownership of my 2023 Integra with a CVT, yeah yeah go ahead and rag on me, back in June and I've put 2649 miles on mine when the check engine light came on. This happened a couple days ago and the earliest any Acura dealership could see me was today so hopefully it gets resolved.
I have a CVT as well - was a compromise with the family so they could drive it in an emergency. It is definitely a small factor in my ability to LOVE my Integra, but not a big deal. My knees and the traffic in my area make the CVT pretty practical. Not to mention I get over 42 MPG on the Highway at 70 MPH. I'm going to give it a solid year and see how it goes, but I have to say, I feel like I got a LOT with this purchase compared to other options. A similarly loaded Toyota is priced same or above what I paid (e.g. Rav4, Camry etc), and a similarly equipped Lexus or Audi/BMW is at least 10K more... it's all good!!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Alright of course after running a tune for a few weeks the dang cel is back. Blah

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
I haven't seen any service bulletins on this issue in the Honda service portal - I wonder if the build-date of the vehicle is a factor. I took delivery of my Integra late last month. Are the folks who are having issues super-early receivers?
edit: I have 650 miles on the vehicle so far and haven't encountered the issue.
my car was built first week of August, took delivery mid August, i havent had any problems, 2200 miles & 8-10 fill-ups

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
my car was built first week of August, took delivery mid August, i havent had any problems, 2200 miles & 8-10 fill-ups
Same for me - built early august, delivered a couple weeks later. VIN number in the 4600 range. I have 1300 miles on the odometer, no issues.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
The two codes it's throwing
Fault code P0455 indicates that a large (gross) leak within the evaporative emissions system has been

P0456 definition: Evaporative emission control system leak (small)

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The two codes it's throwing
Fault code P0455 indicates that a large (gross) leak within the evaporative emissions system has been

P0456 definition: Evaporative emission control system leak (small)
Same 2 as usual. Leak on the filler neck. Always the case.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
My incredible Acura ownership experience continues. After finally getting my car back from the dealership after nearly two weeks because of a misaligned panel and door rubbing on each other, I now have the emissions system problem light on (again). I actually had this light on the minute I picked it up but they took care of it immediately and said it was because the gas door had not been closed properly. So now I get to go back to the dealership next Wednesday and have this looked at.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
Same for me - built early august, delivered a couple weeks later. VIN number in the 4600 range. I have 1300 miles on the odometer, no issues.
Similar to Leehro, built in August, delivered in September. 1000 miles, no issues.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Acura TLX V6 Tech
Anybody have any experience with getting a coupler for the fuel filler tube replaced? My service rep is telling me that’s the issue and that the part is back ordered with no ETA but it has been ordered on the critical list, however much that changes things. I feel like I need to talk to corporate because I can’t believe how awful this has all been. Honda even reached out to the dealership to ask for more details on the panel misalignment because it was so bad that it was scratching paint.