• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Integra Emissions System Problem

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
1500 miles since code has been cleared and it's never reappeared. Only fill up at Sunoco or shell by me. Hope acura figures this out

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Driven over 1000 miles and so far so good after my repair. They did keep the car for 3 days fixing it. Said it was the first time for this repair and the fill neck connection needed a special tool that they ended up making. Mentioned from the factory that this coupling wasn't fully seated.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
Seems like this issue is hitting a lot of us who purchased the new Integra. Mine is an early delivery MT (VIN is number 450 off the line!) purchased last June, and I just got this CEL today out of nowhere. I'll be heading into the dealer to discuss, but I am not too happy about a $180+ diagnostic fee they quoted over the phone, if we already know this is a problem nationwide...
smaller.jpg

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Seems like this issue is hitting a lot of us who purchased the new Integra. Mine is an early delivery MT (VIN is number 450 off the line!) purchased last June, and I just got this CEL today out of nowhere. I'll be heading into the dealer to discuss, but I am not too happy about a $180+ diagnostic fee they quoted over the phone, if we already know this is a problem nationwide... View attachment 225772
There should be no reason a dealership charges a diag fee. I would call a different service center. None of mine charge a fee if the car is covered.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Yes, that fee is bogus. Car doesn't even have 2,000 miles, clearly still under full warranty.
I would look for a different dealer.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well, I am glad I had this owner group to reference! Went in to talk to my sales team and the GM. Explained how this light was on, what many of you have experienced already from what you have shared on this forum, and how I was quoted a $200 charge to troubleshoot. They were apologetic to say the least, and the GM asked me to wait a moment while he went back there and had a short conversation.
Apparently the guy on the phone was new and didn't know how it worked with customers who had purchased brand new cars at their dealership. Once that was straightened out I ended up leaving the car for them to look at and make the filler neck repair, as well as hopefully my first oil change. Service team rep when she was checking me in said they have already had 2 other Integras in for the same CEL and fix.

TheRas900

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Macan S, '16 ES350 and hopefully a '23 Integra
Happy to hear you did not pay that fee. Good luck on the fix and let us know how it goes.

Ronakp22

First Name
Ronak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Apec + Tech
Does anyone have an update on the cause and fix of this issue? Light popped up at 5k miles, took it to the dealer and they said there was a leak in the capless filler assembly. Around 3 weeks ago it was replaced and it the light stayed away until today. It's honestly a little frustrating because the car is 9 months old and only has 7k miles. The dealer is 40 mins away and doesn't offer loaners, so it's a real pain to constantly bring it back to them. I really do love the car but have spent more time in the service shop for non-routine stuff than both my Mazda3s and my maxima.

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
The dealer is 40 mins away and doesn't offer loaners,
Hey Ronak, that is a raw deal in my book. I accidentally liked it when I meant to respond. Here's a couple of points that have worked for me in the past. YMMV.
1. You don't need to go to the same dealer. Find one that is closer, maybe, or fixes it right the first time. All Acura dealers get paid by Acura for performing warranty work. Maybe there's a convenient one that provides a loaner? See point 2.
2. This failed and then failed again a month later? I see this as a failed repair by the dealer. Look, everybody makes mistakes. I don't believe in going off on people because they may be responsible for my inconvenience. I do however, kindly request my issue to be resolved. And if necessary, I firmly express my service expectation. Maybe they don't make a habit of providing loaners, that's a business decision. But in no case, should you need to bring a car back with the same problem within three months of dealer service and be stranded there. They should bend over backward to give the best service possible due to this repeat problem. That doesn't mean it was their fault, but it means they take reasonable/timely steps to fix your problem. That includes a loaner, period.

Good luck!

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Update: Dealer kept my car over the weekend (my choice) and not a penny was charged for diagnostics or repair/service. As it should be.
They identified the CEL as: p0455 p0456 Evap leaks. Ordered fuel filler capless unit.
Part is backordered, but they temporarily cleared the code for me with assurance that there would be nothing mechanically hazardous if it came on again. I am the 3rd Integra owner with this issue at my dealership, according to the Service dpt. rep, but they will let me know when it arrives. I also received my first free oil change (filter P/N 15400-PLM-A02 and AC-U0W20 full synthetic oil, in case anyone needs it in the future) and complementary tire rotation. Ironically the CEL has stayed off since I picked the car up, but we'll see.
In passing, my sales guy did also mention the ITS coming this Summer with "MSRP somewhere around the Civic Type-R"...

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does anyone have an update on the cause and fix of this issue? Light popped up at 5k miles, took it to the dealer and they said there was a leak in the capless filler assembly. Around 3 weeks ago it was replaced and it the light stayed away until today. It's honestly a little frustrating because the car is 9 months old and only has 7k miles. The dealer is 40 mins away and doesn't offer loaners, so it's a real pain to constantly bring it back to them. I really do love the car but have spent more time in the service shop for non-routine stuff than both my Mazda3s and my maxima.
Mine popped on at 1,800 miles. The Service tech indicated that it's becoming a common issue for '23 Integra, and also said there is a part that "sticks" inside the filler neck, causing these codes (p0455 p0456 evap). I was literally advised by the Acura tech to poke a long funnel into where the gas nozzle goes if I notice it stuck open or the code comes back before they receive my backorder parts for the repair. That might save you some trips? I have no idea if it would even work... lol.

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Elite A-Spec
So just chiming in here on a small update for those who are curious...

I had the emissions light come on a few months back and reset it (winter time) by pulling the negative terminal on battery so i could continue remote starting my car. The car had a leaking crank seal at first oil change which was warrantied shortly after. The service techs couldn't find anything wrong with emissions at the time when I took it in and said to not reset it as there was likely no issue and it wouldn't hurt the car.

Despite always waiting the 5 seconds when done pumping fuel before removing, about a week ago the emissions light came back on during some heavy rain. I left it alone this time and planned to book an appointment with the CEL on so the techs could atleast see the code live. Well, last gas fill up and after reading a comment (either here or another forum) that the second lower flapper inside the filler neck may be the cause as it sticks, I decided to aggressively jiggle the pumps nozzle while removing it. Low and behold today (next day) the emissions CEL is gone without a reset.

Could be a coincedence, but one thing I noticed to support that it may actually be resolved is my fuel efficiency jumped up about 1L/100km. When the CEL first came on last time I did notice an increase in fuel consumption prior (high 6/low 7s) from my previous high 5s/low 6's... After the CEL went away this time im back in the high 5's. I just attributed it to the cold weather although the timeline didn't quite match up.

Either way, those with the emissions CEL, try jiggling the nozzle when removing it to free up that lower flapper.

Rhinoplasti78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Well got the same message again for emissions this is the 4th time in 6,300 miles. I always wait more then the required 5 seconds but seems to be every thousand miles or so it pops up for me. After the second time they replaced some valve in the fuel assembly, scheduled to take her in next Saturday which is the earliest I can get scheduled, so let’s see what they say this time.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Well I'm just under 1,900 miles and just got this emission system and rev match error--lucky me.

I'm scheduled to take my car in on Friday and will get a loaner, but I believe I read the part(s) are back-ordered... does anyone have any insight as to how far out they are? Or if they're indeed still back-ordered? The dealership seemed familiar with the issue and ready to take care of it when I called to schedule.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Well I'm just under 1,900 miles and just got this emission system and rev match error--lucky me.

I'm scheduled to take my car in on Friday and will get a loaner, but I believe I read the part(s) are back-ordered... does anyone have any insight as to how far out they are? Or if they're indeed still back-ordered? The dealership seemed familiar with the issue and ready to take care of it when I called to schedule.
I had mine finally done in January and it took 2 months or so for the parts to arrive.