• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Heated Wheel

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
It's hard to believe that my steering wheel is not heated. The dealer wants over $1000 to install one. I read somewhere that only Canadian cars come standard with them, is that true?

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Yes. It is cold up here!

First Name
Ryley
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6sp, white over red
$1000 just for install?!

Everything else I was looking at included one so the salesman offered to include it.

wagood

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Integra 6MT
Mine was around 800 or so for parts+labor, I’d ask around at other dealers if that is an option for you because 1000 is insane.

eric123406109

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2021 RAV4 Prime, 1987 911
It's not very good anyways.
agree. It’s warmer that the cold outdoor temperature, but not as warm as the wheels in my 2018 volt or 2021 rav4. If I had it to do over again, I might just keep the $800 in my pocket.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
It's hard to believe that my steering wheel is not heated. The dealer wants over $1000 to install one. I read somewhere that only Canadian cars come standard with them, is that true?
I was planning to pay the difference to get the heated wheel IF, it was going to still be the perforated leather with red contrast stitching.
I heard somewhere that the heated wheel would-be same as Canadian models, the smooth leather no perforation.

Compromise

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
If any Canadian teggy owner wants my perforated orchid stitched wheel and is willing to trade for their orchid-stitched heated wheel, hmu :yes:

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's not very good anyways.
Not sure where your expectations are for heated wheels. Mine heats up just fine. Do you need to be able to feel it through heavy gloves? A blazing hot steering wheel doesn't sound very appealing.

I was planning to pay the difference to get the heated wheel IF, it was going to still be the perforated leather with red contrast stitching.
I heard somewhere that the heated wheel would-be same as Canadian models, the smooth leather no perforation.
It is 100% not perforated.

$1000 is too much. You can get the wheel for ~$350, just install it yourself and buy an Alcantara wheel while you're at it, still come out less than what they're charging for install. Crazy.

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
Not sure where your expectations are for heated wheels. Mine heats up just fine. Do you need to be able to feel it through heavy gloves? A blazing hot steering wheel doesn't sound very appealing.
No, I rarely wear gloves driving if ever. Blazing hot to start is appealing when the outside temperature is below -10 celsius. What it needs is levels of heat rather than just on and off.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z

$1000 is too much. You can get the wheel for ~$350, just install it yourself and buy an Alcantara wheel while you're at it, still come out less than what they're charging for install. Crazy.
I'm just keeping the stock wheel.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive

wow. that's quite the disappointment. i would have thought it would be perforated at the very least. looking at the Dreamshop, i checked accessories for both the A-Spec 6MT and the Type S and the heated steering wheel is the same part for either car: 08U97-3S5-210A.

so the Canadian Type S stock steering wheels are heated, perforated/dimpled leather, and have contrast stitching? is it possible to order a part from another market?