• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

getnyce32

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hey Everyone, this weekend, I installed a heated steering wheel for my wife. This is my first (and probably only) video made, so please forgive the horrible quality and lengthy explanation. However, I feel that the video is pretty comprehensive.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Hey Everyone, this weekend, I installed a heated steering wheel for my wife. This is my first (and probably only) video made, so please forgive the horrible quality and lengthy explanation. However, I feel that the video is pretty comprehensive.

I'd like to do this, but I wanted to keep the perforated leather wheel, I think this can only be done with the Canadian spec non perforated steering wheel, correct?

OP
OP

getnyce32

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I'd like to do this, but I wanted to keep the perforated leather wheel, I think this can only be done with the Canadian spec non perforated steering wheel, correct?
I think you are right. I was able to find only two OEM part numbers for the wheel. They both look the same, but one is to fit paddle shifters, and the other isn't. However, since all Integra models come built to support a heated steering wheel (because of the built-in harness under the dash near the firewall), I wouldn't be surprised if we see some non-oem versions come out.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think you are right. I was able to find only two OEM part numbers for the wheel. They both look the same, but one is to fit paddle shifters, and the other isn't. However, since all Integra models come built to support a heated steering wheel (because of the built-in harness under the dash near the firewall), I wouldn't be surprised if we see some non-oem versions come out.
I'm in the same boat where I want to keep the perforated leather and the red stitching (the US version only comes with black stitching). That's the only thing that had been holding me back from getting one. I reached out to Acura corporate as well as a few Canadian dealers, and no one has been willing to ship a Canada-spec wheel to the US. The best option if you want the Canada spec wheel (which comes with red stitching but no perforation) is to trade steering wheels and supporting hardware with someone you know who lives in Canada and wants to trade their heated wheel for a non-heated alcantara or perforated wheel.

That being said, I decided to go a different route and finally pulled the trigger on a heated wheel from TTDCraft. You can email them and customize it exactly how you want - and I mean exactly; they have a whole color palette of different shades you can choose for the stitching color, leather color, etc. I went with black leather with red stitching, perforation on the sides, a flat bottom, and heating (closest I could get to OEM look while adding heating and not looking too crazy). The downside is this route is expensive - I believe they start at close to $700, and they get more expensive when you start adding options like heating, carbon fiber, etc. On top of that, you still have to either buy the OEM wheel or source all the supporting parts like the cable reel, switch, harness, bolts, etc. I justified the total cost by telling myself I'll do the install myself, and if I were to have the dealer install the OEM wheel it would probably be pretty close to that with labor cost anyway.

I'm still waiting on the wheel to come in but I should have it this week. I plan on making my own install video and posting pictures when I'm done.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Can someone from Canada order one for themselves and shipped it to u.s.a. for someone

Quinn Regis

First Name
IntegraQ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Why did Acura not include (at least as an option) a heated steering wheel for US customers? The majority of US states have either very cold or some cold weather. I live in Ontario Canada, just outside of Toronto and I love my heated steering wheel. The weather here is not much different than in many northern US states. Mid-West states are colder than here.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Why did Acura not include (at least as an option) a heated steering wheel for US customers? The majority of US states have either very cold or some cold weather. I live in Ontario Canada, just outside of Toronto and I love my heated steering wheel. The weather here is not much different than in many northern US states. Mid-West states are colder than here.
We do have it as an option - but it only comes with black stitching. This was a dealbreaker for me as the rest of the stitching in my ITS is red.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
That would be great, I want the hearted wheel but not if I have to sacrifice the perforated wheel, Ill; wait and hope for something to come out.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
We do have it as an option - but it only comes with black stitching. This was a dealbreaker for me as the rest of the stitching in my ITS is red.
Same here, I really don't understand why they would do it like this, we like the wheel, just want to add heat, not change the wheel type, lol oh well.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I'm in the same boat where I want to keep the perforated leather and the red stitching (the US version only comes with black stitching). That's the only thing that had been holding me back from getting one. I reached out to Acura corporate as well as a few Canadian dealers, and no one has been willing to ship a Canada-spec wheel to the US. The best option if you want the Canada spec wheel (which comes with red stitching but no perforation) is to trade steering wheels and supporting hardware with someone you know who lives in Canada and wants to trade their heated wheel for a non-heated alcantara or perforated wheel.

That being said, I decided to go a different route and finally pulled the trigger on a heated wheel from TTDCraft. You can email them and customize it exactly how you want - and I mean exactly; they have a whole color palette of different shades you can choose for the stitching color, leather color, etc. I went with black leather with red stitching, perforation on the sides, a flat bottom, and heating (closest I could get to OEM look while adding heating and not looking too crazy). The downside is this route is expensive - I believe they start at close to $700, and they get more expensive when you start adding options like heating, carbon fiber, etc. On top of that, you still have to either buy the OEM wheel or source all the supporting parts like the cable reel, switch, harness, bolts, etc. I justified the total cost by telling myself I'll do the install myself, and if I were to have the dealer install the OEM wheel it would probably be pretty close to that with labor cost anyway.

I'm still waiting on the wheel to come in but I should have it this week. I plan on making my own install video and posting pictures when I'm done.
Can we see your wheel, the one you are ordering?
And, can I see a link to go check out options?
Thanks

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Can we see your wheel, the one you are ordering?
And, can I see a link to go check out options?
Thanks
Here's the picture they sent me after they finished making it.
51d06c71a7eaf417040efb638a4d35cb.jpeg

It actually ended up coming in today. It feels a little bit thicker than the OEM wheel, kinda similar thickness to BMW wheels. The perforation doesn't feel as pronounced but the look is still there.

The wires for the heating element don't have a connector so I'll have to transfer that from the OEM heated wheel. The wire colors are different so I will need to test with a multimeter to make sure I hook it up properly. I'll document this when I make my video.

Here's their site with a bunch of examples: https://ttdcraft.us/collections/integra. They all show some kind of carbon fiber on them but I wanted mine to look close to OEM and be fully leather so I emailed them and worked with them directly.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Here's the picture they sent me after they finished making it.
51d06c71a7eaf417040efb638a4d35cb.jpeg

It actually ended up coming in today. It feels a little bit thicker than the OEM wheel, kinda similar thickness to BMW wheels. The perforation doesn't feel as pronounced but the look is still there.

The wires for the heating element don't have a connector so I'll have to transfer that from the OEM heated wheel. The wire colors are different so I will need to test with a multimeter to make sure I hook it up properly. I'll document this when I make my video.

Here's their site with a bunch of examples: https://ttdcraft.us/collections/integra. They all show some kind of carbon fiber on them but I wanted mine to look close to OEM and be fully leather so I emailed them and worked with them directly.
Hell yeah, that looks amazing.
Thanks.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks like mik offers a similar wheel. Not sure if it's cheaper with the heating option added.

Screenshot_20240131-052052.png

ffffffff

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Honda Accord

did it come in?

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
did it come in?
It did! I've been rocking it for a few weeks now and loving the comfort in the cold. I've gotten a bit lazy and haven't found time to put together my video yet, but thanks for the reminder - I'll try it to do it sometime soon. Here's a picture for now:
IMG_2290.jpeg