• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Disable Fake Engine Noise

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I've been watching how-tos on disabling the fake engine sound in the FL5 / Si, but there's nothing out there on the Integra.

I wouldn't expect much experience re: this mod at this point on the DE5's lifecycle, but I'm curious if anyone can comment on disabling this in the standard Integra (or the Type-S if you've already received yours and moved forward with this.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I've been watching how-tos on disabling the fake engine sound in the FL5 / Si, but there's nothing out there on the Integra.

I wouldn't expect much experience re: this mod at this point on the DE5's lifecycle, but I'm curious if anyone can comment on disabling this in the standard Integra (or the Type-S if you've already received yours and moved forward with this.
It will be the same as the FL5 . Fortunately all reviewers so far said it sounds good unlike the FL5. So maybe there is no need to remove it

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It will be the same as the FL5 . Fortunately all reviewers so far said it sounds good unlike the FL5. So maybe there is no need to remove it
Yeah, I figured the electronics are probably the exact same, just figured someone might have some insight as to whether or not there is much of a difference req. re: trim removal, etc.

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
I want to disable this. I found photos of the location on the Integra but didn't find anything on how to remove the trim around the glovebox to get to i

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
There is a thread on this and there is a video in there to do it on the Si; identical to the integra paneling inside

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
What's strange is I'm typically hyper critical of fake engine noise on vehicles but I can't for the life of me remember noticing it on the integra

OP
OP

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
In my limited time in an A Spec, I didn't notice it, but I also wasn't listening for it.

Apparently, in the Type-S, it is only active in Sport + at the upper end of the rev range. My understanding is also that, in Comfort, the same system is used for ANC.

I would guess the A Spec, etc. have a similar implementation.

MikeMc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It sounds good in my Integra Type S, but the problem is that I want to go with aftermarket speakers and the active noise cancellation/fake engine sounds are specifically tuned to the stock speakers. So I'm worried about any possible negative effects with the aftermarket speaker/amp combo.

Edit: I asked the dealer if they would be willing to remove it, and they said no. I wasn't surprised, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
It sounds good in my Integra Type S, but the problem is that I want to go with aftermarket speakers and the active noise cancellation/fake engine sounds are specifically tuned to the stock speakers. So I'm worried about any possible negative effects with the aftermarket speaker/amp combo.

Edit: I asked the dealer if they would be willing to remove it, and they said no. I wasn't surprised, but I figured that it couldn't hurt to ask.
Plenty of instructions in the civic forum. Drop glovebox and it's in the lower left panel

Frenzal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra type S (coming soon)
Never noticed the fake noise...
Do you have to be in Sport+ "all the way", or also in individual with the engine on Sport+?

I'm always in individual with the engine on Sport+ and never noticed it.

From the CTR forums, it seems to be very noticeable in the CTR.

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
My music is usually too loud to even hear emergency vehicle sirens (yes...that is not good)

I have not noticed anything.

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I never noticed fake noise in the Integra. On my G80 M3, boy that is a different story!