• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sub installed pt 2..with video

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
Yesterday I unplugged the active noise control (speaker engine sounds)..so no more non sense coming through my new sub. Just search how to disable it for the civic. There's a couple youtube videos showing how it's done. Only difference is we have a leather piece above the glove compartment that needs to be removed...where on the Civic they have to remove the long vent piece in the dash.
Anyways...happy with my sound. My third brake light rattles on the outside. I'll see if I can stop that. 🍻

20230327_124431.jpg

Last edited:

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
I’m liking your setup more and more. I had something similar in my last car.

75610D30-7A05-4680-86D5-7AB187719C56.jpeg

JC-RH

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT
What type of enclosure did you use?
If you used a prefab, how was fitment?
Did it raise up the level of the trunk floor?
How is the bass compared to rear firing?

Curious to know About. The sound in a hatch since my previous experience was with a traditional trunk.

FYI: Your video doesn’t play.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What type of enclosure did you use?
If you used a prefab, how was fitment?
Did it raise up the level of the trunk floor?
How is the bass compared to rear firing?

Curious to know About. The sound in a hatch since my previous experience was with a traditional trunk.

FYI: Your video doesn’t play.

Thanks!
Nice setup you had.
I built a box so I could get the perfect height to fit under the floor...as well as meet the subs volume specs. I believe it was 14.5x14.5 and 9" deep outer dimensions. The spray foam was the buffer. I trimmed that until I got height perfect. Although my floor does appear raised now because I added weather stripping on the floor edge to get rid of some rattle. Any weight will make it settle to flush.
I think I prefer the sub firing up. Possibly a bit more volume compared to rear.
I edited original post so video should work now

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Yesterday I unplugged the active noise control (speaker engine sounds)..so no more non sense coming through my new sub. Just search how to disable it for the civic. There's a couple youtube videos showing how it's done. Only difference is we have a leather piece above the glove compartment that needs to be removed...where on the Civic they have to remove the long vent piece in the dash.
Anyways...happy with my sound. My third brake light rattles on the outside. I'll see if I can stop that. 🍻

20230327_124431.jpg

Nice setup! What is the car like without the faux engine sounds?

OP
OP
Josh2201

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice setup! What is the car like without the faux engine sounds?
Thanks!.
I don't notice any difference. I always drive individual mode, I never really heard the engine sounds before. But it was loud and obnoxious with the new sub.