• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Catching under the front lip

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Who else has been dealing with this? I don't know if its the same under the other trims, but the Type S has a terribly annoying 90 degree geometric feature under the front lip that's perpindicular to the car that juts out like 2 inches in front of the wheels, making it catch driveway aprons and road entrance ways that have any sort of incline. picture attached for those curious.

because it's a perpendicular feature i'm assuming that if you catch it hard enough it can rip out the plastic clips that hold it in. my driveway in particular is really problematic due to the topography of my yard and the steep crowning of the road (making almost a V) so i just paid a ton of money to an asphalt company to come dig up the front half of my driveway to re-grade it and re-pave it, as i was having to drive across my front yard to use my neighbor's driveway as his is nice and flat.

they did the work yesterday and it still isn't graded enough to keep that surface from catching :mad: it's a lot closer now so the owner is going to come back later today to drop a bit more asphalt at the apron entrance and extend it a few more inches into the road. still... what a fuckin headache. i'm honestly tempted to get under the car with a grinder or dremel and shave down the problem piece lol

20240220_102327.jpg

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
Save you the trouble & just keep driving and the asphalt/cement will grind it down for you 😂
yeah that or it rips out the plastic clips that now hold 90% of modern cars together and it costs 11 thousand dollars in labor at the dealership to get repairedo_O

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
My ITS has slowly graded down parts of my gravel driveway, especially the hump in the middle, so yes, that part on my car is also wearing down. 😞

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
yeah that or it rips out the plastic clips that now hold 90% of modern cars together and it costs 11 thousand dollars in labor at the dealership to get repairedo_O
About 8 plastic clips and 7 rubber tabs and she’s off.

In all seriousness it will be fine, had it on the 10th gen civic too on lower springs (than my integra) and was never an issue in regards to ripping off just a painful sounding scrap lol, but it’s also easy to remove from under the car

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I removed mine completely for same reason. Comes off in about 5 minutes. Couple of screws and clips if I remember correctly. very small lip.

Now I only scrpe on the little flap that hangs down in front of each wheel, LOL.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I removed mine completely for same reason. Comes off in about 5 minutes. Couple of screws and clips if I remember correctly. very small lip.

Now I only scrpe on the little flap that hangs down in front of each wheel, LOL.
yeah good to know, i was actually gonna ask about taking them off, but it seems that will just defer the point of contact to those other flaps.

i honestly dont want to remove them or cut them down if possible- correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm guessing the point of them is that air redirected under the car that hits those surfaces gets redirected again to the sides of the car instead of into your tires where it will meet resistance- basically slight aerodynamics

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
The secondary flaps are close to the tires. if they aren't hitting now, they won't be hitting when you remove the front part. You can just leave the front strip on there and live with scraping it all the time, or take it off. I doubt we'll ever be able to tell a difference one way or the other as far as aero goes.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
I had to make custom wood ramps for my driveway to prevent having to redo my driveway… that was for a Porsche GT4 that was quite low. The ITS catches that same spot and I’ve just been slowly shaving it down :) sounds bad but don’t really care.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Glad I'm not alone! LOL. When I dropped the car I had to nix the front lip thingy. My driveway is perfectly flat, but the transition to the road is curb height with just a hair of slope, so it's like you drop 6 inches in about 6 or 7 inches.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
yup, I have to add boards at the bottom of the 8 inch wheel ramps I use so it doesn't rip that lip off.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I had to make custom wood ramps for my driveway to prevent having to redo my driveway… that was for a Porsche GT4 that was quite low. The ITS catches that same spot and I’ve just been slowly shaving it down :) sounds bad but don’t really care.
i wish i had porsche money

*weeps*