• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Catching under the front lip

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
If you have the common rolled curb, try these:

https://www.bridjit.com/
yeah i'm aware of those- in fact i already had one. i dont have a rolled curb though, as that's what they're specifically made for. my driveway entrance and the banking of the road make a pretty sharp 'V' and these aren't made for that. i got one anyway a couple years ago to see if it would help, and it was JUST enough to keep my Si coupe from catching, but no dice on the ITS as its longer.

Last edited:

slo_its

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ITS
Just saw this thread. I've been having this problem coming out of some parking lots. Every time I'm worried it's the bottom of the front bumper but so far it's this lip. This is the only thing holding me back from lowering the car. If I lower it, I feel like I'd just scrape the bumper instead.

This car is longer than the CTR by a fair bit. Definitely big part of it is the pointy nose.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
yeah i'm aware of those- in fact i already had one. i dont have a rolled curb though, as that's what they're specifically made for. my driveway entrance and the banking of the road make a pretty sharp 'V' and these aren't made for that. i got one anyway a couple years ago to see if it would help, and it was JUST enough to keep my Si coupe from catching, but no dice on the ITS as its longer.
I have the same issue with my driveway.

Glad to find out I am not the only one though. It certainly hurt hearing that scrape backing into my garage first time I brought the car home even though I backed in at an angle. I don't always scrape but I need to get the angle ***just right***

It's going to be a rough go if I ever lower the car but I've seen some homes put a 1.5' steel plate to bridge the gap. I'm curious if this would help but I think the back end of the car would still be up on the incline pitching the front nose to scrape regardless.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
I have the same issue with my driveway.

Glad to find out I am not the only one though. It certainly hurt hearing that scrape backing into my garage first time I brought the car home even though I backed in at an angle. I don't always scrape but I need to get the angle ***just right***

It's going to be a rough go if I ever lower the car but I've seen some homes put a 1.5' steel plate to bridge the gap. I'm curious if this would help but I think the back end of the car would still be up on the incline pitching the front nose to scrape regardless.
yeah i thought about getting a steel bridge as well but i didn't want a slippery piece of steel at the end of the driveway, i figured it was worth paying the cost to get the driveway permanently fixed properly

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
yeah i thought about getting a steel bridge as well but i didn't want a slippery piece of steel at the end of the driveway, i figured it was worth paying the cost to get the driveway permanently fixed properly
unfortunately my driveway isn't that long and my house sits high relatively to the street that regarding isn't really an option.

OP
OP
SlippyFist

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
unfortunately my driveway isn't that long and my house sits high relatively to the street that regarding isn't really an option.
how short is your driveway? they don't need to dig up the whole thing, they literally only need to go back like 20 feet or so

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
how short is your driveway? they don't need to dig up the whole thing, they literally only need to go back like 20 feet or so
pfft like 25 feet probably? Just enough to park a truck before it's sidewalk.

Either way that's more than what we want to do right now - maybe explore it as we're thinking of demolishing our house and building a new one