• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buzzing sound under throttle [cross posted under Engine as well]

BluePAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F-150 Lightning, Integra Type S
I've noticed a buzzing sound while under throttle in my ITS. I've found on a CTR forum someone who posted about having the same issue and posted a video of the sound (linked below). Although seemingly there wasn't a definitive answer of if it was normal or not. Does anyone else notice the sound or should I bring it into the dealer?

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/buzzing-sound-when-accelerating.64122/

Justryin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan Altima 2006
Iā€™ve noticed something odd if holding around 3k rpm ill see if i can replicate it not sure. I believe the motor timing changes when letting off the gas im thinking its something with that but im no mechanic

Wilber158

First Name
Wilber
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
I have the same noise as well, Iā€™m currently in the middle of trying to get the dealer to figure it out. Iā€™m 90% certain that itā€™s the speaker thatā€™s having the issue. For me itā€™s the passenger side. Dealer wonā€™t budge though claiming they canā€™t replicate it.

Do you have any updates?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
There are many, many threads on this topic. The consensus is that it's the electronic wastegate actuator, and the noise is very common with the K20C engines and apparently is very normal.

This thread has a video where it is duplicated in the best way I've seen. The guy put a microphone IN THE ENGINE BAY. Lots of extra valvetrain noise but you can clearly hear the "cymbal" noise as some folks have described it:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/waste-gate-rattle-noise.52416/

Some folks claim they've never heard the noise, some folks claim they have 30k+ miles on their FK8 and it still makes the noise. Personally, I noticed my car making this noise about 200 miles in, and it drove me nuts for a couple weeks until I just didn't notice it anymore. I can still duplicate it occasionally but I think it's gotten quieter over time... or I mentally just tuned it out.

Dealers likely won't be able to help at all because the noise is hard to replicate for anyone who doesn't drive the car every day, and if it is the wastegate they'll tell you it's normal.

Wilber158

First Name
Wilber
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
There are many, many threads on this topic. The consensus is that it's the electronic wastegate actuator, and the noise is very common with the K20C engines and apparently is very normal.

This thread has a video where it is duplicated in the best way I've seen. The guy put a microphone IN THE ENGINE BAY. Lots of extra valvetrain noise but you can clearly hear the "cymbal" noise as some folks have described it:

https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/waste-gate-rattle-noise.52416/

Some folks claim they've never heard the noise, some folks claim they have 30k+ miles on their FK8 and it still makes the noise. Personally, I noticed my car making this noise about 200 miles in, and it drove me nuts for a couple weeks until I just didn't notice it anymore. I can still duplicate it occasionally but I think it's gotten quieter over time... or I mentally just tuned it out.

Dealers likely won't be able to help at all because the noise is hard to replicate for anyone who doesn't drive the car every day, and if it is the wastegate they'll tell you it's normal.
Hey thanks for your input. Youā€™ve put my mind at ease. I compared it with the noise I recorded coming from the speaker and itā€™s the same. Sometimes it just drives me insane, sometimes I donā€™t notice it.

Now I need to fix the rattle in my panel that came after the dealer popped it open to check a different rattleā€¦

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I had buzzing last week. Turns out it was my sunglasses rattling around in the overhead bin. If I put them in one way, it ratttles, flip them around and it's quiet. Just throwing it out there. It also sounded like it was coming from the passenger side.

ST675R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'10 Triumph Street Triple R; '17 VW GTI
I had buzzing last week. Turns out it was my sunglasses rattling around in the overhead bin. If I put them in one way, it ratttles, flip them around and it's quiet. Just throwing it out there. It also sounded like it was coming from the passenger side.
I've had the same rattle and lined the sunglasses holder with felt tape. It didn't really help. Learned that its the actual glasses vibrating and not a vibration against the holder.