• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Build Quality

Soonerfan

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 integra type s
I am getting close to purchasing a new 2024 Integra Type S. I have read about many build quality issues; rattles, panel alignment, and paint defects. Have these issues been addressed on the 2024 models or are they continueing to happen? Thank you for help.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Paint is not as durable compared to Lexus. I would recommend PPF on high risk areas. The only noise I have is the plastic cover by the seatbelt shoulder adjustment and the waste gate. Some felt tap could remedy the seatbelt. As for the wastegate maybe a high temp lubricant compound that could fill some of the void?
Unfortunately the only thing I focus on is the drive. Ripping it in corners and letting the pops rings out. It's just an excellent daily driver.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I think most of those issues mentioned are across all brands, even higher end ones.

Mine arrived in great shape & still really no annoying sounds. Sometimes the interior will buzz a bit on those super cold days - but I also have an aftermarket motor mount, bolt on’s, & tune. No complaints here, but I have seen a lot of others complain on social media. As usual.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
I love the car, but it does have a quality issue. I have the "sticky steering" issue that will require a replacement of the steering rack. It's under warranty, so not a huge deal, but I expect more from Honda.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I love the car, but it does have a quality issue. I have the "sticky steering" issue that will require a replacement of the steering rack. It's under warranty, so not a huge deal, but I expect more from Honda.
You have sticky steering with the Type S? Thought it was just the 1.5.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
No..I don't have a Type-S. I was just commenting on general build quality, not a particular model.
Ok, OP mentioned Type S so wanted to make sure this wasn’t something new. I’d be disappointed if my steering was doing that too. Been there before with GM when rack & pinions were still a thing lol

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
I’d be disappointed if my steering was doing that too. Been there before with GM when rack & pinions were still a thing lol
Yeah...it's disappointing to buy a new car and on day 1 you realize it has a defect...but there are no parts to fix it. I'm getting close to two months of ownership, and no fix in the works.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
No quality issues for me. Some minor rattles which I either remedied myself or have gone away.

Performance wise, the mechanical build is superior. One common issue, however, is some drivers have leaking coolant tank reservoirs. This is easily replaced under warranty.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Yeah...it's disappointing to buy a new car and on day 1 you realize it has a defect...but there are no parts to fix it. I'm getting close to two months of ownership, and no fix in the works.
Or no upgrade to fix the issue from returning I think too, right?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Happy with mine, no issues knock on wood! There's the occasional panel mis-alignments here and there but nothing you can see without inspecting with a fine tooth comb

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
I know the sense of what you're trying to convey with overall build quality, but the sticky steering issue is not relevant to the Type S, as others have mentioned. It's tough to make this correlation to someone considering a Type S.

Also as others have noted, you're not going to find a large discrepancy with this car vs other brands. Yes, early on there were plenty of examples being posted on social media of mismatched paint, panel gaps, etc. that are kind of exclusive to the Integra (including the Type S). My car suffers no such issues but at least two cars I've personally seen (both white) did have fairly obvious paint matching issues that would bother me, admittedly.

Other than these issues that can be avoided by a 5 minute visual inspection before you take delivery, good luck finding any car that is 100% rattle free. The Integra by design is not necessarily up to the standards of say a Lexus (or even TLX...) when it comes to NVH. It's a true sports car, and that's where expectations should be set. That said, it's still a pleasant place to be as long as you don't expect a coffin-quiet cabin.

As for other common topics brought up in the Facebook group (I've long since left that cesspool and I encourage everyone else to do the same... too many idiots that will never even buy the car posting about things they don't like, and INCESSANT comparisons to the Type R):

- wastegate rattle issue is not a build quality issue. It's a design/engineering issue. Yes, it can be annoying (mine has gotten way better over time, and I'm only at 3500 miles), but it's not a life-altering compromise you're going to have to make. Yes I wish I didn't have to train my mind to not fixate on the noise like I did when I first notice it, but it really, really isn't that big a deal.

- coolant reservoir really seems to be the only "common" fault with these cars that have been identified thus far. Mine is perfectly fine, and there are aftermarket options and apparently Honda has stocked up on the reservoirs at least according to my dealer, who claims to have plenty in stock.

Even with issues such as the coolant reservoir, and even the "sticky steering" which I maintain isn't relevant- it's not like other "high end" manufacturers are immune to these sorts of common faults and issues. I could write another 5 paragraphs on the issues I personally have experienced with BMWs. Coolant system faults, subframe issues, blown struts, failed lower ball joints, high-pressure fuel pumps, warping rotors after two laps on a racetrack in an M car, to name just a few off the top of my head.

Two different Porsche Macans I've had have exhibited similar weird noises in the cabin; the first one was the seats not being bolted tightly from the factory, haven't been bothered enough to look into the one I have currently... a 981 Boxster GTS had a failed fan control unit that made the fan blow literally constantly even with the car turned off until I pulled a fuse... a 991.2 911 I had was so noisy in the cabin my wife couldn't stand riding in it on certain sections of pavement and the 305 width OEM rear Michelin PS4s need replacing every 12k miles... the list goes on and on. And these are only things that I've dealt with personally. I've had it easy compared to some other folks that shared their tales of woe on the forums... my point in all this is that it happens, no matter if it's an Acura or a Porsche. God forbid you get an Alfa, McLaren, or Lotus......

The ITS is a great car at a ridiculous value relative to its competition as an enthusiast-focused "driver's car" that can function just as effectively as a daily driver, it's receiving shitloads of awards and accolades at this point just barely 9 months since it was officially announced last April... I think you can give the build quality issues a rest.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Paint is not as durable compared to Lexus. I would recommend PPF on high risk areas. The only noise I have is the plastic cover by the seatbelt shoulder adjustment and the waste gate. Some felt tap could remedy the seatbelt. As for the wastegate maybe a high temp lubricant compound that could fill some of the void?
Unfortunately the only thing I focus on is the drive. Ripping it in corners and letting the pops rings out. It's just an excellent daily driver.
I got the same rattle!🤪

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Let's be real here, it's just a Civic with some lipstick. The good stuff though, MAC or whatever.

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
The Integra by design is not necessarily up to the standards of say a Lexus
I also own a Lexus. My wife drives it. It has its share of rattles, but it's also 6 years old with 92,000 miles on it. It's showing it's age for sure. Doors no longer shut with a solid "thunk". There are a few rattles. But overall, it's still in good condition given that my wife totally abuses a car. I swear she hits pot holes on purpose....she'd certainly never avoid one. Car is on it's third windshield because she follows too closely. The paint on the hood is a constant effort to keep touched up. We've had to put a water pump on it, and a couple of batteries, and a set of brakes...all of those are wear items.

So no car is perfect, even the bastion of quality that is Lexus.