• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Aftermarket gas tank?

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
What would some of you say the odds of a company making a bigger gas tank for our cars?

I’m tired of filling up so often, realistically needs like 5 more gallons to not be a PITA anymore 😓

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
I typically get around 31 mpg and fill up when the range gets down to 25 miles. That's about 325 miles per tank. Not too bad...

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP ITS
I had a Lancer Ralliart Turbo so Im used to refill at very low miles.

Friendly reminder the low fuel light comes on when you have more than 1/4 gas tank left.

Even the range is optimistic.

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7277.jpeg

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
Similar thread over on civicxi. The tank is small because it's a 4 door car with a shitload of storage space. Your only option as someone said is to get a reserve fuel tank like a race car and put it in the trunk.

Good luck with that.

ChromaPop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundai Veloster N; VW GTI's, Mazdaspeed 3, Mini C
What would some of you say the odds of a company making a bigger gas tank for our cars?

I’m tired of filling up so often, realistically needs like 5 more gallons to not be a PITA anymore 😓
For retired owners like myself, or those where this is not a daily commuter car, this small tank that saves weight is just another perfect feature LOL.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
Given the shallow spare tire well on the ITS compared to the non-ITS, I wonder if there is some additional room for enlarging the gas tank? I presume not, but haven't taken a look to see for myself.

In an area where there a lot of hills and windy roads the MPG isn't the greatest even when trying to drive/accelerate slower. I've made it from the gas station home, ~5-10 miles, with green lights the whole way averaging 30+ MPG, but once I drive up the hill out of my neighborhood it drops significantly. Then there's the windy roads that tempt you to push it a little when there's no one else on the road.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I am all for it but don't think it will happen. I currently fill-up every 2 or 3 days.

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
It wasn’t designed for long haul road trips.
the irony of adding a bigger tank is like charging a Tesla with a gas powered generator.

OP
OP

ghostkp

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
the irony of adding a bigger tank is like charging a Tesla with a gas powered generator.
this is not a correct statement at all, if this car was designed for track it wouldn’t have included any of the luxury features and would have literally been a type r with a different body.

Them not having the idea to add a bigger tank so people would be able to drive more than 3-4 days on average between fill ups and sacrifice 50-75 more pounds is a a failure, not feature.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Range anxiety shouldn't be a thing for a ICE setup.