• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What aftermarket mods will void new warranty?

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec w Tech Integra
Anyone know offhand? Is there a concrete list somewhere which defines which mods will void warranty? I know there is a lot of gray area concerning this subject, so anyone who can help better clarify would be appreciated!

ckone2030

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2024 BMW M3 Competition
I have not seen a list like that in this board. My understanding is that jailbreaking the ECU and tuning it will void the warranty. Not sure with other engine mods.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
suspension, intake/cat-back exhaust, wheels, cosmetic stuff all ok. Tuning and power mods likely would void engine and transmission warranty if discovered. Otherwise only things directly affected by the mod in question could be voided....IMO of course.

akoza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Keep in mind some dealers will be A-holes and will try to find any excuse to not honor your warranty (for example, "you added an aftermarket spoiler so we won't replace your camshaft position sensor under warranty"). If that happens to you, find another dealer to work with.

OP
OP

BlackhawkBill

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec w Tech Integra
Understood fellas thank you so much. I'll be making a trip to my local dealer this weekend and see what they see regarding this very same question. It's pleasant to know that I can still do a good deal of mods without the fear of voiding any warranty.