• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
But you're NOT really paying "Acura pricing' for the interior. You're paying for what's a Civic Sport Touring hatch($29,850), with a Si drivetrain and LSD for barely $1500-2000 more. That alone is MORE than worth the price. Hell, even just putting a LSD and Tune on a Civic Sport Hatch would be over $1500, and you still wouldn't have the Si gearing, shifter, suspension, or warranty anymore.
That's not really true though. most people are going to be landing around the $35k mark on an integra. for $35k they could at least put the TLX steering wheel in it. to straight up be like this is a leather civic but it has an acura badge is a problem. at least the ILX was different from the 9th gen.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
That's not really true though. most people are going to be landing around the $35k mark on an integra. for $35k they could at least put the TLX steering wheel in it. to straight up be like this is a leather civic but it has an acura badge is a problem. at least the ILX was different from the 9th gen.
You’re also paying for entirely different sheet metal (only door handles and mirrors carry over) with full LED lights. And at an Amazing bargain over the German crap!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
for $35k they could at least put the TLX steering wheel in it. to straight up be like this is a leather civic but it has an acura badge is a problem. at least the ILX was different from the 9th gen.
Definitely agree on the steering wheel. The TLX Aspec steering wheel looks great and super comfy. I’m hoping that this was just a pre-production thing and the real car will have the Acura style and materials.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
for $35k they could at least put the TLX steering wheel in it. to straight up be like this is a leather civic but it has an acura badge is a problem. at least the ILX was different from the 9th gen.
I agree here. For better or worse the ILX had a similar Interior to what other Acura's had at the time. Yes. There were stuff taken out of the Civic such as the vent placement,glove box area and window switches but for the most part it looked like an Acura. The similarities to a Civic wasn't obvious and I had to pull up pictures from a 9th gen and ILX to find them. On the 2022 application there isn't much to differentiate or take it to the next step design wise over the Civic other than the seats. In some ways it's designed worse than the Civic. For example the inclusion of gloss black there there was a scratch resistant material and the big piece of plastic breaking up the honeycomb grill. I would have liked to see a baby TLX interior with Civic bits thrown in more like an ILX. Hyundai and Kia can make significant changes both exterior and interior for what is essentially the same vehicle at a similar price. Idk why we are accepting of less from Acura/Honda.

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
You’re also paying for entirely different sheet metal (only door handles and mirrors carry over) with full LED lights. And at an Amazing bargain over the German crap!
I think there's a lot of Acura/Honda rose colored glasses being worn over here. At the dealer, you'll be lucky to get a base Integra for $35K for what is (basically) a slightly spruced up econobox.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I think there's a lot of Acura/Honda rose colored glasses being worn over here. At the dealer, you'll be lucky to get a base Integra for $35K for what is (basically) a slightly spruced up econobox.
Just keeping it real and realistic. Don’t want to let the closet german fanbois and their simplistic views of reality to get too out of hand. They need to take their circle jerks and poor self images elsewhere. Ya feel me?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Well thats up to the moron paying markup.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Then they are getting the A-Spec. I'm still not seeing your point. If you want them to make a full new interior for it then they would be paying more like 37-39K and still NOT be a Type-S. Then people would be bitching it costs to much in general.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Then they are getting the A-Spec. I'm still not seeing your point. If you want them to make a full new interior for it then they would be paying more like 37-39K and still NOT be a Type-S. Then people would be bitching it costs to much in general.
my point is just what someone mentioned above. i'd hope it's a cross between being the civic and tlx, give me the TLX wheel, vents, and seats, and keep the rest the civic and it'd be acura enough. but this prototype is just 100% civic. I don't think that'd be an insane amount of R&D especially since the wheel and seats would basically be a parts swap from acura's end.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
my point is just what someone mentioned above. i'd hope it's a cross between being the civic and tlx, give me the TLX wheel, vents, and seats, and keep the rest the civic and it'd be acura enough. but this prototype is just 100% civic. I don't think that'd be an insane amount of R&D especially since the wheel and seats would basically be a parts swap from acura's end.
Interior's definitely disappointing to me, and just gives haters yet another "it's just a civic" talking point, but not a deal breaker for me. If anything, it's nice because at least the infotainment will be touchscreen instead of the touchpad. My bigger issue is that it seems like Acura's cutting corners and cutting costs for a product that's supposed to have been in development for ~7ish years. Definitely doesn't give me much confidence about their brand image and future.

Again, we'll just have to wait and see what it all adds up to.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
If you genuinely think that (instead of making shit up), you may be hallucinating.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
You're also assuming the TLX seats FIT in the Integra without having to redesign the center console. Or dont have a higher base that would require they have to sink the floor to fit it and stay the same seat height.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I don't see how this prototype is 100% Civic. The steering wheel's straight out of a Civic but the vents and seats are different.
It's not easy to simply swap in the TLX seats in the Integra. They'd need to modify it and then get it certified for all the different safety regulations and stuff.
Keeping the Civic seat frame and covering it up with Acura's seat design would be a lot easier. Which is exactly what they did here.

I do agree that they shouldn't have used the same steering wheel tho.
Sharing interior parts is actually pretty common. Sharing the whole steering wheel isn't.
They should have at least changed the airbag cover thing like Buick/Chevy.

Last edited:

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I don't see how this prototype is 100% Civic. The steering wheel's straight out of a Civic but the vents and seats are different.
It's not easy to simply swap in the TLX seats in the Integra. They'd need to modify it and then get it certified for all the different safety regulations and stuff.
Keeping the Civic seat frame and covering it up with Acura's seat design would be a lot easier. Which is exactly what they did here.

I do agree that they shouldn't have used the same steering wheel tho.
Sharing interior parts are pretty common. Sharing the whole steering wheel isn't.
They should have at least changed the airbag cover thing like Buick/Chevy.
I mean it's like 90% Civic. The shifter, The Center Console, The infotainment Screen, The door Panels are 90% Civic. Even the stitching on the armrest is the same as the Civic. The vents are the same design only broken up by plastic. The Switches, Dials, and HVAC along with placement are the same. The rear seat is 100% civic. The main differences I see are the seats, the grey plastic trim, the design they did above that trim, metal-looking speaker covers.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I mean it's like 90% Civic. The shifter, The Center Console, The infotainment Screen, The door Panels are 90% Civic. Even the stitching on the armrest is the same as the Civic. The vents are the same design only broken up by plastic. The Switches, Dials, and HVAC along with placement are the same. The rear seat is 100% civic. The main differences I see are the seats, the grey plastic trim, the design they did above that trim, metal-looking speaker covers.
People see what they want to see.