• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I plan to drop $40k on my next car and what i'm seeing on this integra doesn't even make it a $30k car right now.
Thats the dumbest thing I've read yet. Name another entry luxury car with 200+ HP and 30K. I'll sit here and wait for you to tell me why the Civic ST isn't a 29.8K car then.... because for the 2k more youre getting a LOT of upgrades in the Integra

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
Thats the dumbest thing I've read yet. Name another entry luxury car with 200+ HP and 30K. I'll sit here and wait for you to tell me why the Civic ST isn't a 29.8K car then.... because for the 2k more youre getting a LOT of upgrades in the Integra
Does the 2.5 Turbo Mazda 3 Hatchback count? Much better interior, AWD, not a CVT, 250 HP, and it starts at 31.5k.

Cramped in the back, less cargo space, poor visibility from the back, and uses a dial knob instead of a touchscreen infotainment, but I think the first three points more than make up for it.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
At the end of the test drive all that’s going to matter to me is do I feel like I’m in an Acura or not.

If not, they’ll probably still get me into a base model since it’s essentially a nicer Si hatch.

If it feels like an Acura, and I can get out the door under 50k CAD, then they’ll probably get me into a Type S.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Does the 2.5 Turbo Mazda 3 Hatchback count? Much better interior, AWD, not a CVT, 250 HP, and it starts at 31.5k.

Cramped in the back, less cargo space, poor visibility from the back, and uses a dial knob instead of a touchscreen infotainment, but I think the first three points more than make up for it.
What does the Integra offer that a consumer that Mazda 3 doesn't. More fuel economy? It should as it has a smaller less powerful engine. More storage? Maybe better handling as the Mazda has taken a more luxury oriented route? The only other component I can think of is better technology.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I mean the issue is Acura is the one who pinned themselves to make it $30k vs $33-35k. I'm sorry but a 2 series or an a3 don't cost much more than the integra. 2 series nets you 250 hp and an a3 will at least get you awd with 200hp. I'm not on here trying to bash acura, i'm saying peoples disappointments in what acura is giving us after the hype are quite valid. They're trying to sell a civic with an acura badge and that's it, and that's cause for concern because its the exact opposite of what acura has been promising by "reviving the brand"

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

I've literally made the same comparison on this forums, not doing it a 3rd time.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I've literally made the same comparison on this forums, not doing it a 3rd time.
Because I'm supposed to have read every single post you've written? I named an entry luxury car with more than 200+ HP and 30K.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Because I'm supposed to have read every single post you've written? I named an entry luxury car with more than 200+ HP and 30K.
Mazda is not a luxury brand (yet).
Mazda 3's interior is best in the class, no doubt, but it's still a mainstream brand.
I wonder what will happen to the 3 when their new RWD models come out. Major refresh?
Slowly becoming a luxury brand is an interesting strategy. I have high hopes for the next gen 6.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Mazda 3's interior is best in the class, no doubt, but it's still a mainstream brand.
I wonder what will happen to the 3 when their new RWD models come out. Major refresh?
Slowly becoming a luxury brand is an interesting strategy. I have high hopes for the next gen 6.
With the 3 I hope they keep the formula the same really. I would just make it bigger since the 6 would be going rwd. I took a look at one today the backseat was small, and the boot was small even with the hatch. A updated version but a a little bigger would be perfect for many.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
With the 3 I hope they keep the formula the same really. I would just make it bigger since the 6 would be going rwd. I took a look at one today the backseat was small, and the boot was small even with the hatch. A updated version but a a little bigger would be perfect for many.
It's a great package. It's still new so sadly they can't do redesign just yet.
I hope they get rid of the torsion beam for the next gen tho. That's really the only thing that I don't like about the current one.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
I think that speaks worse for Acura than it does for Mazda...

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I think that speaks worse for Acura than it does for Mazda...
What's that say for the A3 and 2 series people hold Acura to then? they are even worse off in the comparison as they cost thousands more, have less power and don't come with AWD under 36K.

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I mean the issue is Acura is the one who pinned themselves to make it $30k vs $33-35k. I'm sorry but a 2 series or an a3 don't cost much more than the integra. 2 series nets you 250 hp and an a3 will at least get you awd with 200hp. I'm not on here trying to bash acura, i'm saying peoples disappointments in what acura is giving us after the hype are quite valid. They're trying to sell a civic with an acura badge and that's it, and that's cause for concern because its the exact opposite of what acura has been promising by "reviving the brand"
I find it interesting my original post to this is now missing......

A3 starts at 34,800, 12% more than the Integra, and AWD starts at 36,800, that's more than 20% more than the base integra. So, wrong on that pricing. 20% more is a BIG jump.

The 2 Series starts at $35,700, also about 20% more, does NOT have AWD standard, and is NOT 250HP, its 228.

In both cases you are likely to be able to get an A-Spec Integra, MAYBE the Tech package too, for the same/less than the BASE models you are comparing to.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Is it likely to feel like you’re in an Acura based on the prototype interior? I don’t think so.

Is it likely to be a great car and a decent value? I think so.

If they put in an Acura steering wheel, red on white gauges, changed the driving mode selector/prk brk to look like a smaller version from the other Acuras, swapped the piano black console for the same material as the TLX, and added some more metal to the dash, would that fee like an Acura? Enough.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Is it likely to feel like you’re in an Acura based on the prototype interior? I don’t think so.

Is it likely to be a great car and a decent value? I think so.

If they put in an Acura steering wheel, red on white gauges, changed the driving mode selector/prk brk to look like a smaller version from the other Acuras, swapped the piano black console for the same material as the TLX, and added some more metal to the dash, would that fee like an Acura? Enough.
Gauges are digital so they won’t have the white gauges.