• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I mean it's like 90% Civic. The shifter, The Center Console, The infotainment Screen, The door Panels are 90% Civic. Even the stitching on the armrest is the same as the Civic. The vents are the same design only broken up by plastic. The Switches, Dials, and HVAC along with placement are the same. The rear seat is 100% civic. The main differences I see are the seats, the grey plastic trim, the design they did above that trim, metal-looking speaker covers.
I’ve mentioned it before but a big part of the Honda to Acura upgrades come in unseen places. ELS Audio, multi setting power seats with lumbar. Likely some extra NVH padding/acoustic windshield.

so I can see why some complain since on surface level it doesn’t seem like you are getting the extra luxury, but for me personally it’s definitely there just unseen

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I mean it's like 90% Civic. The shifter, The Center Console, The infotainment Screen, The door Panels are 90% Civic. Even the stitching on the armrest is the same as the Civic. The vents are the same design only broken up by plastic. The Switches, Dials, and HVAC along with placement are the same. The rear seat is 100% civic. The main differences I see are the seats, the grey plastic trim, the design they did above that trim, metal-looking speaker covers.
And a 50k+ Infiniti Q50 still has TONS of Altima and Maxima parts in it. my 52K Mustang has shared parts with a Focus and Fusion.

What's your point? Your implying any of those things are BAD and no, they are not. You want them changed? then you must also be 100% okay with a 35k starting price, right? because everything you are pointing out increases cost.

I can understand wanting the TLX wheel, and maybe it IS swappable, but really, who cares? Its also possible that the function count ON the wheels are different which would mean designing a whole new set of buttons for the wheel controls, something they didn't wanna spend money on. Neither are a flat bottom so far as i'm concerned BOTH are equally bad.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
And a 50k+ Infiniti Q50 still has TONS of Altima and Maxima parts in it. my 52K Mustang has shared parts with a Focus and Fusion.

What's your point? Your implying any of those things are BAD and no, they are not. You want them changed? then you must also be 100% okay with a 35k starting price, right? because everything you are pointing out increases cost.

I can understand wanting the TLX wheel, and maybe it IS swappable, but really, who cares? Its also possible that the function count ON the wheels are different which would mean designing a whole new set of buttons for the wheel controls, something they didn't wanna spend money on. Neither are a flat bottom so far as i'm concerned BOTH are equally bad.
I don't think you were understanding my argument. I'm not saying that sharing parts or a platform is a bad thing. Let's use your examples sure a mustang and fusion might share parts but they're different design elements that set the two apart. Same with the Infiniti and Altima. Both may use similar parts but look completely different. The Audi A3 a competitor to the Integra has a completely different interior design from an Golf/Jetta. Heck my 2000 Toyota Avalon has a different interior design than a top of the line V6 Camry of the time. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a more different interior than a Civic. It can probably be done for similar money too. Which is my whole point. If you're selling a Luxury/premium vehicle, average people will notice that the Integra interior is quite similar to the mainstream Civic they just test drove down the street. You need to differentiate. Do you think a Lexus Es would sell if the interior looks 90% like a V6 Camry. The current Avalon is basically that and is being discontinued becuase of it.

Attachments

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
I don’t see how you could notice down to the stitching the arm rests are the same, but simultaneously miss that the vent design isn’t the same as the one in the civic. It’s not honeycomb; they’re diamonds (like the grille). It’s nit picky, but if we’re gonna mention stitching we might as well get it all right

seen lots of news outlets incorrectly report that as well.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
I don’t see how you could notice down to the stitching the arm rests are the same, but simultaneously miss that the vent design isn’t the same as the one in the civic. It’s not honeycomb; they’re diamonds (like the grille). It’s nit picky, but if we’re gonna mention stitching we might as well get it all right

seen lots of news outlets incorrectly report that as well.
I'm just one guy. I literally pulled up a picture of them side by side and looked for differences. The stitching was easy to find for me. If you think that Acura changing the design from a 6 sided shape to a 4 sided shape is a massive difference than more power to you. The point I'm trying to make is simply a high percentage of Civic parts are shared in Acura's luxury sport back and I think they should have differentiated more. That's my argument

Attachments

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I don't think you were understanding my argument. I'm not saying that sharing parts or a platform is a bad thing. Let's use your examples sure a mustang and fusion might share parts but they're different design elements that set the two apart. Same with the Infiniti and Altima. Both may use similar parts but look completely different. The Audi A3 a competitor to the Integra has a completely different interior design from an Golf/Jetta. Heck my 2000 Toyota Avalon has a different interior design than a top of the line V6 Camry of the time. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a more different interior than a Civic. It can probably be done for similar money too. Which is my whole point. If you're selling a Luxury/premium vehicle, average people will notice that the Integra interior is quite similar to the mainstream Civic they just test drove down the street. You need to differentiate. Do you think a Lexus Es would sell if the interior looks 90% like a V6 Camry. The current Avalon is basically that and is being discontinued becuase of it.

And also starting cost is about 4k more than the Integra is to be. You want to have a different interior then expect to be paying a lot more for it. And Then you'll bitch that the car costs to much.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Personally I think they’re plenty different. Any car will have the same parts here and there. I’m pretty sure the door handle on my 22 Bronco Sport is the same as my 2013 Mustang GT. If you specifically go looking for the same parts you’ll find them on any two cars. But over all the interior looks different. The way the center console swoops to the dash on the passenger side of the integra looks great. Much more sporty than the flat horizontal dash of the civic.

But hey, if you don’t like it because you think it looks the same and would rather buy a civic, more power to ya. It’ll just make my integra easier to get.

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
And also starting cost is about 4k more than the Integra is to be. You want to have a different interior then expect to be paying a lot more for it. And Then you'll bitch that the car costs to much.
Yes because it's an Audi. Because of the badge alone they can get away it. The badge has a certain image so they can offer less for more and people will buy it. I see so many C classes and 3 series without LED lights which is basic. Acura on the other hand has to find different ways to entice people in their cars over the competition. I think Integra which has been in development for 6 years can have a different looking interior than a Civic while not costing an arm and a leg more. Do you think the interior is anymore premium than a Mazda 3?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Yes because it's an Audi. Because of the badge alone they can get away it. The badge has a certain image so they can offer less for more and people will buy it. I see so many C classes and 3 series without LED lights which is basic. Acura on the other hand has to find different ways to entice people in their cars over the competition. I think Integra which has been in development for 6 years can have a different looking interior than a Civic while not costing an arm and a leg more. Do you think the interior is anymore premium than a Mazda 3?
Yes, because having an interior that will only go in their single car and not shared across other trims (like the civics is sedan, hatch, si and R) not going to raise the price? lol

I'm done you really don't know the cost of R&D and having to re-crash test and certify, or added production costs, and it REALLY shows those are thing you don't even consider.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Fact of the matter is this... Acura COULD HAVE cancelled the ILX... and created their own upscale version of the HR-V that's coming... and it would've been a MASSIVE seller in today's CUV crazed market. However, rather than offer a small crossover as their entry point and alienate 95% of car enthusiasts that would rather have a car they have crafted the new Integra (probably also part of the reason they opted for a liftback to maintain the better-than-trunk utility, besides the obvious Integra history reference) despite the fact they know it's going to probably sell far fewer numbers than an Acura HR-V would have. They want to make sure this decision is going to pay off for them which most likely meant cost cutting as much as they could in order to preserve profit margins for the Integra, make this venture feasible, and so that despite lower sales numbers compared to a crossover, they'll still make healthy profit.

R&D, Production variations, safety testing new parts, etc all add to overall cost of a vehicle. Sure, they could've jacked the price up $5k starting and been fine, but they wanted it to be a very attainable entry point for the brand and the lower price point means it'll attract even more buyers. This means they're going to share a lot of pieces and parts with big brother civic that Honda has already footed the bill for.

My personal feelings on the interior are less that it shares so much with the civic, and more just the overall design of what we've seen... the large swathe of gray plastic across the dash taking the place of the civic vents area looks super cheap and just... boring. But given that it's preproduction, I'm hoping the color/texture of this piece may still change (a geometric pattern that mimics the grille design in a glossy metallic graphite color would look nice IMO). It's not a bad interior, it just looks only about 95% finished and in need of some very minor finish tweaks which we may still see on the final version.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I wonder if they might use the wood grains they have in other Acura models instead of plastic on the real car, not usually my thing but I think it would look better than the gray plastic where the honeycomb would normally be

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Yes, because having an interior that will only go in their single car and not shared across other trims (like the civics is sedan, hatch, si and R) not going to raise the price? lol

I'm done you really don't know the cost of R&D and having to re-crash test and certify, or added production costs, and it REALLY shows those are thing you don't even consider.
I'm not asking for a completely new Interior. The Integra interior should be "based on" the new Civic interior. This new one feels copy pasted. Things that the Acuras have like brushed Aluminum/cooper, steering wheel, larger display would make it nicer. Maybe add leatherette and stitching on the dash like a Mazda 3 has. Take out the massive plastic piece on the passenger side and put something else there. Add Ambient lighting and a panaramic roof. The new interior doesn't visibility look any more premium than Civic Touring although it may have better NVH or features that you can't see. Again it's probably not crazy expensive to do this. The Civic platform is paid for and used in multiple cars. The performance parts are paid for nothing new or particularly expensive is going in here. All Acura is doing with the new Integra is taking a Civic and designing a new interior and exterior around it so I expected a little more. Y'all are acting like I said the vehicle was trash. I only said that IN MY OPINION I think the interior should have been more upscale.

Last edited:

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
Fact of the matter is this... Acura COULD HAVE cancelled the ILX... and created their own upscale version of the HR-V that's coming... and it would've been a MASSIVE seller in today's CUV crazed market. .
Tbh. They should make an upscale HRV and sell it. It only means better sedans and liftbacks for us. There is room in the lineup for both an Integra and CDX imo

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I plan to drop $40k on my next car and what i'm seeing on this integra doesn't even make it a $30k car right now.