• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Is it likely to feel like you’re in an Acura based on the prototype interior? I don’t think so.

Is it likely to be a great car and a decent value? I think so.

If they put in an Acura steering wheel, red on white gauges, changed the driving mode selector/prk brk to look like a smaller version from the other Acuras, swapped the piano black console for the same material as the TLX, and added some more metal to the dash, would that fee like an Acura? Enough.
This! I think the issue is that for those who just want an Si with leather, this is perfect. but for those of us who wanted an Acura, in it's current form, it is not. Is it a bad car, no it's just not an acura or an integra, it's an Si with a CVT.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
This! I think the issue is that for those who just want an Si with leather, this is perfect. but for those of us who wanted an Acura, in it's current form, it is not. Is it a bad car, no it's just not an acura or an integra, it's an Si with a CVT.
Its a Honda with a slightly nicer Honda interior which is literally what Acura IS.... I don't know WHY anyone expected more. Just because others got THEIR hopes to high doesn't mean it a bad car, just makes your expectations wrong. Don't like it? get a TLX or another car.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring - Sonic Gray Pearl
Its a Honda with a slightly nicer Honda interior which is literally what Acura IS.... I don't know WHY anyone expected more. Just because others got THEIR hopes to high doesn't mean it a bad car, just makes your expectations wrong. Don't like it? get a TLX or another car.
We expected more because of what Acura has been saying since the revised RDX came out. They were going to better differentiate Acura (wood was real wood, metal was real metal, the RDX was a "new platform", the TLX received a DWB front suspension, etc.). Maybe you missed those discussions?

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
We expected more because of what Acura has been saying since the revised RDX came out. They were going to better differentiate Acura (wood was real wood, metal was real metal, the RDX was a "new platform", the TLX received a DWB front suspension, etc.). Maybe you missed those discussions?
All the sheet metal is new, its a lift back and not a hatch, its better/different materials than in the Civic, it's the only luxury hatch in the segment, it's the ONLY manual in the entry luxury segment, its the cheapest car in the segment. People seem to be expecting MUCH larger changes, but then would also bitch when those changes would mean 34-36k STARTING and complain "well its just a Civic Si with a nice interior".

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All the sheet metal is new, its a lift back and not a hatch, its better/different materials than in the Civic, it's the only luxury hatch in the segment, it's the ONLY manual in the entry luxury segment, its the cheapest car in the segment. People seem to be expecting MUCH larger changes, but then would also bitch when those changes would mean 34-36k STARTING and complain "well its just a Civic Si with a nice interior".
I don't think changing the interior to match the design of the RDX/TLX would raise the price $4,000, since they could just use the parts out of the RDX parts bin, rather than the Civic parts pin. Also, they already are using the 8DCT in the CDX, so how expensive is it to put it into the Acura? I don't see these changes as pushing the price that high, since they are existing parts being produced. Maybe $1000 total ($31 vs $30 and well worth the extra money). Reviving the Integra name to essentially make an Acura Civic just plain sucks.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I don't think changing the interior to match the design of the RDX/TLX would raise the price $4,000, since they could just use the parts out of the RDX parts bin, rather than the Civic parts pin. Also, they already are using the 8DCT in the CDX, so how expensive is it to put it into the Acura? I don't see these changes as pushing the price that high, since they are existing parts being produced. Maybe $1000 total ($31 vs $30 and well worth the extra money). Reviving the Integra name to essentially make an Acura Civic just plain sucks.
You are greatly assuming those parts FIT and don't needs ANY change to the part or what they connect to for them to fit. The 8DCT also may not give the MPG they are hoping to achieve in the base model to meet AFE standards. I mean let be real, you clearly have NO idea how much the prices would change let alone any changes needed for tooling.

The revived the Integra to be what the Integra always was.... Yeah, no shit.

Hondu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You are greatly assuming those parts FIT and don't needs ANY change to the part or what they connect to for them to fit. The 8DCT also may not give the MPG they are hoping to achieve in the base model to meet AFE standards. I mean let be real, you clearly have NO idea how much the prices would change let alone any changes needed for tooling.

The revived the Integra to be what the Integra always was.... Yeah, no shit.
Good luck with your Integra purchase.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Certification process doesn't work like that. It's just not possible to simply reuse the same parts from different models in the line up.
Actually there are a lot of newly designed interior parts that are specific to the Integra.
I just wish they were a little more "Acura" tho. If they had to design something new, why not just make it look more like the ones in TLX/RDX?

Last edited:

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
Hyundai's interpretation of "around $30K" was $33K. Can't wait to find out what Acura's is. lol
Really with how the world has changed just in the last few months, 33k wouldn't amaze me much.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
$33 K would be a hell of a bargain given that a less than full-loaded Audi A3 FRONT WHEEL DRIVE is nearly $43 K. ?

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
What's that say for the A3 and 2 series people hold Acura to then? they are even worse off in the comparison as they cost thousands more, have less power and don't come with AWD under 36K.
I wasn't looking at those cars and I haven't researched what else they offer, so I don't really have any opinions on them. I know Acura/Honda doesn't go big on the numbers and their cars simply feel good and are fun to drive, so I'll just wait and see what happens.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
One major difference between the Integra and its rivals (luxury or not) is the size of the market.
The new Integra will be sold only in North America, while others are built and sold world wide.
This is an extremely small market even compared to other Acura products since they are at least sold in China and few other markets.
Should Acura use this as an excuse? Absolutely not. They could have done more.
But at least it explains why they tried so hard to find the easy way.