• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL
The thing is the CDX is also trademarked in the US so if that was the case they would use the CDX name instead of paying for a completely new name for a model in the US.
Yea of course. With the current naming structure ,excluding the Integra, there is no reason to change it from CDX. If done right it could take sales from the Lexus UX, Mazda CX-30, Volvo XC40 and whatever the smallest Buick is. I think it's called the GX

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I've been looking at the Mazda 3 too. I'd kill for that interior though. If the integra had something similar, then it'd be an instant buy from me.

Biggest downside imo is the screen which isn't touchscreen and the lack of visibility in the back, but I think I could get used to the screen.
The interior is also very small!

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Acura in China has a vehicle called the CDX which is basically a nicer HRV. Maybe with the new HRV around the corner they could release something that fills that slot for the North American market
Ya Ikeda has been asked about the CDX in NA frequently and just says no plans at this time. Lexus has shown there’s a market here for luxury compact SUV but Acura hasn’t been interested. Not sure if it’s a resource issue or they just don’t think the market wants it enough. Some of both maybe.

That space just got interesting with the new NA-specific HRV being based on the Civic rather than the Jazz/Fit. The CDX is based on the Jazz/Fit, but an ADX based on the new Civic with a Type S treatment would be very cool.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The thing is the CDX is also trademarked in the US so if that was the case they would use the CDX name instead of paying for a completely new name for a model in the US.
They would probably reuse it unless they felt their compact SUV was sufficiently different from the CDX to rename it… like say on a new platform.
They could’ve easily reused the ILX name but The Force is strong with these marketing people so here we are :)

Reactions: HKF

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I've been looking at the Mazda 3 too. I'd kill for that interior though. If the integra had something similar, then it'd be an instant buy from me.

Biggest downside imo is the screen which isn't touchscreen and the lack of visibility in the back, but I think I could get used to the screen.
Ironically after having spent some more time with the TLX and RDX I’d actually prefer the touchpad system over most out there, Mazda included.

My eyes definitely came off the road less once I understood how to use it, and it’s a lot easier to use on poor road surfaces when you’re bouncing around from pothole to pothole.

pomegranate

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Mazda 3 Hatch
The interior is also very small!
Personally, I think it's fine since it is technically in the compact segment. I think the front seats are fine while the back is more cramped and it even has less cargo space than a civic hatch, but you are getting 250HP and front-biased AWD assuming you get the highest trim.
Ironically after having spent some more time with the TLX and RDX I’d actually prefer the touchpad system over most out there, Mazda included.

My eyes definitely came off the road less once I understood how to use it, and it’s a lot easier to use on poor road surfaces when you’re bouncing around from pothole to pothole.
Yeah, at first the lack of a touchscreen seemed like a deal breaker to me, but after I saw it being used w/ Carplay it didn't seem like a big deal anymore especially not with that interior.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
If this really isn't pre production and this is what it actually is then this is off the table for me. while i've been in a 11th civic an can say it's nice, it is NOT an acura interior and i am not going to pay acura pricing to get a literal honda civic. Right now they've basically done zero to make this car inside or outside different from a civic and i realize that's "part" of the point of an integra, but like c'mon they need to do something.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
If this really isn't pre production and this is what it actually is then this is off the table for me. while i've been in a 11th civic an can say it's nice, it is NOT an acura interior and i am not going to pay acura pricing to get a literal honda civic. Right now they've basically done zero to make this car inside or outside different from a civic and i realize that's "part" of the point of an integra, but like c'mon they need to do something.
I understand your point. The integra has always been a “performance civic” nothing more. You’re getting in the integra a tuned SI engine with a little nicer interior

the top of the line civic touring gets the 9” screen. It’s standard on the integra. The touring civic starts at 30,890
Hence the delineation between the two as an example

I personally love the civic interior.
As far as other options for an entry level. There’s not much in the low 30 price point

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Okay, then B’bye!

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
I understand your point. The integra has always been a “performance civic” nothing more. You’re getting in the integra a tuned SI engine with a little nicer interior

the top of the line civic touring gets the 9” screen. It’s standard on the integra. The touring civic starts at 30,890

As far as other options for an entry level. There’s not much in the low 30 price point
The brain trusts at Audi and BMW sure could NOT accomplish that high quality of interior if forced to come in at this price point! Pathetic!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

Kinda weird to say but I truly think the civic interior is nicer than this pre-production Integra. Might be the white interior trim throwing it off but the plastic doesn’t look good. Was hoping they’d give it the styling lines of the rest of the range.

not gonna lie I’ve come to enjoy ambient lighting so if I can get that I’ll excuse the lesser interior.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
Kinda weird to say but I truly think the civic interior is nicer than this pre-production Integra. Might be the white interior trim throwing it off but the plastic doesn’t look good. Was hoping they’d give it the styling lines of the rest of the range.

not gonna lie I’ve come to enjoy ambient lighting so if I can get that I’ll excuse the lesser interior.
Totally get it
Check my signature
I have a 22 EXL hatchback and I had a 22 A220
I’ve had about 36 cars in the last 21 years. I’ve had them all.
I am a Porsche and Honda guy by nature
I’ve had plenty of Audis and BMWs
Audi and VW can’t figure out an infotainment system.
bmw can’t figure out how to make transmissions that don’t use plastic and thin aluminum lol

every manufacturer has their issues
The civic exl trim is really nice. There is no infotainment system. There’s no OS unless you go the touring trim.
there is always something to complain about.
Take the civic hatchback interior, add a little less piano black. Add the Mercedes mbux OS and a 1.5L turbo with around 210HP. Shave off about 100lbs and 2”. Make sure you have heated seats and usb C outlets

boom. Perfect daily driver. But not for everyone.
There’s a reason the 22 civic is car or the year. If the integra wasn’t coming out I’d have a sporty touring for my daily.
it’s $31k lol that’s peanuts nowadays

RandomHondafan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2000 Toyota Avalon XL

Well the Honda Integra in China has some form of ambient light. Maybe they do the same here

Attachments

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
But you're NOT really paying "Acura pricing' for the interior. You're paying for what's a Civic Sport Touring hatch($29,850), with a Si drivetrain and LSD for barely $1500-2000 more. That alone is MORE than worth the price. Hell, even just putting a LSD and Tune on a Civic Sport Hatch would be over $1500, and you still wouldn't have the Si gearing, shifter, suspension, or warranty anymore.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Well the Honda Integra in China has some form of ambient light. Maybe they do the same here
Fun fact Honda typically give China these things that are based on materials that they are working for on the NA market. Let’s see if this comes.