• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What color Type S do you want/have?

What color is your car or what color are you waiting for?

• Lunar Silver Metallic

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Platinum White Pearl

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Liquid Carbon Metallic

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Majestic Black Pearl

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Apex Blue Pearl

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Performance Red Pearl

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Tiger Eye Pearl

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
I'm extremely curious to know what the distribution of colors is. Scrolling through the forum, certain colors are extremely favored, others non existent, so I was hoping to get a ballpark via an unscientific poll.

I'll only give one guess what my preference is.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
There's a chart circulating around that shows this year's production timeline by color combo, and some have gone into production more than once already--that's part of why some colors may seem favored over others.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
Looking for a Apex blue with ebony interior Noth east area will to fly out

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
Looking for a Apex blue with ebony interior Noth east area will to fly out
Did Elite Acura in SJ sell theirs? I saw it in person a few weeks ago, they had it listed at 5k over MSRP, but were probably willing to deal then and it's still on the lot. I live just a few mins away if you need me to shoot over on your behalf or anything. If anything I snagged mine also locally (different dealership) at 2.5k over MSRP so you can at least push that at a minimum starting point. They have 2 on site right now both blue, one ebony, one orchid.

OP
OP
SilverRocket

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
There's a chart circulating around that shows this year's production timeline by color combo, and some have gone into production more than once already--that's part of why some colors may seem favored over others.
I saw and even commented because someone dropped a rumor from supposedly in Canada the LSM was only going to be 3% of total sales. I find it unbelievable because if they sold 1000 cars that means only 30 will be LSM.

By the looks of it however, might be true because I see so few posts about them.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
i wanted the tiger eye pearl but they only get sent out with the ebony interior, so i grabbed an apex blue pearl with the orchid

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
i wanted the tiger eye pearl but they only get sent out with the ebony interior, so i grabbed an apex blue pearl with the orchid
What? Of the 6 I called about in a 200 mile radius 3x had ebony and 3x had orchid.

Sabot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Hoping to get a lcm with red interior or a lsm. Would love apex blue but I don't like the ebony interior combo nor the orchid (feel as though the orchid won't age well)

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
What? Of the 6 I called about in a 200 mile radius 3x had ebony and 3x had orchid.
i couldn't find a single one no matter how far i searched- EVERY tiger eye pearl had the ebony, EVERY blue had the orchid, EVERY white had the red interior, etc etc- these were the cookie-cutter default configurations sent out by acura. the way the dealership explained it to me, they get allocations based on what they sell, and so i asked the obvious question: so how can you sell a car with a different configuration if you never get sent any in that configuration to sell in the first place? i was told basically it would have to be ordered and made by acura and that was going to be a wait of some unknown amount of months. i was terribly annoyed by this (and honestly, the dealerships really didn't seem very interested in helping me search- one of them even told me they weren't capable of doing a nation-wide search which i know is a fucking lie)

Tw1stedlog1k

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 Competition (R.I.P.), ABP ITS
You know what I'd really like, lunar silver with red interior. I know I said I wouldn't do another silver car (4 in a row!) but I'd make an exception for that combo.

SlippyFist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
You know what I'd really like, lunar silver with red interior. I know I said I wouldn't do another silver car (4 in a row!) but I'd make an exception for that combo.
i really liked the LSM as well but i only wanted the Orchid interior and it's not even an option from Acura itself. it's really baffling what Acura did with the color combo options.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I saw and even commented because someone dropped a rumor from supposedly in Canada the LSM was only going to be 3% of total sales. I find it unbelievable because if they sold 1000 cars that means only 30 will be LSM.

By the looks of it however, might be true because I see so few posts about them.
So a few things to keep in mind--this forum is a pretty small sample set, and while there's been rumor "from an Acura guy" that Lunar Silver will be the rarest color out there, Acura hasn't officially shared what they intend to produce of each color, and they most likely will never share it. A goal's a lot easier to hit if you never put it in writing, ya know?

There are an endless number of hunches around why Acura would make more of one color and less of another, like they stand to make less money on Lunar Silver because it's the only non-premium color, but it probably has more to do with market demand and past sales than anything else. While silver may be a strong seller nationally, it may not be as popular among Acura buyers. Paint availability could be a factor as well. It's anybody's guess.

If you look over on the FL5 side, it's Rallye Red that's hard to come by. Another non-premium color, but one that's popular among performance car-lovers. Trying to make sense of anything Honda/Acura does will just make your head hurt.

OP
OP
SilverRocket

SilverRocket

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LSM ITS
So a few things to keep in mind--this forum is a pretty small sample set, and while there's been rumor "from an Acura guy" that Lunar Silver will be the rarest color out there, Acura hasn't officially shared what they intend to produce of each color, and they most likely will never share it. A goal's a lot easier to hit if you never put it in writing, ya know?

There are an endless number of hunches around why Acura would make more of one color and less of another, like they stand to make less money on Lunar Silver because it's the only non-premium color, but it probably has more to do with market demand and past sales than anything else. While silver may be a strong seller nationally, it may not be as popular among Acura buyers. Paint availability could be a factor as well. It's anybody's guess.

If you look over on the FL5 side, it's Rallye Red that's hard to come by. Another non-premium color, but one that's popular among performance car-lovers. Trying to make sense of anything Honda/Acura does will just make your head hurt.
True, I knew going into this it would be extremely unscientific but it should give a general idea never the less.

I wanted LSM for the fact that my family's first Honda was a Vogue Silver 2000 Civic. Stayed in the family 13 years, I had ownership the last 3 before upgrading to an Si. That thing was so basic, it didn't even have a cassette player and no ABS but it was bulletproof.

10 years into owning the Si and knock on wood it's been equally reliable and fun. While it looks amazing after a wash (Black), after driving for a few minutes on anything but a perfect condition day, it starts to look ratty.

I was smitten by the ITS and knew I wanted one so what better way to pay homage to the car that started my genuine appreciation of the brand.

Bonus factor is that I didn't buy this car to drive it slowly so I'm just another "silver passenger car".

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My ITS was black, and it was an absolute nuisance to keep clean--initially, I thought the flake helped to hide mess, but I think it actually made it stand out more.

Lunar Silver looks GREAT on the ITS!

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
i couldn't find a single one no matter how far i searched- EVERY tiger eye pearl had the ebony, EVERY blue had the orchid, EVERY white had the red interior, etc etc- these were the cookie-cutter default configurations sent out by acura. the way the dealership explained it to me, they get allocations based on what they sell, and so i asked the obvious question: so how can you sell a car with a different configuration if you never get sent any in that configuration to sell in the first place? i was told basically it would have to be ordered and made by acura and that was going to be a wait of some unknown amount of months. i was terribly annoyed by this (and honestly, the dealerships really didn't seem very interested in helping me search- one of them even told me they weren't capable of doing a nation-wide search which i know is a fucking lie)
I just went on Acura's website and searched inventory for TEP with Orchid interior. There are currently 5 with this combination within 100 miles of me (located in South Jersey). Not sure where on the east coast you are.

https://www.acura.com/inventory-res...modelId=DE5G9REW&exterior=YR-651P&interior=OR