• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Track insurance

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
Looking at track insurance for the next SCCA Track night I am going to and with 30% SCCA discount hagerty is $1297 for single night event.. I was like WTF???
checking around and it looks like Opentrack is $347 per event at specific track or $401 monthly for 365 days at 110 tracks..

What other companies are you using and rates?

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
Certain auto insurance companies will cover you at the track IF you are not in "Time Attack" or racing.

Ask if your insurance will cover drivers training/safety course.

I laid down my motorcycle at a trackday. My insurance fixed it up.
USAA

Gregg

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 TEP Teg Type S '87 & '88 CRX Si, '96 Civic EX
While I prefer to support Hagerty due to my relationships with SCCA, I think you will find Lockton’s track day / TT insurance to be a much better deal. That said, I know some folks who have had to make claims against Hagerty & told me how painless the process was. I don’t know of anyone who has made a claim against Lockton (yet).

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
^Just read through the details on the Lockton insurance, but $1300 per event for Hagerty is PROHIBITIVE. In the end they came through. Insurance is never fun, I don't see enough evidence to actively avoid Lockton if it's 1/2 to 1/3 the price and all you ultimately have to do is your own due diligence and advocate for yourself. I had to do that with State Farm for a stolen motorcycle claim, I'm not surprised in the least that you'd have to put up a bit of a fight to get the full payout from a track incident.

egxflash

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
^Just read through the details on the Lockton insurance, but $1300 per event for Hagerty is PROHIBITIVE. In the end they came through. Insurance is never fun, I don't see enough evidence to actively avoid Lockton if it's 1/2 to 1/3 the price and all you ultimately have to do is your own due diligence and advocate for yourself. I had to do that with State Farm for a stolen motorcycle claim, I'm not surprised in the least that you'd have to put up a bit of a fight to get the full payout from a track incident.
Agreed. It's definitely poor practice on Lockton's part but that is a large chasm on pricing between the two.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Last edited:

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I think is was Point by Patrol himself who said get Lockton and that Lockton and Haggerty use the same underwriter. I think people assume that they will just pay out the full amount of insurance less deductible, without regard to the value of the car.

Two things, don't insure the car for more than what it's worth. If you paid more than MSRP then too bad, and keep all receipts for mods.

At the end of the day it's a risk, and more than likely you will not be made whole, especially with a 10% deductible. I'm kind of shocked that the 42k payout they initially offered was not enough to cover the loan remaining. Maybe he did 100% financing?

It's a crappy situation, but you have to be prepared for the fact that you're going to lose a bit of money if you total the car.

As Optronix said, it will likely be a bit painful to deal with the insurance process regardless of who you choose.

I'll still use Lockton. Haggarty is marking up their insurance big time.

evanescent03

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Z06; '24 PWP ITS
That’s a lot for a single evening wow … I wonder if they’re closing claims with some really expensive cars….

insurance is smart. always is painful and after each weekend when I don’t need it I feel like i wasted my money. But damage happens…. (Most) Cars are expensive.

I had a friend file a claim to get his McLaren fixed and it was a breeze. Ben (point by patrol) had to some work but still made out just fine (as mentioned above). Insurance agents/adjusters aren’t there to be your friend which sucks but ….

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Certain auto insurance companies will cover you at the track IF you are not in "Time Attack" or racing.

Ask if your insurance will cover drivers training/safety course.

I laid down my motorcycle at a trackday. My insurance fixed it up.
USAA
Thanks, I have USAA too. I’ll ask this time for the “training/safety course” coverage.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
One of my buddies has USAA and he swears they told him he's covered for track events as long as it's defined as HPDE.

However, I was skeptical so I sat and listened to the call with him, and the customer service rep was thumbing through the policy and had never heard of going to a track for HPDE either, so he literally said, "well, it looks like your covered, I don't see anything preventing it as long as you're not racing"

Honestly that didn't sit well with me, but it's his money, so oh well.

SocalDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 its
One of my buddies has USAA and he swears they told him he's covered for track events as long as it's defined as HPDE.

However, I was skeptical so I sat and listened to the call with him, and the customer service rep was thumbing through the policy and had never heard of going to a track for HPDE either, so he literally said, "well, it looks like your covered, I don't see anything preventing it as long as you're not racing"

Honestly that didn't sit well with me, but it's his money, so oh well.
I was skepitic also.... the damage was not a total loss but if I fixed it on my own, the cost would set back my child support to my ex lol.

I called and told them where I was and what happened. I was asked if I was racing or at a time attack event. No, just a trackday/coaching event.

They also were willing to cover the damage to my leathers and helmet.

BUT!! My rate did go up slightly for the claim.

It has since dropped back down.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
There is no added coverage/package. It is just covered under your policy of coverage
Thanks. I explained to the agent that I was inquiring for coverage when taking a confidence/traiing safety course like my nefews took years ago.
She confirmed that I am covered in an accident. I have attempted to reach out to Lockton as well.