• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear Motor Mount

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Anyone considering installing a rear motor mount? I am looking at the PRL, almost pulled the trigger a few times but am concerned with the increased NVH. I have dogbone inserts on my current car and it created quite a rattle in parts of the RPM range which drives me nuts. That said, would love to limit wheel hop...

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I ordered a PRL unit from Axion. Just waiting for PRL to ramp up production. I have been waiting 3 months.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I ordered a PRL unit from Axion. Just waiting for PRL to ramp up production. I have been waiting 3 months.
Damn, that's a while! I'm surprised no one else had one in stock. I know I need to upgrade the mount as well, but not sure which one yet.

I wish a company would make one like this company called StinkyFab Racing did for my Jeep mounts. They are the best in the biz - a unique hard rubber bushing that doesn't misshapen over time but actually reduces vibration while maintaining the rubber bushing feel. They're incredible.

OP
OP
ZeroGSR

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
It might be faster for me to ask what you haven't ordered yet :) OK, I will install the front pipe without it for now and see how you like it!

I wish a company would make one like this company called StinkyFab Racing did for my Jeep mounts. They are the best in the biz - a unique hard rubber bushing that doesn't misshapen over time but actually reduces vibration while maintaining the rubber bushing feel. They're incredible.
If I am reading this right, you just described the PRL motor mount, at least that's what they were going for. It is EPDM and closer to OEM than the other units using polyurethane.

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It might be faster for me to ask what you haven't ordered yet :) OK, I will install the front pipe without it for now and see how you like it!

If I am reading this right, you just described the PRL motor mount, at least that's what they were going for. It is EPDM not rubber though, but it's closer than the other units using polyurethane.
Sounds similar! Without getting too far off track, I'll attach some screenshot to quell any curiosities or perhaps summon any comparisons/opinions from the more experience group on here, like yourself. Apparently, they call theirs a super soft polyurethane.

IMG_2565.png

IMG_2566.png

IMG_2567.png

IMG_2568.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I'm thinking the PRL with it's OEM EPDM style rubber would be best to minimize NVH. I have a 27won but it was intense.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Anyone installed the PRL rear motor mount yet?

Would installing the rigid collars help reduce the NVH added from an aftermarket rear motor mount?

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
It's interesting to see all the ideas pop up for modifying this car now that it's been in people's hands for a few months.

My philosophy is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm not a fan of throwing parts at a car unless there's a clear and tangible benefit over OEM. For something like motor mounts, you're taking a significant risk at worsening the overall experience of the car to solve a problem that may not actually exist.

I'm all for walking the line of enhanced performance for some minor sacrifice of daily drivability, but I'll continue to maintain that if you're trying to turn an ITS into a drag car, you're barking up the wrong tree. The only other application where I'd see a rear motor mount making a significant improvement would be something like autocross where there is a standing start and launching hard definitely will impact your time... but I've spent a day at an autocross and didn't notice any substantial wheel hop at all.

Is anyone feeling like this is enough of a problem to justify swapping out the motor mounts? I know some of the reviewers had this come up as an issue when they tried to launch the car; maybe it was the conditions, maybe they didn't turn traction control off... but this feels like one of those mods that could take folks down the path of ruining what makes the ITS so appealing in the first place.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
I'm not looking to add noticeable NVH since mine is a street car. However, if a simple motor mount swap improves traction and handling on the street then I'm certainly interested. Would do the softest one which looks to be PRLs.

On FL5s I see mentioned the rigid collars help reduce NVH so am curious if I were to do both if it's possible the collars would help offset any NVH add from the rear mount. I'm not the most chassis knowledgeable so it's merely an idea.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'm not looking to add noticeable NVH since mine is a street car. However, if a simple motor mount swap improves traction and handling on the street then I'm certainly interested. Would do the softest one which looks to be PRLs.

On FL5s I see mentioned the rigid collars help reduce NVH so am curious if I were to do both if it's possible the collars would help offset any NVH add from the rear mount. I'm not the most chassis knowledgeable so it's merely an idea.
Both myself & Integra23 has the PRL RMM & Spoon Rigid Collars but he will very likely beat me to the install & be able to offer feedback sooner. I'm simply strapped for time.

As far as the motor mount, it's just one to swap so if I want to swap back it's no big deal. Will still be fun to compare. But I also plan on tracking in the form of open lapping & time trials. Maybe a little autocross too, but I desire to go faster while pushing the limits. Wheel hop *might* have something to do with tire type & size as well. I didn't notice it on the OEM wheels, but since going down a size/wider & going with Conti All Seasons vs summer tires, I've noticed it was present when pushing in the corners some. Definitely looking forward to putting some more summer rated tires on to compare better.

It seems on the CTR forum that the rigid collars are one of the best upgrades owners have agreed they've done to the car, albeit a little subjective. I plan on doing both mods at the same time since the others just revolve around removing the front bumper & some engine components. The one shop I trust is backed up right now to the point of being unable to answer phones to get a quote. I hate to say it, but if my dealer or Honda sister dealer equivalent is interested installing I'll consider that option as well since it needs an alignment afterwards anyway.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Both myself & Integra23 has the PRL RMM & Spoon Rigid Collars but he will very likely beat me to the install & be able to offer feedback sooner. I'm simply strapped for time.

As far as the motor mount, it's just one to swap so if I want to swap back it's no big deal. Will still be fun to compare. But I also plan on tracking in the form of open lapping & time trials. Maybe a little autocross too, but I desire to go faster while pushing the limits. Wheel hop *might* have something to do with tire type & size as well. I didn't notice it on the OEM wheels, but since going down a size/wider & going with Conti All Seasons vs summer tires, I've noticed it was present when pushing in the corners some. Definitely looking forward to putting some more summer rated tires on to compare better.

It seems on the CTR forum that the rigid collars are one of the best upgrades owners have agreed they've done to the car, albeit a little subjective. I plan on doing both mods at the same time since the others just revolve around removing the front bumper & some engine components. The one shop I trust is backed up right now to the point of being unable to answer phones to get a quote. I hate to say it, but if my dealer or Honda sister dealer equivalent is interested installing I'll consider that option as well since it needs an alignment afterwards anyway.
Sitting on both these too, lol.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Not sure about the rigid collars but I’ve used the hasport rmm 62a and the nvh wasn’t pleasant at all. I’m currently running the PRL and sometimes forget I have a motor mount installed. The PRL is very close to stock feeling. Can someone post a link to these rigid collars.

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
Not sure about the rigid collars but I’ve used the hasport rmm 62a and the nvh wasn’t pleasant at all. I’m currently running the PRL and sometimes forget I have a motor mount installed. The PRL is very close to stock feeling. Can someone post a link to these rigid collars.
There's two options to buy the rigid collars. Spoon and Magic are the brands. Spoon is $460 and Magic is about half that. The Spoon link is just for the rears you'll need the fronts as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325581551991

https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...a-civic-fe1fe2fl1-2022-civic-type-r-fl5-2023/

Review link: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threads/spoon-rigid-collars-installed-on-fl5.51579/

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech

b0nb0n

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 1999 Civic, 1997 Celsior
Used a Hasport 62a rear motor mount in the summer time in my FK7. Removed in winter for comfort and eventually for good. Slightly irritating and induced a good amount of vibration at idle. Driving feel was great as the car was sloppy stock and it had probably a 50hp and 50+tq bump with the Ktuner reflash so it helped put the power down in a proper manner.

ITS stock motor mounts do the job IMO. Not worth it