• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRL Rear Motor Mount Testing vs OEM

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Installed PRL RMM about two weeks ago and did some field testing.
PRL2.jpg

PRL3.jpg

Today we field test the PRL Rear Motor Mount VS OEM mount in three test conditions:
1. IDLE Test - Vibration and noise
2. Cruise driving Test - Vibration and noise
3. Wide open throttle Test - Vibration X,Y,Z Axes

Here are the live testing and results:

Hopefully this video will be helpful for those on the fence concerned with NVH.

Edit: each test was performed three times. I selected the one with the maximum difference and included them into the video.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Can you put all this into layman's terms? I assume the difference was almost imperceptible?

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Can you put all this into layman's terms? I assume the difference was almost imperceptible?
Idle and normal driving: slight increase in NVH, almost imperceptible.

Hard acceleration: greatly reduced vibration; your engine is bouncing around a lot less resulting in putting more power to the road. So that would be the intended result of installing rear engine mounts.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
Idle and normal driving: slight increase in NVH, almost imperceptible.

Hard acceleration: greatly reduced vibration; your engine is bouncing around a lot less resulting in putting more power to the road. So that would be the intended result of installing rear engine mounts.

Thanks for the review & data. Where did you buy your PRL RMM? PRL direct or another distributor? PRL always seems to have them out of stock.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Thanks for the review & data. Where did you buy your PRL RMM? PRL direct or another distributor? PRL always seems to have them out of stock.
bought it from Two Step Performance

“2022+ Honda Civic 1.5T/2023+ Acura Integra Rear Engine Mount Upgrade”

customer support confirmed that these do fit the Integra Type S DE5

SKU: PRL-HC11-RMM
9AD44A47-1CEB-4740-8035-19F2FEAF0677.png

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
@Azkyrie6 this is excellent content, well done. Technical info plus a TL;DR conclusion to back it up. Need you to review more aftermarket parts in this fashion.

What tool or app were you using for measurements?

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
@Azkyrie6 this is excellent content, well done. Technical info plus a TL;DR conclusion to back it up. Need you to review more aftermarket parts in this fashion.

What tool or app were you using for measurements?
thank you. There’s an ITS chat group that expressed concerns with increased NVH with rear motor mounts. Since I was going to purchase I figured I’d make a review to help those on the fence. I have children so definitely wanted something that offers performance with minimal NVH.

PRL made RMM just for that purpose. Overall the shifting and driving feels well balanced and connected between gears; less jerking.

the app I used is Sonic Tools. AnaHertz provides more information but isn’t visually friendly for a video. But between the two apps the results were very close with similar outcomes

nix6speed

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 LCM ITS
thank you. There’s an ITS chat group that expressed concerns with increased NVH with rear motor mounts. Since I was going to purchase I figured I’d make a review to help those on the fence. I have children so definitely wanted something that offers performance with minimal NVH.

PRL made RMM just for that purpose. Overall the shifting and driving feels well balanced and connected between gears; less jerking.

the app I used is Sonic Tools. AnaHertz provides more information but isn’t visually friendly for a video. But between the two apps the results were very close with similar outcomes
This is on the radar so appreciate all of the transparency.

I saw on the FL5 forums you mentioned the NVH has gotten better over time. Was this testing done immediately after install? Only asking to suggest possibly retesting it after you've put some miles on to see if there's a measurable difference. I've heard NVH from RMMs reduces over time regardless of platform and definitely believe it.

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
I had Hasport U70 on my FK8, very little added NHV and mostly went away (or I got used to it) after 500kms.

Hasport sells U62, U70, U88 and U94 for FL5.

Will probably go with this vs the Hasport for the DE5. Car is so smooth, dont want to add any vibration.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
This is on the radar so appreciate all of the transparency.

I saw on the FL5 forums you mentioned the NVH has gotten better over time. Was this testing done immediately after install? Only asking to suggest possibly retesting it after you've put some miles on to see if there's a measurable difference. I've heard NVH from RMMs reduces over time regardless of platform and definitely believe it.
yes testing done before and immediately after install. Three times each and I took the results with the largest delta or change. After two weeks the bushing rubber breaks in more and NVH has improved

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I had Hasport U70 on my FK8, very little added NHV and mostly went away (or I got used to it) after 500kms.

Hasport sells U62, U70, U88 and U94 for FL5.

Will probably go with this vs the Hasport for the DE5. Car is so smooth, dont want to add any vibration.
you are correct. As far as I’m aware only PRL has two separate bushings with a different type of rubber. Although there are stiffer options from others for putting the most rubber to the road
1D3FBE76-51BF-4761-A417-3140E352E077.jpeg

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
you are correct. As far as I’m aware only PRL has two separate bushings with a different type of rubber. Although there are stiffer options from others for putting the most rubber to the road
Question: did you test the PRL RMM recently or some time ago? How cold was it in your part of Colorado when you tested? My one concern now is that winter coming, RMMs will get a lot more stiff.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can you try with the A/C on and at a standstill? My aspec with the sofest 27WON offering had the whole car shaking.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Question: did you test the PRL RMM recently or some time ago? How cold was it in your part of Colorado when you tested? My one concern now is that winter coming, RMMs will get a lot more stiff.
I installed and tested them November 26th. Well into cold winter season in Colorado. Now that I’ve had over two weeks of breaking them in, NVH seems to have improved. But I have not tested them after the break-in, just user experience.
To answer your question, definitely has not gotten stiffer going into December