• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear ended at 3k miles.

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
So question, damage is mostly minor, going through other parties insurance, they've accepted full liability. The shop wants to repaint half the car to best color match (Tiger Eye Pearl) is that normal because it's a pearl? or the way the rear kind of connects to that whole piece. I guess I'm just worried that it's going to look like crap, but they're a very highly rated place. Should I be considering Acura to do the repairs on this?

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I'm not sure Acura's painter of choice will be any better. A reputable place should be fine.

Bummer that this happened to you. Hope it all works out.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
What was damaged? Photos?
Find a local auto body shop that is highly recommended. Make sure it includes a warranty most will do a lifetime on the repair work.

FloArm

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PRP ITS
You will have to paint more than the bumper. They have to blend the paint, at least any good shop would. When I had my car fixed (paint quality issues) through Acura, they painted the entire front drivers side door, half of front fender and half of rear door to blend it. Turned out great, I wouldn’t worry too much.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
The last truck I had was a Tri coat ivory pearl white and i had a very good local shop repaint two of the doors after dent removal - overnight hotel side swipe. They did such a good job that it actually looked better than factory but you could tell that they did a better job also. Lol Ever so slightly & really had to look for it like when you wash/wax it.

OP
OP
Godofelru

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
What was damaged? Photos?
Find a local auto body shop that is highly recommended. Make sure it includes a warranty most will do a lifetime on the repair work.
Appreciate the insight everyone. The damage is isolated to the rear bumper (most of damage to the piano black section, but the actual bumper did sustain damage too so I suspect that's why they have to do more of the car to make it blend in?

They're pretty highly rated, and come with a lifetime warranty on the repairs.

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Thats sucks...But yeah a Acura Dealer would just farm it out to the lowest bidder...God Speed on the repairs

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Appreciate the insight everyone. The damage is isolated to the rear bumper (most of damage to the piano black section, but the actual bumper did sustain damage too so I suspect that's why they have to do more of the car to make it blend in?

I'm not sure I would have them blend into the side of the vehicle. I'd pocket the difference and get a new bumper cover and have them paint only that.

acurax

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type-S
In my experience, shops will include blending on the quote, but if they get a really good match they may end up not blending as much or at all.

sgroll

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra A-Spec Tech 6spd, '18 GTI, 66 Mustang
So question, damage is mostly minor, going through other parties insurance, they've accepted full liability. The shop wants to repaint half the car to best color match (Tiger Eye Pearl) is that normal because it's a pearl? or the way the rear kind of connects to that whole piece. I guess I'm just worried that it's going to look like crap, but they're a very highly rated place. Should I be considering Acura to do the repairs on this?
Sorry to hear. If they are a good shop should be able to blend it. I love that color though. Good luck. I'm still dealing with my assailant's insurance company... 😐

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
From personal experience just 'cause they are an Acura dealer doesn't mean they are good at body work. In the past I found an Acura dealer to be a horrible crook in the body shop area. So I would just find a well recommended body shop.

dima_n

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra

I recently got a nick on the bumper waiting in a high school pick up line in my A-spec. I have the white color and my body shop took the bumper off filled in the nick and did blend as they explained it. They offered to buy a whole new bumper or repair the old as the nick was small. One comment they did make is that the factory Honda bumper was not very expensive for the A-spec at least.