• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PRL Rear Motor Mount Testing vs OEM

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Can you try with the A/C on and at a standstill? My aspec with the sofest 27WON offering had the whole car shaking.
ran a quick test in the garage, not sure if it made a difference. Apologize for kids in the background curious what I was doing

vibration essentially the same as the November 26th test; no increased vibration either as you can hear me crank up thr A/C full blast.

+0.1G I’m noise frequency, but that’s likely from added sound of A/C. Definitely no experience with the whole car shaking at at all with PRL RMM

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 TEP ITS
I appreciate your testing on this. Usually what happens with these is that people are like yeah they're no major NVH, but these are the same people who have 4" exhausts with no cats or resonators with stripped interiors and they're like yeah no this is normal for a street car and there's no drone on the highway either. Then a person buys it and is like wtf this is awful my car rattles, shakes, and if I turn the AC on my significant other won't even sit in the car she's so embarrassed.

I had a solid chromoly steel rear mount on my sentra (330whp/310wtq) and the NVH was pretty noticeable, but once I raised the warm idle ~150 rpms it felt identical to stock. I'm pretty sure we don't have the ability to raise the idle in Hondata so it's nice to know that there's an option out there that might be reasonable for someone who DD's the car.

Speaking personally while I appreciate the test, I'd rather see if someone local with the mod would let me take their car for a spin to really seal the deal because I know firsthand how much a improved RMM improves low speed WOT traction.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Car(s)
23 FL5 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
We are big fans of this mount as well. Compared to many I have a low tolerance of NVH for a street car. We use this mount in our FL5 which makes about 500whp depending on which turbo we have in the car. Over the years I've probably used 6-8 different rear motor mounts from different manufacturers in our community and this one has been my favorite because it gets the job done with very limited NVH.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I appreciate your testing on this. Usually what happens with these is that people are like yeah they're no major NVH, but these are the same people who have 4" exhausts with no cats or resonators with stripped interiors and they're like yeah no this is normal for a street car and there's no drone on the highway either. Then a person buys it and is like wtf this is awful my car rattles, shakes, and if I turn the AC on my significant other won't even sit in the car she's so embarrassed.

I had a solid chromoly steel rear mount on my sentra (330whp/310wtq) and the NVH was pretty noticeable, but once I raised the warm idle ~150 rpms it felt identical to stock. I'm pretty sure we don't have the ability to raise the idle in Hondata so it's nice to know that there's an option out there that might be reasonable for someone who DD's the car.

Speaking personally while I appreciate the test, I'd rather see if someone local with the mod would let me take their car for a spin to really seal the deal because I know firsthand how much a improved RMM improves low speed WOT traction.
Can confirm my car has no bolt-ons or exhausts it's stock. I did test with VSA off(pedal dance) where I would normally get wheel hop 1st through 3rd gears. This mount completely eliminated it. Quick shifting between gears jerkiness has been vastly improved as well.

But as you say, no review is better than trying it out yourself. My wife and children definitely has not noticed any difference :)

We are big fans of this mount as well. Compared to many I have a low tolerance of NVH for a street car. We use this mount in our FL5 which makes about 500whp depending on which turbo we have in the car. Over the years I've probably used 6-8 different rear motor mounts from different manufacturers in our community and this one has been my favorite because it gets the job done with very limited NVH.
The TSP FL5 build has been fun to follow the past few months. Thank you for amazing customer support, best prices and delivering products quickly! (I'm not affiliated with TSP in any way)

PRL mounts definitely get the job done without taking away from street daily driving experience and comfort.

bigmikevegas

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 ABP Integra Type-S
Updating on this mount, installed it today and I can wholeheartedly say that this is the best $180 I've spent on the car so far, why didn't it come like this from the factory?!

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Updating on this mount, installed it today and I can wholeheartedly say that this is the best $180 I've spent on the car so far, why didn't it come like this from the factory?!
Glad you’re enjoying it. Go for some drives and the car should feel very solid with barely any increases in NVH. Also, you’ll notice that after a few weeks the RMM will break in and have even less vibrations

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
Installed this last weekend. Gotta say the first crank had me a bit worried- definitely some additional low frequency resonance when brand new. It’s calmed down a lot over the past week and now the only time I notice any NVH difference is when the car is cold- but I actually like the rumble weirdly enough.

OP
OP

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Installed this last weekend. Gotta say the first crank had me a bit worried- definitely some additional low frequency resonance when brand new. It’s calmed down a lot over the past week and now the only time I notice any NVH difference is when the car is cold- but I actually like the rumble weirdly enough.
Check back in again in another month. But I know what you mean, there is a subtle rumble that feels oddly satisfying lol