• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Paint Defect

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
IMG_0548.jpeg

Hoping to get a second opinion. I dropped my car off at the dealership last week and was told they were going to have an autobody technician come take a look. They are now telling me “the door will be left alone in the interest of corrosion protection and the appearance of the door paint.”

Personally, paint defects like mismatches don’t really bother me too much (my car has them too). But, this protrudes a bit and has a dent-like appearance, which is why it bothers me so much.

Should I just try to live with it or keep trying to get them to fix it? Thanks!

lz23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
z
IMG_0548.jpeg

Hoping to get a second opinion. I dropped my car off at the dealership last week and was told they were going to have an autobody technician come take a look. They are now telling me “the door will be left alone in the interest of corrosion protection and the appearance of the door paint.”

Personally, paint defects like mismatches don’t really bother me too much (my car has them too). But, this protrudes a bit and has a dent-like appearance, which is why it bothers me so much.

That's why I backed out of my deal when the car came in.The mismatched paint on the white is not acceptable on a 30k car let alone a 60k car and as mentioned in a previous post I think there will be alot more people starting to complain about paint issues on the Integra type S.

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's why I backed out of my deal when the car came in.The mismatched paint on the white is not acceptable on a 30k car let alone a 60k car and as mentioned in a previous post I think there will be alot more people starting to complain about paint issues on the Integra type S.
You’re totally right. Admittedly, the excitement got to me as I was given a 1-2 year wait time after I put in my reservation, so when they called two weeks after I jumped on it right away.

You aren’t the one that backed out from a deal with Southview Acura are you? Haha

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
You’re totally right. Admittedly, the excitement got to me as I was given a 1-2 year wait time after I put in my reservation, so when they called two weeks after I jumped on it right away.

You aren’t the one that backed out from a deal with Southview Acura are you? Haha
It's an Edmonton thread, wanna meet up?

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It's an Edmonton thread, wanna meet up?
I’m down, whenever I get my car back! They’ve had it for almost three weeks now over some PPF and ceramic coating issues as well…

Did you get yours from Southview or West Side?

JCJai

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Abarth 500, 2024 Integra Type S
I’m down, whenever I get my car back! They’ve had it for almost three weeks now over some PPF and ceramic coating issues as well…

Did you get yours from Southview or West Side?
Are you the guy with 3M issue @Southview? I've seen it in the shop bay for weeks now.

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Are you the guy with 3M issue @Southview? I've seen it in the shop bay for weeks now.
Yup, that’s my car! Had to leave it for two weeks in a row as they missed a bunch of stuff even after they drew on it with a highlighter.

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
IMG_0548.jpeg

Not saying this is the case by why does the door look like it was dinged or had a chip off and touch up paint filled in the middle/crater?

Can you look closely to see if it’s the same paint with gold flakes or was it touched up? Hard to see from pictures

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Not saying this is the case by why does the door look like it was dinged or had a chip off and touch up paint filled in the middle/crater?

Can you look closely to see if it’s the same paint with gold flakes or was it touched up? Hard to see from pictures
IMG_0572.jpeg

Not flaky on the inside, so it could be touch-up paint. I’ve decided to just live with it. The dealership sent pictures to Acura Canada, so they have my file in case it starts corroding from this area.

There was another paint defect on a flared fender on the same side, which they definitely just filled in with some touch up paint.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
IMG_0572.jpeg

Not flaky on the inside, so it could be touch-up paint. I’ve decided to just live with it. The dealership sent pictures to Acura Canada, so they have my file in case it starts corroding from this area.
That color mismatch definitely looks like touch-up paint to me. That's unfortunate.

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
That's definitely touch up paint in a chip.

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's definitely touch up paint in a chip.
This car was a display model that had 44km on it when I bought it, so I guess it must’ve gotten damaged somehow with all the customers checking it out and stuff. Wish I caught it before purchasing, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the car.

OP
OP
rjvdas

rjvdas

First Name
Richi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Put some miles on her via some canyon runs etc and get a couple of small rock chips elsewhere… then all the bad feelings go away :)
Honestly, you’re totally right. I was going to keep this car stored in the garage every winter as well, but I’ll probably pick up a new set of wheels and tires for the snow now!

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
IMG_0572.jpeg

There was another paint defect on a flared fender on the same side, which they definitely just filled in with some touch up paint.

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg
That clearly looks like touch up paint and human error that knocked a chunk out. Paint defects are usually misapplication of the paint and curing process. You would see clear coat defects, hologram discoloring, blister bubbles etc. This looks more like physically inflicted damage and cover up

You have a legitimate case. All it would take is for them to see you’d be willing to take paint samples and demonstrate they’re two separate types of paint.

Yes they don’t want to repair it because it would involve repainting the entire door panel. But you’re left to foot the bill down the road when more chunks fall off and rusting potentially sets in.

Who knows if warranty would cover it then and repainting years later means the rest of your car would have aged and faded a certain amount.

It’s not an Acura specific quality assurance problem but many manufacturers. You’ve got nothing to lose by pushing your case. The longer you own and drive it only strengthens their case that it’s owner inflicted damage plus more ways to void warranties.

Anyways that’s my two cents , pick the best course of action for you